Post Reply  Post Thread 
Legion of Zharr [AoS]
Author MessageLegion of Zharr [AoS]
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
Legion of Zharr [AoS]Thommy H 09-25-2016

"Born of the corrupting power of the Dark Gods during the Age of Chaos, the duardin of the Legion of Zharr are a force of unrepentant malice across the face of the realms. Engineers, slavers and sorcerers in equal measure, they march out from their temple-cities with conquest and domination in their cruel hearts..."

All right. Here's something I've been working on for a little while. Technically, this is a new warscroll compendium, but it's actually a bit more than that (as you'll see from the format) and contains battle traits, command traits, a spell lore and artefacts. And, crucially, pitched battle profiles (i.e. points)!

Get it here.

Some designer's notes for this iteration of "chaos dwarfs":

• I've tried to avoid overlap with the units in the Legion of Azgorh compendium. None of the units invented by Forge World appear in this list, with the exception of the Destroyer (because they didn't make rules for it), and the Daemonsmith and Bull Centaurs (because they already existed). If you want to mix the units, use the FW rules, or profiles from my previous compendia. You might have to tinker with keywords a bit, of course.
  • This originally began life as a fairly limited set of warscrolls for the classic 4th/5th Edition range, with options limited to those that had models only. I've retained this limitation for these legacy units, which means you might find some options you're used to seeing in fan lists not present. One example is that Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders lack spears, as there were never any models armed that way.
  • Battalions have a much more central role, in line with the AoS battletomes. In the newer rules, the battalions do a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of organisation - the battalions actually exist as background elements and every unit fits into one somewhere. The only caveat with these is that the points for the battalions are a bit...shaky. I don't yet have a good feel for the value of these in a game situation, and it's not easy to compare the existing ones, so most of them are estimates. I'd welcome feedback if anyone's willing to try them out.

I think that's everything. Enjoy!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

09-25-2016 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 248
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Legion of Zharr [AoS]Admiral 09-26-2016

At it again? That Hashut itch must scratch. Good work as usual, and I'm sure people will find it useful. Stickied. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Deadline 31st of October  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
09-26-2016 04:57 AM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 155

RE: Legion of Zharr [AoS]Timothy Archer 09-26-2016

that is an incredible work , once again thanks Thommy . this is gonna be really useful and its really beautiful

09-26-2016 07:34 AM
Barth
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 30

RE: Legion of Zharr [AoS]Barth 10-03-2016

great job Takes Hat off
what about points for this warscrolls?

10-03-2016 02:29 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Legion of Zharr [AoS]Thommy H 10-03-2016

Points are on the last page!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

10-03-2016 05:44 PM
Barth
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 30

RE: Legion of Zharr [AoS]Barth 10-04-2016

thanx Cheers!

10-04-2016 06:20 AM