Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!
Author MessageGolden Hat XXVI - Winners!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 499
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Admiral 12-18-2016

Enjoysrandom Presents: The winners of the 26th Golden Hat competition!

"And lo, their might be revealed, thus beholden and tremble!"

We had a shining turnout of entries, with submissions spanning from dragons and giant war maggots, through monster skateboards and wolves, to mechanical marvels and mammoths. It was splendid to see all the leaders on their mounts! Takes Hat off

And the winners are:

<1        <2        <3

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #7 - Pappa Midnight
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #8 - Slavemaster Hod
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #2 - Enjoysrandom

And some honourable mentions to Bassman and Jackswift, who trailed the bronze winner valiantly.

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Pyro Stick
02 - Enjoysrandom
03 - Zanko
04 - Bassman
05 - Will Liam
06 - Abecedar
07 - Pappa Midnight
08 - Slavemaster Hod
09 - Kamphre
10 - Murkwood
11 - Jackswift

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe's Medal).

And now for the prizes!

Congratulations to Pappa Midnight, who wins this painted miniature of the Dwarf female captive from War Booty of Ancient Times:

And congratulations to Slavemaster Hod, who receives this painted Goblin porter slave with amphora from War Booty of Ancient Times:

Further, congratulations to Bassman, who by extension as being on fourth place (the bronze winner was the contest sponsor, after all!) gets this painted Goblin porter slave with sack from War Booty of Ancient Times:

And last of all, congratulations to Murkwood, who wins the random prize draw and claims this painted Satyr captive from the Taming of the Wildman of Ancient Times:

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Enjoysrandom for his generous prize donations!

And that's it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs. Wink

The Staff

Also on CDO: Happy Holidays 2016

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting Deadline 30th of June ... Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 06:24 AM by Admiral.

12-18-2016 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1099
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Zanko 12-18-2016

Congratulations to the worthy winners! Takes Hat off

Well done! Cheers!

PS: PM to Pappa Midnight is send! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-18-2016 06:34 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1234
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Abecedar 12-18-2016

Congrat's to the winners. 2 of them got my votes and the other lost out on something so minor that I'd be ashamed to speak it aloud.

Hope you enjoyed my Entry.  I had fun with him. It is the silly season after all.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  11 May 2017

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-18-2016 07:08 AM
Murkwood
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 67

RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Murkwood 12-18-2016

oooh I won the Satyr! Amazing! Thank you Enjoysrandom

Congratulations to all the winners. Amazing work everyone!

Also, thanks to all that pushed me to enter after I posted my idea in my blog, and to Admiral for the final push. I would never have even thought it was worth me entering any kind of painting competition... but I see the value in it now. This was my first ever monster sized painting project and I learned a lot. If it wasn't for the Golden Hat, I'm sure my dragon would have spent many more months sitting unpainted on the shelf. I had a lot of fun, it was an honour and I hope to participate in many more in the future.

12-18-2016 09:35 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 462
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Jackswift 12-18-2016

Such an awesome contest gents!  Well done to Pappa Midnight, Slavemaster Hod, and Enjoysrandom.  The bar was set so high on this one and all three well deserve the wins! Takes Hat off.  Keep up the awesome work.  These were my three favorites by a slight but clear margin. Awesome ideas, execution, and brushwork.  Nicely done to Bassman as well!  Going to have to raise my game if I ever want to earn a Golden Hat!   Cheers!

12-18-2016 02:12 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 462
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Jackswift 12-18-2016

Murkwood Wrote:
This was my first ever monster sized painting project and I learned a lot. If it wasn't for the Golden Hat, I'm sure my dragon would have spent many more months sitting unpainted on the shelf.

So true! If it wasn't for Golden Hat contests... I'd paint half as much as I do.  Dlsomething about having a deadline that brings out the effort.

12-18-2016 02:16 PM
Pappa Midnight
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 338
Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Pappa Midnight 12-18-2016

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me as well as "The Staff" for organising everything and Enjoysrandom for donating the prizes. I am genuinely shocked as the other entries were seriously impressive in both imagination and execution. I was having a bit of a miserable day but this has really cheered me up!!!
Thanks again.

Kind Regards
PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
12-18-2016 02:49 PM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1129
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Malorndk 12-18-2016

I had 4 favorites and 3 of them won. I didn't vote for Enjoysrandom lovely Lamassu, as Bassmans wolf khan had to get my vote, I had Slavemaster Hod above Papa Midnight, but loved both immensely.

I think this contest was one of the best in a long time. Good amount of entries and excellent quality. Most of all this reassures me of the future of our community. All 3 winners are newcomers, but dedicated, kind and skilled which is more than I could have hoped for when tjub and Fuggit redirected their miniature attention away from chaos dwarfs. Please stay and contribute good fellas. Your presence are much appreciated <3

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
12-18-2016 03:30 PM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Slaves: 275
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!TheHoodedMan 12-19-2016

That were exactly my votes, but the other entries were outstanding as well. Thank you gentlemen for this exceptional contest where so many talented hobbyists took part.
Cheers!Cheers!

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
12-19-2016 05:12 AM
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 148
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Slavemaster Hod 12-19-2016

All really great entries. Thanks to everyone who voted. Also a big thanks to Admiral for putting it on and for the people who put up the prizes.

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Hod's Sisters of the Burning Cross (Sisters of Battle 40K)
12-19-2016 08:52 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 639
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Bassman 12-19-2016

My polite, forum-educated external face:

"Well, great Golden Hat again. It has been great to be back and the prize went to the best entries. I'm very happy to end 4th in such a great contest! The slave gobbo is a nice addition, I'd love to send him to work in the Bluebeards' furnaces!" Takes Hat off

My real Chaos Dwarf twisted side:

" Hell with the contest. I deserved to win the Golden Hat!
Pappa Midnight, Slavemaster Hod and Enjoysrandom took what was rightfully mine! I'll torn down their towers, not one stone will be left standing upon another, their clans will be destroyed, their slaves will be mine. I'll throw them into the furnaces of Hashut where their souls will scream forever to the pleasure of the bull god! Daemonsmiths, commanders, slavemasters! Gather the troops! Tonight we will march to war..." Hashut!Hashut!Hashut!

Bassman Wink Cheers!

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

This post was last modified: 12-19-2016 06:11 PM by Bassman.

12-19-2016 04:50 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1234
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Abecedar 12-19-2016

You could always join my Insurrection against these young upstarts.  
They have been obviously spoiled by their parents and left to do gardening and painting and stuff instead of going of to war in their formative years.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  11 May 2017

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-19-2016 06:49 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 257
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Enjoysrandom 12-20-2016

the old curmudgeon is at it again ^^

Great work everyone! this is a great competition with all really great entries, yes even you on the carmageddon skateboard! I really hope you all enjoy your prizes although it might take me a week or two to send them all out depending on Australian shipping charges Tongue

My entry didn't deserve the top three everyone who entered did wonderful work, really good stuff.
Pappa Midnight's entry was so crisp. That paint job really stands out of the crowd and although it lost my vote.
I had Hod's figure picked as first, love the paint job and the conversion, the paint style is right on the money with what I like.
Bassman your entry using the green and gold is really unique and striking. Its nice to see the old models painted in a new way, and i couldn't go past the colour choice, oi oi oi!
Jack got my vote as well, really interesting conversion in my opinion. Best use I have seen of that model and the priestess riding it would have to be the best detailed sculpt i have seen Tongue Wink
I also voted for Will Liam, I love the idea of his camouflaged chaos dwarves with unique paint jobs. I think its really creative and good to see.

Bring on the next Golden Hat and get out those bright colours, realistic and gritty has been done to death!!!

12-20-2016 03:52 AM
Carcearion
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 252
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Carcearion 12-20-2016

Wow guys, when all was said and done their just wherent enough medals to go around for all the fantastic work on this one.

Congratulations to the winners, amazing form and really well deserved wins.  but wow where their allot of great entities. Especially Jackswifts Bale Taurus conversion, if ever their was a call for an honorable mention I think that entry is it.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
12-20-2016 07:02 AM
Darkmeer
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 115

RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Darkmeer 12-20-2016

Congratulations to all the winners and contestants!  Excellent work all around!

12-20-2016 09:29 PM
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 0

RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Roark 01-12-2017

Belated congrats to all winners! Some damn fine entries.

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
01-12-2017 04:18 AM
Murkwood
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 67

RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Murkwood 01-19-2017

The random prize Satyr marks not only my first Golden Hat entry but first model I've ever painted above cavalry size. Very honoured to be able to display this in my cabinet next to my Overmaster.

Thank you Enjoysrandom!

01-19-2017 10:30 AM
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Slavemaster Hod 01-19-2017

I received my prize the other day. I currently have the goblin slave cleaning my place, but when he gets a free moment, I will take a picture of him with the rest of the horde.

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

01-19-2017 11:01 AM
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Slavemaster Hod 01-19-2017

My new slave finished cleaning the house, so I took a picture of him with the rest of the crew. He's still working though - a slave goblin's work is never done.

Also wanted to thank EnjoysRandom and show off his top notch packaging. Like a good Dawi Zharr, no detail was left unnoticed.

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

01-19-2017 01:44 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 639
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVI - Winners!Bassman 01-19-2017

Wow, lucky gits. Mine is still on the way. Thank you crap Italian postal service :-(

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

01-19-2017 02:01 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXVI - Voting! Admiral 34 3,113 12-28-2016 06:55 PM
Last Post: Fuggit Khan
  Golden Hat XXVI Admiral 93 10,806 12-12-2016 05:54 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Golden Hat XXV - Winners! Admiral 14 2,302 08-26-2016 11:51 AM
Last Post: Fuggit Khan
  Golden Hat XXIV - Winners! Admiral 19 3,020 04-14-2016 06:40 AM
Last Post: Abecedar