Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Artisan's Contest XXI
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XXI
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 818
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Artisan's Contest XXIBloodbeard 03-08-2017

Artisan's Contest XXI

Chaos Dwarf Boardgames!

The goal of this contest is to create a 'Chaos Dwarf themed boardgame'.

In recent years Games Workshop have put of a truckload of different boardgames, based around their miniatures. Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower, Bloodbowl, The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Caith, Gangs of Commarragh, Gorechosen, Stormcloud Attack etc.

We want you to create a boardgame using Chaos Dwarf miniatures (or related miniatures).

The size of your boardgame is completely up to you as an entrant.

Must contain:
* Your boardgame must include rules for and be centered around some kind of Chaos Dwarf, Hobgoblin or Bull Centaur miniatures.

You can use 28mm miniatures from any company as long as they are evil dwarfs (or bull centaurs, hobgoblins), Manowar ships, Warmaster etc.

* Your entry must include all rules, graphics, counters etc that must be used in playing the game. Besides miniatures.

Your entry must include written rules for your game. If the game needs specific counters you must include those for printing.

* You're allowed to asume your players (being wargamers) have access to some standard terrain, rulers, assorted dice, coins or coloured stones for counters.

* Scale. You can enter as little as a 1 page pdf document with text on how to play duels between two heroes. Or you can enter a .rar archieve with a full colour rulebook, art, fluff text, print and cut tokens and a campaign system for your game. The scale is completely up to you.

Ideas:
Here's some ideas for possible boardgames containing Chaos Dwarfs.
* Bullcentaur track racing.
* Zharrling bathtub ship battles with Manowar or Admiralty miniatures.
* Knife in the back - a sneaky git game of knife fighting.
* Arena Combat - Dawi Zharr pitfighters against the monsters from the wasteland.
* Petried! A magical duel between propehts, last to petrify wins.
* Minecart racing. Hobgolin slavemasters racing in cart through a labyrinth.

You're allowed to be inspired by known games, but with changes. Think 2d6 dice games, ludo, chess, rock-paper-scissors. There's a lot of simple mechanics, that can make a quick small boardgame.

How and what to enter
To enter this competition you must provide a single file for the Staff, containing your finished game. Please provide a link to dropbox, googledrive or similiar cloud service. Send the link in a PM to Bloodbeard.

Or send your entry in an email to Bloodbeard on
Blodskaeg (funky-a) gmail (dotdotdot) com.

Please provide a .pdf, .rar or .zip containing your complete boardgame.

The Staff will then host all entries, so entries can remain anonymous.

Deadline
Writing rules, making a nice setup, testing your game - it all takes time. Entries must be provided to Bloodbeards mail or as a PM before:
April 19th - 2017, 23.59 GMT+1.

Prize
Our very own Jackswift have donated a mighty fine prize for the 1st place in this competition.

10 metal miniatures from Russian Alternative. The Dwarfs of Fire Canyon with Harqebuses.

A big thank you to Jackswift! You should consider sending him some slaves.

If you want to contribute with prizes for this or future competitions, please contact Bloodbeard og Admiral.

Go go go! Let's make some cool boardgames. Any questions, please let us know.

On behalf of the Staff

//Bloodbeard

This post was last modified: 04-29-2017 02:29 PM by Bloodbeard.

03-08-2017 05:09 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1130
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIMalorndk 03-08-2017

Woah! That seems pretty cool but hella time consuming xD

Nice donation Jackswift! <3

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
03-08-2017 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herby Away
Renegade

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 340
Golden Hat - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIHerby 03-08-2017

Boom baby! Create your own board game...damn!

A little bit too ambitious don't you think so?

What amount of time and energy you will have to offer for such a project?

And don't forget to mention talent and some sort of idea.

How many guys would enter that contest? I guess 0 to 1.

... Più forte ragazzi!            

IRON MAIDEN FOREVER              
03-08-2017 05:26 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 284
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXITheHoodedMan 03-08-2017

You`re nuts.
That is a great idea for a contest, congratulations for this.
I`ll try to make something ready, that is a real challenge.
Takes Hat off

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
03-08-2017 05:28 AM
Carcearion
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXICarcearion 03-08-2017

Great Donation! Thanks Jackswift!

Really interesting contest idea! Maybe we should consider trying to get some forum go'ers togeather on roll20 or something to test them out before we vote

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Custom 3D printed bits for sale!
03-08-2017 05:37 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIBloodbeard 03-08-2017

You don't have to make anything that's insanely big. A boardgame can be something as simple as rock-paper-scissors hidden as a small miniature game.

Sneaky Git stabs Black Orc
Black Orc crushes Chaos Dwarf
Chaos Dwarf whips Sneaky Git

Or a simply 2d6 game

A bull centaur has 2d6'' of movement. Whos first around the track.

Or ludo. But instead of 4 similar pieces, you choose models and they have some spefic rules. BCs roll 2 dice and choose the highest for movement. Chaos Dwarfs have to be hit twice to die.

03-08-2017 05:51 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard

Added the following (as it is in the thought behind the competition, but not really clear enough).

You're allowed to be inspired by known games, but with changes. Think 2d6 dice games, ludo, chess, rock-paper-scissors. There's a lot of simple mechanics, that can make a quick small boardgame.

03-08-2017 05:53 AM
Herby Away
Renegade

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 340
Golden Hat - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIHerby 03-08-2017

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Added the following (as it is in the thought behind the competition, but not really clear enough).

YES thanks! That's an important note. And now I'm already thinking about if I should do it...Unsure...so much work...Sick

... Più forte ragazzi!            

IRON MAIDEN FOREVER              
03-08-2017 06:05 AM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1130
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIMalorndk 03-08-2017

I have the idea, down to rules, layouts and so forth.
Now I'll have to consider whether I have the time to do it Wink

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
03-08-2017 06:55 AM
Slavemaster Hod
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 148
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXISlavemaster Hod 03-08-2017

WOW. That's a new one. Well, I'll have to start thinking about what I can do here. One questions though, can it be a App Game? Or does it have to be a physical game?

Hod's Dawi Zharr

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Hod's Sisters of the Burning Cross (Sisters of Battle 40K)
03-08-2017 08:25 AM
Bloodbeard

Slavemaster Hod Wrote:
WOW. That's a new one. Well, I'll have to start thinking about what I can do here. One questions though, can it be a App Game? Or does it have to be a physical game?

Only boardgame and one file. But please go ahead and make us an app game!

03-08-2017 08:38 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1231
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXINicodemus 03-08-2017

I peaked too soon with my Warhammer Quest variant for Chaos Dwarfs... otherwise I could have used it here Wink

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

03-08-2017 11:21 AM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 460
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIFuggit Khan 03-08-2017

Super cool idea! Yeah! Cheers!
Do I dare say it? I love board games more than table top miniature gaming (I'll have to keep an eye out for a knife in the back after that comment).
I grew up on board games, especially Avalon Hill and SPI games: Panzer Blitz, Squad Leader, Iron Ships and Iron Men, Shiloh, etc.
But sadly I can't participate Sad
Too much real life stuff taking up my time at the moment, but I will be waiting with great anticipation to see what you guys come up with Takes Hat off

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Our very own Jackswift have donated a mighty fine prize for the 1st place in this competition.

A big thank you to Jackswift! You should consider sending him some slaves.

Indeed! Jackswift, pm me with your mailing address, I will send you something better than slaves, I'm gonna send you some Yamato models for your Full Thrust space fleet games Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
03-08-2017 01:30 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1291
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest - Gold x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIAbecedar 03-08-2017

Definitely a daunting challenge. Good luck all

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
03-08-2017 04:19 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 477
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIJackswift 03-08-2017

Hmm... some deep thought, and time may have to go into this one.  Will have to think on it.  Sometimes it is harder to do something simple...  Plus gaming and the prerequisite modelling have only had about 1% of my time of late...

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
I'm gonna send you some Yamato models for your Full Thrust space fleet games Takes Hat off

ShockShock Woohoo!... and thank you sir!  Not that I don't already have plenty.Cheers!

03-08-2017 06:40 PM
Helblindi
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 215
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIHelblindi 03-09-2017

I've been walking around with a game variant I wanted to make, and it's very suitable for chaos dwarfs, so should be fun!

Chaos Dwarfs Score since jan 2017: W 1/L 0/D 0
Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff
03-09-2017 02:09 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 120
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIDînadan 03-09-2017

Nice theme, going to need some thought. Happy

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

03-09-2017 11:10 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1291
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest - Gold x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIAbecedar 03-09-2017

I'm now screwed.   I've had so many scraps of ideas appear in my head and they've all turned into a gooey congealed mess, sort of like soggy oatmeal

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
03-09-2017 05:24 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 477
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXIJackswift 03-09-2017

Abecedar Wrote:
...and they've all turned into a gooey congealed mess, sort of like soggy oatmeal

Well if you turn a big hat upside down you could fill it with oatmeal... and then try to run it across a lava field whilst being shot at by hobgobilns and chased by hangry (ie. angry because they are hungry for oatmeal... and chaos dwarf chef) bull centaurs without spilling too much to have something to put on the altar... call it "Hashut's Breakfast" or "The Most Important Meal... (whose meal is up for debate)" and I think you have the base for a lively game... Tongue Wink

Aww flirk... gave it away... now I have to come up with another idea...

03-09-2017 06:23 PM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Slaves: 284
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XXITheHoodedMan 03-09-2017

My basic idea's already taking some shape.

I love AH games as well, Fuggit,  for example 1830, Republic of Rome or my favorite Merchant of Venus. Most of them are very time consuming Wink.

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
03-09-2017 06:51 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXI - Winners Bloodbeard 11 877 05-13-2017 06:14 PM
Last Post: cornixt
  Artisan's Contest XXI - Voting Bloodbeard 13 1,341 05-07-2017 08:42 AM