Post Reply  Post Thread 
Changes to 40k and plastic Death Guard
Author MessageChanges to 40k and plastic Death Guard
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 51
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
Changes to 40k and plastic Death GuardDînadan 03-23-2017

GW have announced some of the changes that're coming in 8th ed 40k:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k...ath-guard/

Taking a cue from AoS, they'll be introducing a three ways to play system - open, matched and narrative

Thematic armies - taking thematic armies will net you bonuses (we already have this to a degree with things like the bonuses from formations but this will be even more bonuses from the sound of it)

Movement values - they're bringing movement values back so things don't all move the same distance

Armour modifiers - weapons modify saves now (no idea if this replaces the current ap system)

Charging - chargers go first in combat

Leadership - they're scrapping the current rules and instead you roll d6, add the number of casualties you've taken then subtract your ld to see how many extra casualties you take.  From what I gather this replaces the current breaking from combat/fleeing rules.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

03-23-2017 07:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 206
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Changes to 40k and plastic Death GuardCarcearion 03-23-2017

Hmmm.... interesting, I quit 40k in 7th edition (as did four of five of my game group). Most of my group played armies that GW really badly hurt with the power creep (three of the five of us literally all play the bottom three armies in the game). It got to the point that even amongst ourselves playing friendly games with fluff oriented lists, we couldn’t play what felt like a fair or fun game.

I’m going to remain optimistic, maybe this next new edition will be the edition where they get back to the game I loved playing a decade age.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
03-23-2017 12:12 PM
Bronze Bull
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 8

RE: Changes to 40k and plastic Death GuardBronze Bull 04-10-2017

I'm iffy on the changes to leadership, and after having played AoS I really can't stand systems that get rid of point values, but I will be very interested in playing the next edition.

04-10-2017 01:34 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Amera Plastic Mouldings: New Plastic Pyramid for 28mm Figures‏ Released tjub 20 6,437 08-25-2015 12:52 PM
Last Post: Fuggit Khan
  New Forge World Death Guard Terminators Vogon 11 4,130 01-22-2013 05:59 PM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites