Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)
Author MessageK`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)
neZna1ka
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 60

K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)neZna1ka 05-11-2017

Hi all! Let me introduce K`Daai.

Resin. Base 100x150 mm.

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 06:59 AM by Admiral.

05-11-2017 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: K`Dai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Carcearion 05-11-2017

Shock Oh My Hashut! Fiery bull shaped doom, barley contained in bolted steel!!I love it!

I have so many questions Big Grin
Will he be for sale soon?
Whats the price tag we are looking at?
Are you going to be doing more things like him?
Can we get a link to your page?

We live in an age of bounty, seems like theirs a new company releasing something awesome and evil dwarf related every time I turn around.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!

This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 08:47 PM by Carcearion.

05-11-2017 08:40 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: K`Dai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Jackswift 05-11-2017

Yowza! Quite a cool and unique sculpt. Takes Hat off I like very much like the result.   The beaten irregularly cut metal work and chunkier rivets are a somewhat rougher and different take on the CDs than much of what is out there.  Nothing wrong with taking a different angle on something.  Went back and looked.
The Kdaai armor does tend to be rougher though sans rivets.  Well done!  Interested in the answers to Carcearion's questions.  Cheers!

This post was last modified: 05-11-2017 09:42 PM by Jackswift.

05-11-2017 09:26 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 232
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: K`Dai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Zanthrax 05-11-2017

Amazing work looking forward to the answers too

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2017/1...chaos.html
05-11-2017 09:38 PM
neZna1ka
Hobgoblin

RE: K`Dai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)neZna1ka 05-11-2017

I'm glad that you like him

Answers:
1. Yes, it will.
2. The price depends on production and demand. In the near future it will be known.
3. For example?
4. http://www.facebook.com/wood.axe.ua

05-11-2017 11:28 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Carcearion 05-12-2017

Really just curious if you had other evil dwarf related stuff in mind Happy

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

05-12-2017 01:39 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Admiral 05-12-2017

Magnificient take on the XXL bound fire Daemon concept. A must-have piece. Takes Hat off

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
05-12-2017 03:28 AM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1154
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Malorndk 05-12-2017

This is stunning! This is what I wanted from Forgeworld since 2012. This is so akin to their K'daii Fireborns that no one doubts that it is daemonic fire bound to slabs of iron. Yet this fits the fluff of resembling a bull monstrosity. I like it to death and if I had chosen fireborns from Warhammer Forge, I would have been counting my pennies right now. Good job man! Please drop by from time to time with new releases <3

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle

This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 09:12 PM by Malorndk.

05-12-2017 06:31 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Zanko 05-12-2017

I would like to see the model painted! Then I will be able to see more details! Wink

Btw. the dwarf on you facebook site is awesome! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 12:27 PM by Zanko.

05-12-2017 12:26 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)cornixt 05-12-2017

At first I didn't like it, but it has grown on me in just the last day. Now I really want to see painted pics and the scale of it next to another miniature.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

05-12-2017 04:35 PM
Daith
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 58
Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Daith 05-12-2017

Malorndk Wrote:
This is stunning! This is what I wanted from Forgeworld since 2012. This is so akin to their K'daii Fireborns that no one doubts that it is daemonic fire bound to slabs of iron. Yet this fits the fluff of resembling a bull monstrosity. I like it death and if I had chosen fireborns from Warhammer Forge, I would have been counting my pennies right now. Good job man! Please drop by from time to time with new releases <3

I fully agree!! I have yet to figure out what I am going to use as K'daii. One of the things that I keep struggling with is trying to figure out models that feel thematically similar for both the Fireborns and the Destroyer. This sculpt directly addresses this, maintaining the theme of the FW models on a larger scale. Good idea and good follow through.

“Said to have been crafted by Daith himself, this armour binds the lifeforce of its bearer to that of Athel Loren, keeping them safe from harm.” (p.63, 6th Ed. WE Armybook)
05-12-2017 04:47 PM
neZna1ka
Hobgoblin

RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)neZna1ka 05-12-2017

Guys, thanks for the comments. They motivate to work further. ))

Zanko, special thanks for the dwarf.

Now I'm preparing some models for simple dwarves - they can be seen on my FB page.

But the moneybox for ideas is open. If the idea is good - I am ready to implement it.

Sincerely, neZna1ka / Alexander

05-12-2017 05:20 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Admiral 05-12-2017

Considering how good this K'daai turned out, it might be worth for you to give Disciples of Lughar a shot, from the 9th Age's Infernal Dwarves. K'daai Cultists, one could call them in Warhammer such as Helblindi did in his concept artwork:

The idea is at the height of Chaos Dwarfishness. They're Daemonically possessed Chaos Dwarf berzerkers on fire.

Sounds interesting?

I've long pondered how to make them, and have some flaming ideas involving fire dancing across their skin and runes carved into flesh, but would like to sharpen my sculpting skills and most particularly posing/scaling before tackling them. I'd love to see your take on the concept.

Plus they'd sell pretty well as a rank and file unit to T9A CD collectors. Hashut!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 05:38 PM by Admiral.

05-12-2017 05:37 PM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)BABIS 05-13-2017

Admiral Wrote:
Considering how good this K'daai turned out, it might be worth for you to give Disciples of Lughar a shot, from the 9th Age's Infernal Dwarves. K'daai Cultists, one could call them in Warhammer such as Helblindi did in his concept artwork:

The idea is at the height of Chaos Dwarfishness. They're Daemonically possessed Chaos Dwarf berzerkers on fire.

Sounds interesting?

I've long pondered how to make them, and have some flaming ideas involving fire dancing across their skin and runes carved into flesh, but would like to sharpen my sculpting skills and most particularly posing/scaling before tackling them. I'd love to see your take on the concept.

Plus they'd sell pretty well as a rank and file unit to T9A CD collectors. Hashut!

I agree!!

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

05-13-2017 03:36 AM
Black_Fortress_Immortal
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 128

RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Black_Fortress_Immortal 05-15-2017

I want to paint one of those!  I will make it look good, I swear Cheers!

Age of Sigmar Record: 36 wins / 9 losses / 0 draw
05-15-2017 09:53 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Carcearion 05-15-2017

I agree! Some rune carved / flaming chaos dwarf berserkers are definitely missing from the market (I think you would probably also see some Kings of War players wandering your way to for their Abyssal Dwarf Berserker troops and regiments).

05-15-2017 12:38 PM
neZna1ka
Hobgoblin

RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)neZna1ka 05-15-2017

Thanks for the comments!
While we are preparing for the release - some more photos with sizes.

05-15-2017 06:24 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Carcearion 05-15-2017

Oh My Shock

He is huge! I've no idea what I would even use him for. Still a super cool miniature!

05-15-2017 06:50 PM
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 19

RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)Roark 05-16-2017

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIVE!

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
05-16-2017 10:38 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: K`Daai (Sculpt+Final Сasting)cornixt 05-16-2017

A model that will actually fill out the Destroyer base!

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

05-16-2017 01:38 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites