Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Royal Game of Zhur
Author MessageThe Royal Game of Zhur
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 431
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
The Royal Game of ZhurEnjoysrandom 05-21-2017

I know its a bit late for the Artisans Comp but here is something I was inspired to mash up, The Royal Game of your (Sumerian board game) with a Chaos Dwarf twist...

Tried to make the rules similar to the common rules, figured this was less complicated than the Will of Hashut board game I worked on, but might still be interesting to anyone who wants to try...

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.

This post was last modified: 07-16-2017 06:14 AM by Enjoysrandom.

05-21-2017 11:34 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 247
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: The Royal Game of ZhurAdmiral 05-23-2017

Nice take on it! Particularly the colours and board square symbols.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Deadline 31st of October  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
05-23-2017 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Helblindi
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 245
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: The Royal Game of ZhurHelblindi 05-25-2017

Weird. You say exact rolls are required, yet every roll only advances a model one square?

Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff
05-25-2017 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 431
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: The Royal Game of ZhurEnjoysrandom 05-25-2017

yeah sorry just made it rather quickly, I could do more work on it like adding other models and rules for them... but meh.
the rules from Master of Games:
https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/roy...-rules.htm

0 - move 4 squares
1 - move 1 square
2 - move 2 squares
3 - move 3 squares
5. If a counter lands on a rosette, throw the dice again (and again if another rosette is landed upon). The same piece need not be moved on the additional throw.
6. Pieces can be moved onto the board at any stage of the game as long as the square that is moved to upon the first turn is vacant.
7. A player must always move a counter if it is possible to do so but if it is not possible, the turn is lost.
8. Exact throws are needed to bear pieces off the board.

Probably could have reworded it, all it means is that if a model has 2 spaces before the exit you must roll a 3 and be able to move the exact number of squares. hope that helps

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.

This post was last modified: 05-25-2017 03:38 AM by Enjoysrandom.

05-25-2017 03:38 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites