Post Reply  Post Thread 
Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?
Author MessageDoes anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?
ross_lionheart
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 16

Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?ross_lionheart 06-21-2017

We obviously have a lot of expensive troops to use and I've noticed most people have the preference to use these over our greenskind counterparts.  Does anyone use hobgoblinsome in there army to slow down your enemies or steal objectives.  I have sneaky gits and wolfriders and ideally I'd like to field them!

06-21-2017 05:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?gIL^ 06-22-2017

In organised play it would be hard to justify the use of greenskins, as hobgoblins use the goblin rules which don't have chaos allegiance, With friends i would say why not, but against other players or the use of points i would say they can't be used at all.

Then again ive seen hobgoblins used as Chaos Maunders, and not many would be against that at all, plus you get your chaos battline so you don't have to use the Legion of Azgorh allegiance so you could add chaos units, such as daemons and warriors if you felt so inclined!.

So use your hobgoblins as chaos Marauders!

This post was last modified: 06-22-2017 10:25 AM by gIL^.

06-22-2017 06:25 AM
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 188
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?Grimbold Blackhammer 06-22-2017

I've used them repeatedly in my army.  In fact I've just upped my core to 2 units of 30 with bows and shields, 1 unit of 40 with bows and shields, and a unit of 20 Slave Orcs.  With high leadership backing them up, I think they are fantastic!

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
06-22-2017 07:45 AM
Carcearion
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 232
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?Carcearion 06-22-2017

Hmm... using Mauraders for Hobgoblins is actually a really interesting idea.

I'm playing KoW actually, but that would really simplify my allies plans for my bigger force (right now I'm dipping into multiple allies lists to account for my various kinds of green skins and slaves- but if I just dipped into the "chaos warrior" list I could knock out my human slaves, slave orcs, black orcs, and hobgoblins in one go and have hobgoblin slave masters which can "Inspire" all my green skin and slave units).

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
06-22-2017 12:05 PM
gsteelwraith
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 4

RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?gsteelwraith 06-23-2017

If one checks the Warscroll Generator at the Warhammer Community site, one can actually create them as part of one's force, although only the Wolfriders seem to be considered Battleline troops. My biggest issue is finding tolerable Hobgoblin substitutes, as GW ones are expensive and hard to come by, and regular gobbos are just too weedy to be treated as hobgoblins.

06-23-2017 07:40 PM
ross_lionheart
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 16

RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?ross_lionheart 06-24-2017

gIL^ Wrote:
In organised play it would be hard to justify the use of greenskins, as hobgoblins use the goblin rules which don't have chaos allegiance, With friends i would say why not, but against other players or the use of points i would say they can't be used at all.

Then again ive seen hobgoblins used as Chaos Maunders, and not many would be against that at all, plus you get your chaos battline so you don't have to use the Legion of Azgorh allegiance so you could add chaos units, such as daemons and warriors if you felt so inclined!.

I thought that we could use hobgoblins in our army lists as they are included in our army book as a substitute warscroll?

06-24-2017 04:19 AM
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 0

RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?Roark 06-24-2017

Sadly, they still break Allegiance, which is essential for Matched Play. But there are two other ways to play AoS. I've been playing a pure hobgoblin force in Matched Play myself. :-)

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
06-24-2017 05:00 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 668
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Does anyone use hobgoblind in aos anymore?Skink 06-24-2017

gIL^ Wrote:

Dang, of course! I had not thought of that Shock! That way you can also use Heroes on Manticore as Lammasu & Great Taurus, Hellcannons, and Destroyers as Slaughterbrutes!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
06-24-2017 05:31 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites