Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage II
Author MessagePhotobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage II
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 263
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIKamphre 07-25-2017

Admiral Wrote:
Thanks Kamphre!

Some which are blocked by Photobucket in the threads, are still accessible by roundabout means if one open link to PB images in new tab, and access them and/or the album from there. Manual labour, though.

I'll check if I can automatize this procedure, as I did before.

07-25-2017 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 684
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIAdmiral 07-26-2017

Very well.

The mapping of members and listing with links have now grown so lengthy that we've ran into issues. There are no upper word or picture limits on CDO, unlike on say Warseer. This is a benefit, but eventually we might run into the limits of this freedom, as we have now with the linked name lists: The forum cannot handle the length, and frays away parts of the list at the end. Not something I've encountered previously.

We've got backup copies, but henceforth the original content of the first post will be split over the three or so first posts. #1 now contains only instructions. #2 contains only list of salvagable content by member. #3 contains unsalvagable content by member, hijacked from Carcearion. Such hijacking of your posts down the line will continue if necessary.

Lesson learnt: Even on CDO there can be good reasons to install multiple placeholder posts at the start of threads which you know will grow vast in their first post/s.

Showcase proper ploughed through, members mapped-out. Image Gallery and Conversions left to map out. The gallery might be a tad much on the repetition front, and might be left out since the workload is sufficient without it...

Website News contests with images ploughed through. Bloody fortunate, because we were already starting to lose images from some albums such as those hosted by Hashut's Blessing (some early Artisan's Contests, it seem, and those were never saved to the frontpage galleries) and a couple of pictures randomly of those hosted by Grimstonefire. Pure luck that Bloodbeard made GH XVIII into a front page gallery when he did, otherwise we would have lost them, and they're late in the chronology! It should be noted, though, that to cut down on work I've only saved images by usernames (among other, non-contest pictures), so we cannot reconstruct contest by contest easily from my quick-salvage. Cutting some corners to keep this humane.

I came upon an interesting thing, a pattern that I suspected while organizing contests and now have some numbers on. This concerns a couple of fanatic devotees of Hashut, who rarely miss a modelling contest and blows almost everyone else out of the water. Which people am I talking about? Many of you will know already:

Abecedar and Zanko.

Now, I've not counted their potential participation in any contests consisting only of text (SC and some ACs) or lost pictures (some ACs), but even from the quick count garnered during the census sweep, it became clear in numbers what persistent workhorses both of them are. True Dwarfs. Or Chaos Dwarfs, rather!

You see, Zanko leads one side of the race with 23 modelling contest entries. 23! This German has set a record with modelling contests entered.

Abecedar is a close second with 22 modelling contest entries, and he also have two artwork/concept entries and one boardgame entry. Plus a whole slew of Scribe's Contest entries. This Australian has set a monumental record with contests in general!

These two veterans are true sons of the Father of Darkness. Splendid output, both of you. Takes Hat off

On the side, we also have Pyro Stick with a respectable 10 modelling entries, tjub at 11 and Grimstonefire with 14. Few people have yet reached a two-digit number in modelling contests. Follow their lead, and our great works shall multiply mightily. Pirate

And now the trawling of images continues in other parts of the forum...

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:48 AM by Admiral.

07-26-2017 07:42 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1385
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIAbecedar 08-05-2017

Zanko Wrote:
Sadly Borador's Photobucket library is private

I have some of Boradors Photos (14) saved at home.
Would they be of assistance?

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-05-2017 05:49 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIAdmiral 08-05-2017

Certainly. I included Borador in the salvagable list because there are a few remaining pictures strewn about in all his threads which aren't dead links. They can be salvaged by hand if nothing else (have done this), but not by downloading Photobucket albums.

I have noticed something strange, which like other things with this Photobucket seems inconsistent and does not seem to hold true all of the time: As of late, I have been able to access locked-down images by clicking "Open image in new tab." But if I misclick, or just click down a picture and needs to open it again, it will be permanently locked this time. Also, some accounts' images which I was able to quick-salvage earlier, are all locked down to me as well. I have no idea if this is true for others around here or if it will affect Photobucket downloads, but I'd better mention it. As the Photobucket crisis progress, we should expect more than a few accounts which previously had salvagable pictures to become unsalvagable ones (I will not move them to the red list, however, just in case something is still possible to salvage by roundabout means).

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:47 AM by Admiral.

08-05-2017 06:06 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1385
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIAbecedar 08-06-2017

Black_Fortress_Immortal.

His first pics are with Imgur, then the rest appear as "attachments"

Demi_Morgana  -  Photobucket, and the pics are blocked

Devlanmud  -  His pics are with Imgur

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:48 AM by Admiral.

08-06-2017 07:22 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIAdmiral 08-06-2017

Yes, I've not singled out Photobucket users. I've targeted all users with salvagable pictures at all, including attachments and fresh Imgur images. Volunteers here might want to focus on Photobucket salvage, but in the long run we should consider every surviving image as endangered, regardless of photohosting service.

I could access some of Demi_Morgana's pictures during the salvage sweep some days or weeks ago. Mayhap that is no longer possible. Symptomatic for the creeping Photobucket die-off by lockdown we're witnessing. As explained above, Demi_Morgana will remain on the salvagable list just in case.

Good thing you report it here, Abecedar. It can help others direct their salvage efforts.

Alright, CDO's hobby section census is now complete. I won't touch Ideas & Advice or Off-Topic Discussion, nor will I rifle through the Image Gallery since that is one pile of double-work for me if I ever saw one. If you somehow find a member with hobby pictures to salvage not covered by this list, then please report.

That's it for me, gentlemen. Stellar work of you salvaging by Nicodemus' clever method so far. Best of luck in your endeavours! Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 09:46 AM by Admiral.

08-06-2017 07:42 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIAdmiral 08-07-2017

Happened upon next strange thing, probably related to the sheer amount of forum coding on the first page:

Several of the member links are broken, despite directing to correct url-pages. Exchanging the links (for identical ones...) does not work. It is completely random which ones work and which ones don't.

08-07-2017 09:47 AM
Threadbare
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 241
Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage IIThreadbare 08-10-2017

I was looking up some images that were locked out on photobucket and got them to load after I hit the refresh button, so I took a second look at Demi_Morgana and was able to pull up and save all of his army blog photos. Everything except the first post.

08-10-2017 10:20 AM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage I Nicodemus 28 2,415 10-12-2017 08:37 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Stopgap Manual Fix to Locked-Down Photobucket Pictures Admiral 2 527 09-13-2017 08:12 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Photobucket TOS Woes & Third party image hosting Nicodemus 21 2,649 07-01-2017 06:15 PM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites