1500 Ravening Hordes CD
Author Message1500 Ravening Hordes CD
Ghaamesh
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 3

1500 Ravening Hordes CDGhaamesh 07-17-2017

So I'm thinking of playing an aggressive gunline army with pretty much pure CD's in big hats Takes Hat off

Lords: - 260

Sorceror Lord: keep lvl 3, Crown of Command, Black Gem of Gnar - 260

Heroes: - 108

Bull Centaur Hero: Heavy Armor, Great Axe - 108

Core: - 724

Chaos Dwarf Warriors:  x29, Great Axes, Banner, Musician, Gleaming Pendant, - 344

Chaos Dwarf Warriors: x15, Blunderbusses, Musician - 190

Chaos Dwarf Warriors: x15, Blunderbusses, Musician - 190

Rare: - 412

Earthshaker - 110
Earthshaker - 110

Bull Centaurs: x7, Heavy Armor, Banner, Musician, Banner of Swiftness - 192

Total : - 1504

The idea is the warriors create a battle line with the blunderbusses flanking them. They use the movement modifiers of the earthshakers to stay in short range and pepper with blunderbuss fire while the Centaurs make their way around the backfield - M9 makes them great flank chargers. The main block is my anchor being Ld10 stubborn with 1 reroll. the sorceror is just pesky with lore of death throwing de-buffs around the field, and if someone tries to hero-hammer, i can nullify the hero with the black gem.

Anyways, I dont't want to change unit comp, but somethings I will be willing to drop are the centaur hero (Centaur unit goes from 7->8), the sorceror from 3-2, the 30 man block to a 24 man block.

I would love some feedback, and I am planning on building the army after collecting enough info and tips on how to convert dwarves to bad guy dwarves

07-17-2017 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 431
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: 1500 Ravening Hordes CDEnjoysrandom 07-18-2017

Great list would be nice to behold complete on the table and the plan seems solid.
Also surely you have come to the right place for feedback and tips on conversions, there are great ideas here:

Tjub's Army Blog - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=3630
Admirals Tips For Converting - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16977
Fuggits Army Blog - http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13050

*Photobucket has rendered some of the images to display incorrectly*

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
07-18-2017 01:45 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: 1500 Ravening Hordes CDAdmiral 07-18-2017

Good luck! No ideas on battlefield prowess, but Xander's classic tutorials are always a good place to start. Then, as Enjoysrandom mentioned, you can scour the forum for wild ideas and come up with your own. Currently we're in the midst of a Photobucket crisis, but are looking into restoring/salvaging the pictures. Still, many unavailable pictures in the logs can usually be accessed by clicking "open link in new tab", and failing that, by entering the user's Photobucket album.

Xander Chaos Dwarfs
Xander Hobgoblins

Now, I'd recommend you take a look through the Tutorial section as well to pick up some tricks of the trade. Just ask if there's anything you wonder. The army logs and showcase contain hundreds upon hundreds of clever conversions, not to mention complete sculpts.

Welcome to the Dawi Zharr, the Blacksmiths of Chaos. Here, you can tinker to high heaven and go crazy with towering hats and daemonic masks. Takes Hat off

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
07-18-2017 04:17 AM
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 19

RE: 1500 Ravening Hordes CDRoark 07-18-2017

That's a solid list, man. Nice focus. Those Bulls + Bull hero are fast enough to serve as a viable attack wing, and the gunline will be pretty miserable for linebreakers. Dunno about the Black Gem of Gnar though... Isn't it useless against impact hits and challenges? I think it was awesome in previous editions, but not so much in RH. Apologies if I'm ignorant/forgetful.

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
07-18-2017 09:22 AM
Ghaamesh
Slave

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 3

RE: 1500 Ravening Hordes CDGhaamesh 07-18-2017

Admiral Wrote:
Good luck! No ideas on battlefield prowess, but Xander's classic tutorials are always a good place to start. Then, as Enjoysrandom mentioned, you can scour the forum for wild ideas and come up with your own. Currently we're in the midst of a Photobucket crisis, but are looking into restoring/salvaging the pictures. Still, many unavailable pictures in the logs can usually be accessed by clicking "open link in new tab", and failing that, by entering the user's Photobucket album.

Xander Chaos Dwarfs
Xander Hobgoblins

Now, I'd recommend you take a look through the Tutorial section as well to pick up some tricks of the trade. Just ask if there's anything you wonder. The army logs and showcase contain hundreds upon hundreds of clever conversions, not to mention complete sculpts.

Welcome to the Dawi Zharr, the Blacksmiths of Chaos. Here, you can tinker to high heaven and go crazy with towering hats and daemonic masks. Takes Hat off

thank you for the welcome! i will be sure to check out the tutorial section as i need as much information about sculpting as possible!

Roark Wrote:
That's a solid list, man. Nice focus. Those Bulls + Bull hero are fast enough to serve as a viable attack wing, and the gunline will be pretty miserable for linebreakers. Dunno about the Black Gem of Gnar though... Isn't it useless against impact hits and challenges? I think it was awesome in previous editions, but not so much in RH. Apologies if I'm ignorant/forgetful.

the black gem of gnar stops you and one other model in base contact from attacking that phase. its one use only sadly but it could for sure turn the combat in your favor if their kitted combat lord can't fight while his unit gets iced (vampire counts, orcs, etc)

07-18-2017 02:33 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2500 Ravening Hordes Dr.Mojo 9 2,394 11-30-2012 03:00 AM
Last Post: richard barby
  1500p Ravening Hordes Golder Goldeater 5 2,304 06-24-2012 02:29 PM
Last Post: Gabbo
  1500 Ravening Hordes list Golder Goldeater 3 2,042 07-05-2011 05:19 AM
Last Post: Loki
  Suggestions for a 500 pts. CD Army (Ravening Hordes) Hashutsep 5 2,316 03-25-2011 04:46 PM
Last Post: Nicodemus
  I can win with this list! 2500 pnt ravening hordes. Bolg 6 3,336 09-13-2010 06:40 PM
Last Post: Bolg

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites