Post Reply  Post Thread 
Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!
Author MessageScribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 198
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Admiral 08-09-2017

Chaos Dwarfs Online Presents: The 11th Scribe's Contest writing competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

A sudden two-writing-competitions-in-a-row exception to the rules which is necessary and unavoidable or unforeseeable (pressing circumstances, got talent waiting...): Painting & Modelling contests will resume soon enough, folks!

We are pleased to announce that this Scribe's Contest has been sponsored by Admiralty Miniatures. There will be one prize of this unpainted 5x10,5 cm resin relief plate Triumph & Thralldom for the Gold winner:

”Out from the nightmare workshops and roaring manufactories and open pit mines of the Dawi Zharr empire there rise the din and clamour of tools at work, metal striking metal, metal striking stone, metal striking wood, flesh or bone. A thousand times ten thousand slave feet scurry and shuffle, and chains jangle and rattle while whips lash through the air. There is a moaning and a coughing and spitting, a harsh shouting and cursing and talking, a praying and recitating and prophesying. Monsters snort and weaklings whimper as cruel Hobgoblins laugh mischievously and baleful Chaos Dwarfs lords it over this hateful dominion. And in the background, storm winds howl as lightning strikes, and thunder rolls while volcanoes rumble and the cracked earth's crust moves like a nest of restless giants in the Dark Lands. And among the sizzle and crackle of fires, the hardship and the toil, among the din and the chaos, a savage music with a rhythm all of its own rise to the dark and fiery heavens above.

For this is the metallic and bloody music of the Dwarfs of Fire, and woe betide any mortal who shall hear it at its towering heart, the titanic edifice of Mingol Zharr-Naggrund the Great, the terror of men and prison of Daemons alike...

It is a sound of cruelty, and a sound of megalomania. It is madness, and it is unbearable. Yet above all, it is the music of hell on earth, and the Blacksmiths of Chaos are its chanting Daemons.

These are the words of the Unspeakable Ones.“

Subject Matter: A Harsh Music – Temple Song Lyrics
The theme for this writing competition is to produce one song lyric fit for a Chaos Dwarf Temple. You may of course write it as a metal song text if you wish.

Your entry could consist of a Temple acolyte chant, or a Metal variant of how you envision some Chaos Dwarf religious music to sound like.

Legal Disclaimer
By submitting an entry to this competition you automatically agree to give anyone on Chaos Dwarfs Online in general and in particular Admiral and MadHatter full rights to use and spread your song text, even for commercial projects. Any song text used in such manner may have its lyrics changed by the musicians involved, according to artistic taste. Any song text chosen for music production will result in its writer getting access to the music files, but without monetary compensation (Admiral does not make money out of this either but has in fact negotiated away parts of a future commission payment for this music production [to be paid out of his pocket if the clients don't end up satisfied with the sculpted products, of course]; full details will eventually be revealed, but suffice to say that the musicians are gathered NOW, not in half a year's time, and it is imperative to forge while the iron is hot). Any lyric author will of course be mentioned with due credit given in the end product.

Writing Rules
The word limit is entirely up to the writers themselves. Write it as song lyrics. Age of Sigmar entries are of course welcome.

All entries are to be written "in-universe", meaning no lines about D6s or green stuff are allowed. See the General Rules.

You are encouraged to ask Admiral about whether your entry meet the requirements or not, should you be unsure.

Spellcheck
Please spellcheck your entry before submission. Even so, to help even the field for the non-native English speakers, Admiral may correct grammar and spelling mistakes within the limits of his grasp of the English language.

Inspiration Sources
Anything can be your inspiration, including your latest tabletop game. See the Guidelines, and Chaos Dwarf Stories & Background Section. (You are not allowed to copy someone else's work!)

For this particular contest it might be interesting to seek inspiration from the Liber Chaotica tomes.

Please read the full rules and guidelines that apply to the Scribe's Contest competition before submitting your entry!

Deadline: 11:59 PM 22nd of August 2017 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Submit your entry by PM to the Scribe account before the deadline. Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (You have a little under 2 weeks to complete your entry.)

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff before the deadline. In order to avoid problems, we strongly advise entrants not to wait until the very last minute to submit their entries... As things can and do go wrong at the last minute. Please do not send entries to individual Admin or Staff members to submit on your behalf as they may not check their PMs!

How to Enter
Write one song text of Chaos Dwarf lyrics, invented by you, and send a PM to Scribe (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the entry. The moderator organizing the contest will then check the inbox one or a few days before deadline and verify to each entrant that their submission was received.

If you win
- Take your place in the upcoming Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame (to be created), where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Scribe's Contest medal for your online persona:

- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 40 people enter we award 40 slaves to each person who entered.
- If you win Gold, you'll win resin wall relief plate, courtesy of Admiralty Miniatures.

Entries will count towards a participation medal, which is the simpler Scribe's Contest equivalent of Artisan's Contest and Golden Hat veteran medals.

As usual once all entries are received a voting thread will be created. If there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Summary
Subject Matter: A Harsh Music – Temple Song Lyrics
Deadline: 11:59 PM 22nd of August 2017 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

If any forum members would like to aid Scribe's Contest by donating models or other materials as prizes for future competitions, feel free to contact myself or one of the Staff to help sort out details.

Now, carve your tablet. Sharpen your pen and dip it in fresh slave blood, for Hashut demands words!

The Staff

Also on CDO: Photobucket TOS Woes & Third party image hosting
Photobucket Migration to the Darklands – Stage I
Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage II

News on CDO: Scribe's Contest XI - Deadline 22nd of August ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 08:26 AM by Admiral.

08-09-2017 03:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 351
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Enjoysrandom 08-09-2017

Did it go July August then back to July? No chance at getting the next one painted in time Sad

Should be far off it hopefully though.

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
08-09-2017 07:25 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 198
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Admiral 08-09-2017

Thanks for the catch. It's August, obviously. Got loads to do and must expect errors to creep in. Ironing them out as they are discovered. This had to be posted ASAP. In a rush to salvage pictures among other things, best of luck.

News on CDO: Scribe's Contest XI - Deadline 22nd of August ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 08:40 AM by Admiral.

08-09-2017 08:27 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 228
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!MadHatter 08-09-2017

Cool contest Admiral Takes Hat off

Yes, musicians are waiting for the winning lyrics!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
08-09-2017 11:30 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1291
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest - Gold x2                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Abecedar 08-10-2017

You do know that I cannot sing unless I'm intoxicated
and I'm not allowed to get intoxicated anymore.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-10-2017 12:25 AM
Carcearion
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Carcearion 08-10-2017

I just realized this was a double scribe contest roster!

I'll have to throw in my hat this time I think, I've had an old song from my childhood stuck in my head all week! I'll have to see if i can zharr it up.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Custom 3D printed bits for sale!
08-10-2017 02:18 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1291
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest - Gold x2                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Abecedar 08-13-2017

Despite having no musical talent and no alcohol in the house I have actually gotten a decent start for this one.  I don't presume to say it will be a decent song... just that I've actually got an idea and have started

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-13-2017 06:19 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 402
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest XI - Temple Song Lyrics!Forgefire 08-13-2017

I wrote mine yesterday evening. It was fun Happy

08-13-2017 06:33 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Carven Images & Temple Song Contest Admiral 2 167 08-13-2017 01:13 PM
Last Post: Forgefire
  Scribe's Contest X - Winners! Admiral 10 153 08-09-2017 03:26 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Scribe's Contest X - Voting! Admiral 8 301 08-07-2017 03:02 AM