Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!
Author MessageEdge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!tjub 08-20-2017

Mantics KoW campaign kicks of tomorrow... Make sure to force the Imperial and "free" dwarves pay a price in blood!

https://manticblog.com/2017/08/18/edge-a...ts-monday/

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

This post was last modified: 08-31-2017 12:17 AM by tjub.

08-20-2017 05:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaigntjub 08-24-2017

https://manticgames.wixsite.com/edgeoftheabyss

Its time to enter your battles... Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

08-24-2017 05:41 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 831
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War CampaignBloodbeard 08-24-2017

I'm impressed with that site. Very nice, considering it's a wix site. It'll be fun to see what they make from the results, what fluff they'll release.

08-24-2017 06:04 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War CampaignAbecedar 08-24-2017

I couldn't get any interest around here so as to participate.  Sad Face

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-24-2017 06:10 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

We will be doing our first battle tomorrow, sadly no Evil Dwarfs though. Goblins vs Dwarfs, but we will wreck some havoc for the dwarfs I hope... Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

08-24-2017 12:54 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 183
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War CampaignCarcearion 08-24-2017

Any agreeing opponents playing Good Armies at the tournament this weekend will be logged and recorded for the campaign! Especially any unkin who dare show their beards!!! Respect to the Hat!

We will crush those fools in Rhyn Dufaris!

You have my hat Abecedar! Takes Hat off

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
08-24-2017 02:16 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Carcearion Wrote:
Any agreeing opponents playing Good Armies at the tournament this weekend will be logged and recorded for the campaign! Especially any unkin who dare show their beards!!! Respect to the Hat!

We will crush those fools in Rhyn Dufaris!

You have my hat Abecedar! Takes Hat off

Cool, let us know how it went! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

08-24-2017 02:44 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Bloodbeard Wrote:
I'm impressed with that site. Very nice, considering it's a wix site. It'll be fun to see what they make from the results, what fluff they'll release.

They have a "world" book planned around x-mas or so. As I understood it the consequences for each location has more or less already been done, just waiting to see what arc will be used I guess. Will be fun, fluff wast a lot better than expected though rather thin compared to WFB. But no surprise there... Takes Hat off

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

08-24-2017 02:47 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaigntjub 08-26-2017

Realized this thread is under the Chaos Dwarf discussion, but not necessary to start a new thread I guess so will just leave this here. Move if desired... Wink

Had our first battle in EotA yesterday, 2000pts Dwarfs vs Goblins ended in a draw. The Dwarfs heard the call of the Green Lady and answered by sending a force north towards the Abyss. It can only be assumed that they ran into a huge force of retreating Goblins led by Grogg Split-Tooth and his Goons, desperate to get as far away as possible from the Abyss.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

This post was last modified: 08-26-2017 04:13 AM by tjub.

08-26-2017 04:11 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War CampaignAbecedar 08-26-2017

As long as the Dwarfs suffered.........

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-26-2017 08:08 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War CampaignCarcearion 08-26-2017

Hmmm... draw Game, but who came ahead in the attrition score?

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

08-26-2017 09:42 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaigntjub 08-26-2017

Carcearion Wrote:
Hmmm... draw Game, but who came ahead in the attrition score?

The Dwarfs sadly... By 100pts or so, he had two badly hurt Slayer units. Ive would have needed a 7th turn to take them out. Unsure

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

08-26-2017 12:47 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!Carcearion 08-30-2017

My fellow generals of evil! After some short deliberation over on the Mantic forum, a currently small but growing core of us have decided to begin coordinating the armies of evil and the focus we have decided for now is one region... The battle of the Abyssal Dwarves against the unkin in Rhyn Dufaris!

I’m sending out the call here for Chaos Dwarf armies (or any other evil armies willing to lend a claw!), to challenge good players to this scenario and conquer Rhyn Dufaris for the forces of Darkness! If I’m not mistaken Chaos Dwarf armies have an advantage in this scenario (Our whole army gets the Pathfinder special rule I believe, to represent our relentless march into the lands of our most ancient foes!). You don't specifically have to play the Rhyn Dufaris scenario though if you want to you can report any game as a battle in this region.

Here is a link to the site tracking the campaign progress explaining how to participate, and to monitor the swing of battle across Mantica! (as well as cool maps, daily field reports, and statistics!)

Summer Campaign Link

If anyone can insure the victory of the evil dwarves of Mantica this summer, I know its us here on CDO! Cheers!

This post was last modified: 08-30-2017 11:59 AM by Carcearion.

08-30-2017 11:53 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!tjub 08-31-2017

Carcearion Wrote:
If anyone can insure the victory of the evil dwarves of Mantica this summer, I know its us here on CDO! Cheers!

Evil idea

"You have my dagger! We'll attack at dawn and hunt down any bearded stuntling we can find..." - Snark da King, fighting under the banners of Grogger Split-Tooth

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

08-31-2017 12:25 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!tjub 09-01-2017

"Us attacked at dawn boss, da beardlings were outnumbered and fell right into our trap. No chance! All went just as planned boss... Until those Trombones didn't go boom. Dere were several bowls of mushroom soup in the powder keg boss! Must'a been dose spitter boys boss. Jealous of our BOOM!
Not my fault boss, those pesky beardlings ran us down. But us will be back next time boss, more big BOOM next time boss!" -Snark da King

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

09-01-2017 12:29 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!Carcearion 09-01-2017

An extra bit of information guys! Looking at the statistic the Rhyn Dufaris region has not been reported on much overall, and I feel very confident just the KoW players I know we have here on the forum could definitely swing it completely to evil control if we can all get in just one win before the end of the summer!

To report the battle you just give the match score (5/10/15 system, modified by attrition score), and send in three pictures of the game in progress. If you give them more information, I.E.: more pictures, a short bat-rep, a fluffy quote like Tjubs' your report will actually count for more when scoring for the region!

Right now they are transitioning to a new website, so you'll have to hold your reports until monday when a new site will be up (we will update the link as soon as the new site is up).

09-01-2017 03:38 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!tjub 09-08-2017

Third battle in the campaign, at Hokh-Man...
The winds of magic blew strong from the Abyss and Snarks minions prepared for another attack. This time with much needed support "Duuh" the Troll king.

"Yez boss, big victory! Dis time us had them by their throats. The fools, they ran right into our trap boss. Just as I planned, smart plan it was. Duuh and his ladz scared them boss. Ran 'em down from the side, Duuh got a bit distracted by the big boom machine in the forest. But his ladz went straight for the pig dwarf boss. Smacked him up real good boss, didn't leave much for us. But my plan boss, good plan it was!"

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

09-08-2017 12:04 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!tjub 09-08-2017

Oh, missed this though... So make sure to log on before battle to keep yourself updated!

Quote:
THE BRUTALITY OF THE ABYSS – NEW RULE UPDATE

It’s been a great start to the campaign over on Beasts of War this week. Combined with the battle reports we have already taken, you’ve now submitted more than 300 battles… which is an amazing achievement. However, despite getting off to a flying start, it appears the forces of Evil are floundering a little under the onslaught of the Green Lady. But all is not lost…

In the depths of the Abyss, drums can be heard. Their constant pounding rises from the awful chasm. The sound travels an unnatural distance, and creates a terrible rhythmic boom that can be heard across Mantica. This solemn sound strikes fear into the Forces of Good, while the Forces of Evil are spurred to greater feats of violence. The Abyss has not lost the war, yet.

UNTIL MIDNIGHT (IN YOUR TIMEZONE) ON SUNDAY, ALL EVIL FORCES TAKING PART IN THE EDGE OF THE ABYSS CAMPAIGN GAIN THE BRUTAL SPECIAL RULE. THIS AFFECTS ALL EVIL UNITS THAT DON’T ALREADY HAVE THE BRUTAL SPECIAL RULE.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

09-08-2017 12:10 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!Carcearion 09-08-2017

Mewahahah!

This is the time my fellow generals of evil! If your planning on trying to flip the summer campaign this is the weekend to do it! Get a game in while the powers of darkness are waxing!

This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 04:14 PM by Carcearion.

09-08-2017 04:14 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Edge of the Abyss - Kings of War Campaign CALL TO ARMS!tjub 09-09-2017

@Carcearion: Jupp, too bad I just read it when I posted the battle report. Wont have time for another battle this weekend, otherwise an attack at Rhyn Dufaris would be nice.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

09-09-2017 04:23 AM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Mantic Forces of the Abyss - Chaos Dwarf (Abyssal) allies Fuggit Khan 4 1,066 02-05-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Call the dogs to war!!! Merchant 9 2,252 08-10-2008 05:22 PM
Last Post: snyggejygge

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites