Post Reply  Post Thread 
[AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GW
Author Message[AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GW
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
[AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWThommy H 08-25-2017

With the new General's Handbook out tomorrow, GW has updated all of their Age of Sigmar FAQs, and also redone a whole load of their compendiums (compendia?), including the FW ones. Full article is here, but the relevant bits for us lot are linked below:

Legion of Azgorh

FW Pitched Battle profiles

Someone more familiar with the rules than me will have to spot all the changes. For one thing, everything's alphabetical now, and I spotted the wording on spiteshields being tidied up.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

This post was last modified: 08-25-2017 08:21 PM by cornixt.

08-25-2017 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heavygear
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 107
Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWHeavygear 08-25-2017

Most importantly infernal guard with shields are always battleline. So you can pull units from other factions as allied AND use your evil dwarves. You also get to use allied detachments up to a certain points limit and retain LoA status no matter what battleline you are using. So hell cannon, great taurus and lammasu are all useable. Fireglaives and now bull centaurs are battleline if Legion of Azgorh. There is a restriction on allies if match play. No skaven. Maybe the engineers are too competative. Lol.

"Kill the Humans! Kill the Elves! Keep the gold for ourselves!
08-25-2017 05:24 PM
Heavygear
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 107
Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWHeavygear 08-25-2017

The infernal guard battle line change also means you can use goblins without affecting LoA status.

"Kill the Humans! Kill the Elves! Keep the gold for ourselves!
08-25-2017 05:29 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWThommy H 08-25-2017

Heavygear Wrote:
Most importantly infernal guard with shields are always battleline. So you can pull units from other factions as allied AND use your evil dwarves. You also get to use allied detachments up to a certain points limit and retain LoA status no matter what battleline you are using. So hell cannon, great taurus and lammasu are all useable. Fireglaives and now bull centaurs are battleline if Legion of Azgorh. There is a restriction on allies if match play. No skaven. Maybe the engineers are too competative. Lol.

Actually...

The updated compendiums now remove the faction keywords from the legacy units. So a Hellcannon, for instance, is no longer Slaves to Darkness, which means you can't ally it with LoA.

That said, since Ironsworn are now straight Battleline, you can just run a Chaos allegiance army and chuck in what you like. Pure Grand Alliance forces should get lots of new stuff in the Handbook, so you won't miss out.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

08-25-2017 07:09 PM
gsteelwraith
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 6

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWgsteelwraith 08-27-2017

The question I have is how do we use our slaves in this new edition of the rules? The Warscroll calculators still allows one to use the Grots and Grot Wolf Raiders, but otherwise I haven't seen anything in print suggesting we can use them. I've just started adding them into my army on a trial basis, and I'd hate to think I've thrown money away on units I'm not even allowed to field.

08-27-2017 01:33 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWThommy H 08-27-2017

You use them the same way you used to: by bringing the models to the game with your army.

You can't use them in matched play (can't mix Grand Alliances) and, even if you can, you won't get any allegiance abilities. But this is exactly the same as it used to be: the Substitute Warscrolls section never overrode those limitations.

My models:

My rules:

08-27-2017 02:50 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWThommy H 08-28-2017

If anyone's interested, I was perusing the Age of Sigmar app on my phone and saw that the LoA units had 'full' warscrolls with backgrounds etc.. They look a bit nicer and match the format of the redone legacy ones, so I screenshotted them and put them into a single PDF. I've also thrown in the Hellcannon, Great Taurus, Lammasu, Gitboss, Grots, Wolf Riders and Spear Chukka warscrolls, as well as the relevant matched play profiles (only the ones available for free though - you'll need the General's Handbook for the Grots, Wolf Riders and Spear Chukka, sorry!).

Download here.

Note: these are screenshots, so each page is an image file, which means you can't search the text I'm afraid.

My models:

My rules:

08-28-2017 03:46 PM
Barth
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 30

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWBarth 08-29-2017

Great job Tommy Takes Hat off thank you veryl much
Maybe put it on  TGA legion of azgorh thread too 😊

This post was last modified: 08-29-2017 04:08 PM by Barth.

08-29-2017 06:29 AM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 154

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWTimothy Archer 08-29-2017

nice work , thanks !!

08-29-2017 06:59 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWSkink 08-29-2017

Well done Thommy!!! You´ve always been our Scribe Castellan in chief!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
08-29-2017 07:27 AM
Wildist
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 17

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWWildist 08-29-2017

A good use for hobgoblins is using them as a "counts as" allies unit. As some cannon fodder brayherds is still fluffy and probably useful rulewise. Now the sky is the limit as you could literally convert some black orcs and use them as blood warriors or warriors of chaos, hobgoblins as ungors, convert some tzaangors into hashutgors... whatever you please. Allies are a good tool for us heavy converters because it legitimates our fluffy miniatures. Even "hobgrot" raiders could be user either as mounted daemonettes or centigors. It is really up to you.

08-29-2017 07:42 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 191
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWCarcearion 08-29-2017

On the subject of counts as, I came pretty late to the Chaos Dwarf party. What was the difference between Hobgoblins and Goblins back in the day? What where Hobgoblins better at then Goblins?

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
08-29-2017 11:11 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWThommy H 08-29-2017

They had an extra pip of WS and Ld. Basically they were the midpoint between Goblins and Humans.

My models:

My rules:

08-29-2017 01:52 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               

Wow Goblins are two pips lower than humans on WS and Ld?

Hmm… I don’t know that Kings of War has the granularity for a good choice on that one for which way to go. I think Goblins will probably feel most correct (I feel like a Hob is probably reasonably more like a Gobbo then a Human).

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

08-29-2017 03:04 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWThommy H 08-29-2017

No, they were worse than humans in a different way.

Goblins were 4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 5
Hobgoblins were 4 3 3 3 3 1 2 1 6
Humans were 4 3 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7

In AoS, Grots (goblins) are the usual substitute for hobgoblins because, as in KoW, there isn't as much granularity as in WHFB. But basically anything human-sized but kind of cowardly works. Ungors, for example.

My models:

My rules:

08-29-2017 03:30 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Hmm.... ill have to explore the ungor option.

Thank you! Takes Hat off

08-29-2017 03:46 PM
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 18

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWRoark 08-30-2017

Our steam trains got good. They fixed our Bulls. They fixed our BSB. Pretty amazing and unexpected tbh.

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
08-30-2017 06:09 PM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 154

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWTimothy Archer 08-31-2017

im looking at the warscroll right now , and Drazoath does not have any command ability , is it normal ? can't remember about the old warscroll .

08-31-2017 08:52 PM
Roark
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 18

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWRoark 09-01-2017

I don't think he ever had one.

"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow." - Drughaz the Taker
09-01-2017 07:05 AM
moogoodoo
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 6

RE: [AoS] Updated Legion of Azgorh rules from GWmoogoodoo 12-11-2017

I use my hob goblins as maruaders and black orcs as warriors.  No one minds and it adds to our army

sorry about my spelling and grammar i'm just very dyslexic thanks
12-11-2017 05:21 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Updated LOA 2017 rules ross_lionheart 1 183 08-25-2017 08:22 PM
Last Post: cornixt
  Legion of Azgorh longevity. Wiccus 8 2,065 02-05-2013 06:45 PM
Last Post: ZigZags
  My only gripe with the legion of azgorh list Willmark 19 6,973 06-27-2012 05:38 PM
Last Post: Animatone
  Concerns for the Legion of Azgorh list in regards to variety Veshnakar 18 7,433 05-21-2012 01:01 PM
Last Post: Ghrask Dragh
  Legion of Azgorh Bull Centaur Base Size Nicodemus 45 22,732 04-20-2012 06:06 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites