Post Reply  Post Thread 
Miasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)
Author MessageMiasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 156
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
Miasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)Miasma 08-27-2017

So my Missus wants to collect an army but she does not want to paint it, combine this with the fact that at the moment I am not that keen on T9A Orcs and Goblins and the Infernal Dwarfs (dead) at the moment this leads me to look for a new force.

We stumbled on this deal for some Highborn Elves (Sick) which leads me nicely onto a Winter themed Sylvan Elves and my first dual purpose model, the Emerald Drake

Long way to go yet but am happy with the blocked out colours, also on the painting table for this force is
5 Reavers
5 Reavers
5 Silver Helms
23 Archers
20 SpearElves
20 Swordmasters
1 Griffon/Eagle

Did I mention how much I hate painting horses....

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
Eeeew Elves
08-27-2017 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Miasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)Miasma 08-28-2017

Okay so the colours for the Army have been decided here they are on a test Swordmaster, the single Green Gem is to tie the army together with the Dragon... not sure it will work to be honest

Personally I would prefer to keep either the Green or Cream from the Dragon to carry through but it is not my army, only 19 to go...

Eeeew Elves
08-28-2017 06:12 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Miasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)Abecedar 08-28-2017

Oooh, Ichy elvsies.

A small gem probably won't be enough to tie the army together.  You might have better luck by doing the army with a colour tying them all together.
Possibly the blue of the undergarments.  then add that colour to the dragon and the griffon to tie them into the army.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-28-2017 08:42 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Miasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)Jackswift 08-28-2017

A good start.  I concur with Abecedar.  The gem may not be enough on its own.  If you want to keep both the green and the blue as primary colors... Perhaps bring the blue in on the dragon.  Spot hit some scales with blue or consider a fade to blue from the green on some of the extremities or rounding the top or bottom of the monster.  I've also had good luck brining alternate colors in on wing detail or using a pattern on the skin (ie.  Stripes, spots, swirls, etc.).  You may have to play with it to get something that really comes together.  

If you alternate primary colors on units with the pop of the other color as you are using that will also make it look cohesive once you have enough units done.

I look forward to seeing what you ultimately decide to do.  Cheers!

08-28-2017 09:10 AM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Miasma's Other Plog (Eeeew Elves)Miasma 08-28-2017

Abecedar Wrote:
Oooh, Ichy elvsies.

A small gem probably won't be enough to tie the army together.  You might have better luck by doing the army with a colour tying them all together.
Possibly the blue of the undergarments.  then add that colour to the dragon and the griffon to tie them into the army.

Jackswift Wrote:
A good start.  I concur with Abecedar.  The gem may not be enough on its own.  If you want to keep both the green and the blue as primary colors... Perhaps bring the blue in on the dragon.  Spot hit some scales with blue or consider a fade to blue from the green on some of the extremities or rounding the top or bottom of the monster.  I've also had good luck brining alternate colors in on wing detail or using a pattern on the skin (ie.  Stripes, spots, swirls, etc.).  You may have to play with it to get something that really comes together.  

If you alternate primary colors on units with the pop of the other color as you are using that will also make it look cohesive once you have enough units done.

I look forward to seeing what you ultimately decide to do.  Cheers!

Cheers Guys, Well I decided to do a small spot Colour Test, I used the base colour (pre pearlescent) of the Dragon's wings on the corresponding parts of the army (SpearElves Cloaks, Archers Bands, Musician's and Mage's sash/cape/thing?) I need a lot more colour on them but I think that perhaps it could work given a few more coats and a highlight...

Plus with that I have something to paint the shield heraldry on the Spearelves with (Crimson and Green - Dragonlord Colours)

Eeeew Elves
08-28-2017 10:24 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maelzch's Stuff Plog maelzch 113 53,763 11-26-2011 04:26 AM
Last Post: Bassman
  Alfracts Everything else plog Alfract 1 1,535 04-21-2011 10:02 AM
Last Post: Alfract

View a Printable Version