Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Edge of the Abyss
Author MessageThe Edge of the Abyss
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 830
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
The Edge of the AbyssBloodbeard 09-01-2017

My fellow Evil Dwarfs!

I bring tidings from the other forces of darkness currently stalking the lands of Mantica, and although few and far between are those of us who have chosen to cooperate we have formed an alliance and agreed to combine the might of our armies, and to our great fortune the sight on which we have agreed to set our blackening gaze are the mountains of Rhyn Dufaris, the fresh territories that our pathetic, hatless, soft masked, weak bearded, pansy gun-powdered unkin have dared to spread into on the fringes of our territories.

The fools have mined for us riches, built for us the beginning of fortresses and outposts, and laid themselves out as sacrifice – but it falls on us to take what is ours!

Whether you are Chaos, Infernal, Abyssal, call your self Dwarfs or Dwarves – I am sending the rallying call to you now. March out and challenge the forces of good and meet them amongst the battle grounds of Rhyn Dufaris and we will carve out a dread hold for ourselves in the world of Mantica that will stand until we have consumed the very world itself in our flames!

I’m sending out the call here for Chaos Dwarf armies (or any other evil armies willing to lend a claw!), to challenge good players to Scenario #2 “March to War!” and conquer Rhyn Dufaris for the forces of Darkness! The armies of evil dwarves receive a bonus during this scenario called Lust For Power! Giving all our infantry and calvary units the Pathfinder ability (to represent the unquenchable avarice of our relentless march!). You don't specifically have to play the Rhyn Dufaris scenario though if you want to you can report any game against a good or neutral aligned army as a battle in this region.

Below is a link to the site tracking the campaign progress explaining how to participate, and to monitor the swing of battle across Mantica! (as well as cool maps, daily field reports, and statistics!)

If anyone can ensure the victory of the evil dwarves of Mantica this summer, I know its us here on CDO! Cheers!

Summer Campaign Link

Edge of the Abyss thread on CDO

This message was brought to you by CDO members: tjub and Carcearion

This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 03:17 AM by Admiral.

09-01-2017 03:40 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 684
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: The Edge of the AbyssAdmiral 09-04-2017

Very good initiative. Neat campaign and Abyssal Dwarf bonus. The Mantica map has a good shape and tingles the imagination. Evocative impression. Bonus points for having a Constantinople equivalent.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
09-04-2017 03:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 684
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: The Edge of the AbyssAdmiral 09-04-2017

Nice! I've yet to read up on Mantica (looks good on map, though, which is always important!), but are those two contested forests both Wood Elf kingdoms? Just curious. Happy

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
09-04-2017 06:12 AM
Carcearion
Lammasu

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 177
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: The Edge of the AbyssCarcearion 09-04-2017

Here is the updated link for the new site

https://edgeoftheabyss.warconsole.com/

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
09-04-2017 12:16 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1296
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: The Edge of the Abysstjub 09-04-2017

Admiral Wrote:
Nice! I've yet to read up on Mantica (looks good on map, though, which is always important!), but are those two contested forests both Wood Elf kingdoms? Just curious. Happy

I guess you could say...  If I remember correctly The Green lady lives in the forest of Galahir, as well as Wood elfs. The Green Lady is not good nor evil but rather needs the world to be in balance to exist, as well as representing the flora/defensive side of nature. Where the Herd and the Father represents the fauna/offensive side of nature.
The Twiligt Glades are more of an elven "capital", neutral grounds, where representativs from all kindred hold council But there are Wood Elfs there as well. The Twiligt Glades are also a place where "reality is thin", kind of like close to the warp in Warhammer 40k or the Webway.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

09-04-2017 01:26 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites