Post Reply  Post Thread 
Stopgap Manual Fix to Locked-Down Photobucket Pictures
Author MessageStopgap Manual Fix to Locked-Down Photobucket Pictures
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Stopgap Manual Fix to Locked-Down Photobucket PicturesAdmiral 09-10-2017

Stopgap fix to Photobucket images under lockdown (my emboldening):

Warseer's Captain Brown Wrote:
Gentlemen,

As some long term PLOGers and cornerstones of some of the Painting Log areas, the member Ash has come up with a fix.

"With the Photobucket pictures not showing; if you go into edit post and insert ~original between .jpg and [/img] as in .jpg~original[/img] then the original picture will show again..." and it works!

I have asked him to share that in the stickies at the top of each painting forum, but thought I would pass that on to you who had large PLOGs blocked in the meantime.

Cheers,

Phil

Those who have not yet replaced their own Photobucket pictures with identical pictures hosted elsewhere, may want to scour their army blogs and other hobby threads. However,  adding ~original to the address lines will not make the linked images compatible with the more thorough Migration to the Darklands solution!

Note however that we cannot consider this a permanent solution, only a stopgap option. It is possible that Photobucket may come to block this fixture, transform itself beyond recognition or go down altogether as a site.

Please see our Migration to the Darklands below for a sturdier long-term fix, and above all, please keep backup copies of your pictures on both physical and cloud storage, as many different devices and online albums as possible. Also, if you have memory space to spare, please consider downloading the following Google Drive folders to spread the picture files over as many heads as possible to give us insurance in case of digital disaster!

Google Drive Folders Wrote:

The Staff

Also on CDO:
Artisan's Contest XXII
Edge of the Abyss
Photobucket TOS Woes & Third party image hosting
Photobucket Migration to the Darklands – Stage I
Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage II

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 09-10-2017 03:46 PM by Admiral.

09-10-2017 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 378
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Stopgap Manual Fix to Locked-Down Photobucket PicturesEnjoysrandom 09-11-2017

Good to see something basic people can do to fix old posts, but yeah I wouldn't rely on it forever...

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
09-11-2017 09:47 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Stopgap Manual Fix to Locked-Down Photobucket PicturesWillmark 09-13-2017

My guess if they did this they had to go drastic as in they are in deep trouble. No one is paying $399 a year for photo hosting. Hosting my entire Dogs of War website http://www.dogsofwaronline.com costs me less than $100 per year.

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 08:13 PM by Willmark.

09-13-2017 08:12 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage I Nicodemus 28 2,939 10-12-2017 08:37 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Manual Account Activations! Xander 0 488 09-25-2017 03:01 PM
Last Post: Xander
  Photobucket Migration to the Darklands - Stage II Nicodemus 47 4,421 08-10-2017 10:20 AM
Last Post: Threadbare
  Photobucket TOS Woes & Third party image hosting Nicodemus 21 3,127 07-01-2017 06:15 PM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites