Post Reply  Post Thread 
Mechanicus Factory Fight Idea by Scalene
Author MessageMechanicus Factory Fight Idea by Scalene
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 672
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
Mechanicus Factory Fight Idea by ScaleneAdmiral 09-14-2017

Found on Oldhammer Forum. The brainstorming continues after first post. It could be possible to make a much more low-tech version, with Daemonforging paraphernalia and slaves hard at toil, for a Chaos Dwarf manufactory.

Quote:
Yesterday James Holloway came up with what I think is a fantastic idea for a table for BOYL 2018 of a Mechanicus factory, where rival Mechanicus factions will fight to decide whose interpretation of the STC is correct. Influenced by the board game Robo Rally, there will be conveyor belts, bottomless shafts, laser beams, enormous rotating saw blades, etc. etc. with a Necromunda game taking place on top.

Here's my brain dump so far.

Initially aiming for a 4x4 table. I've got 4'x8' of table surface covered in grime and industrial markings (can tick that off).
1. Industrial towers and walkways, as in Necromunda - got about 6 or 7 of these
2. Big pipes and tubes. Take cover or run along them. I might make some as particularly hazardous raised walkways (e.g. you can't fire from them or you will overbalance).
3. Conveyor belts - raised belts about 2" wide and up to 12" long. Each end turn all models move say 8" in the direction of the arrows.
4. Bottomless shafts. I'll print out a graphic of something going away into darkness - does anyone have anything suitable?
5. Acid tanks. Shallow tray with hardboard bottom, mounting card sides and the odd pipe. Pour in resin/fake water. Can go across it but take a low S hit each turn you are in it.
6. Steam vents. I've got some sheets of stuff with hole patterns in it. They cover a big floor area, and every so often a load of steam comes out (white cotton wool style stuffing material). Everyone on it takes burns.
7. Pipes : L-bend plumbing fittings pointing sideways (got a load of these). Randomly jets of steam (make a template) come out and blast people.
8. Molten metal. Like acid tanks but worse. Colour print a swirly molten texture and stick it to the bottom of lids/trays.
9. Crusher. A boxy frame with a hydraulic press that comes down. Some hydraulic pipes and rams to suggest movement. Needs to be able to be in open/closed configuration
10. Control panels where models can change settings.
11. Hammers - big hammers on pivots that bang up and down (scratch build or kids toy)
12. 'Drill hall'. - Grid with holes in the floor. Drill bits randomly pop out. Use cheap real drill bits or cast.
13. Giant cogs - Some actual cogs that rotate - laser or hand cut from MDF, or find kids toy. Models can caught in them, or they connect other machinery.
14. Laser beams - wire painted red, or transparent plastic rod comes out of holes across corridor.
15. Paint sprays - Nozzles jet out paint, blinding models caught in the way.
16. Heat treatment - giant heating elements (actually glowing??) cook models that get too close.
17. Pivoting platforms/walkways - like Hogwarts staircases, they move around, carrying models along
18. Spiked roller (I don't know how this fits in a factory, but it would be cool to have).
19. Big fans. Blow models sideways or over, or into pits full of acid.
20. Factory robots that attack models or attempt to feed them into the next stage of the 'fabrication' process.
21. Hoppers that feed into mincing machines

Idea would be that the table would be filled with these, so it was hard to get anywhere without walking across potentially lethal machinery.

There could be a number of key control panels, and the objective is to get to them and load your instruction set into the Machine God's mind (or smash ones where other factions have uploaded their instructions).

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 02:55 AM by Admiral.

09-14-2017 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1546
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Mechanicus Factory Fight Idea by Scalenetjub 09-15-2017

Sounds really cool, something for Nicodemus to work on! Wink Im nowhere near the space needed at the moment. Could be cool as an AoS-table as well, arent they supposed to be a bit more interactive?

Still love the old RoboRally game thought...

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

09-15-2017 12:11 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Mechanicus Factory Fight Idea by ScaleneDînadan 09-18-2017

With a bit of tweeking that could work as something taking place in a Forge in a Zharr-Naggrund between the forces of rival Sorcerers.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

09-18-2017 04:15 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Mechanicus Factory Fight Idea by ScaleneAbecedar 09-18-2017

Dînadan Wrote:
With a bit of tweeking that could work as something taking place in a Forge in a Zharr-Naggrund between the forces of rival Sorcerers.

good idea

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
09-18-2017 06:50 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Plague Demons by Rotten Factory Admiral 1 654 09-26-2017 11:49 PM
Last Post: tjub
  Sector Mechanicus and 40th Anniversary Grombrindal Admiral 2 973 05-06-2017 06:11 PM
Last Post: TheHoodedMan
  Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii Admiral 20 6,970 06-05-2016 04:56 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Wargames Factory Orcs tjub 10 3,990 02-24-2011 08:06 PM
Last Post: nitroglysarine
  Why do orcs fight??? This_Is_My_Boomstick!! 0 817 07-24-2009 04:58 PM
Last Post: This_Is_My_Boomstick!!

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites