Post Reply  Post Thread 
Death Guard bike idea
Author MessageDeath Guard bike idea
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1358
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
Death Guard bike ideaGrimstonefire 10-10-2017

So I've been giving this some thought, as to how to represent something that is not a daemon beast, but noticeably death guard feeling.

What I've been thinking is replacing the rear tyre with track, and the front wheel turning more into a "metal deathroller" type wheel, with a small dozer blade thing on the front.

Basically to tie it all in to the new GW tank.

Overall I think it's a great idea, it would mean the tank would look slow and relentless, hard rusty metals.  With the dozer blade effectively turning each one into a mini bulldozer.  Which IMO is quite fitting.

I eventually found a suitable track section from Zinge

https://www.zinge.co.uk/collections/vehi...k-unit-x-2

Ideally I would use the kataphron breachers track section, but they are sold out everywhere as bits...

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Kat...-Breachers

The front wheel I'm thinking cut/file the tread off, then stick on some track sections or something.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 04:17 PM by Grimstonefire.

10-10-2017 04:15 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 824

RE: Death Guard bike ideaGhrask Dragh 10-11-2017

It's great idea for sure, would the rider be gruesomely attached the vehicle?

I like the idea of its arms running down to either side of the front 'wheel' and a typically Nurgle long curled tongue running out if it's Mouth to control a bolt gun mounted at the front Sick

I'm sure I've seen something mutate/transform into a bike like that somewhere but I can't think where...

My Chaos Dwarf Blog

This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 09:29 AM by Ghrask Dragh.

10-11-2017 09:27 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1358
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Death Guard bike ideaGrimstonefire 10-11-2017

That wasn't exactly what I meant (as in a hybrid bike/biker daemon beast), but that's actually a really cool idea!

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
10-11-2017 02:40 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Infernal Guard Idea theforgefather 7 2,357 06-24-2012 02:42 AM
Last Post: theforgefather
  Obsidian guard/Immortal idea spiderman5z 15 3,126 12-25-2010 10:49 AM
Last Post: nitroglysarine
  Empire Hellstorm Rockets for Death Rockets idea BLOOD AXE 9 2,767 11-15-2007 07:05 PM
Last Post: username

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites