Sculpting a Proper Beard
Author MessageSculpting a Proper Beard
bobthebobish
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 5

Sculpting a Proper Beardbobthebobish 10-11-2017

As someone who started their Chaos Dwarf army on a very small budget and a handful of used minis I had to do a great deal of converting dwarves with far lesser beards into those of a proper status.  After a search two years ago I had found a tutorial that allowed even me to sculpt a curled beard but sadly my link to said tutorial is dead...

The good news is that it inspired me to 're-create' said tutorial on my own and I figured why not share it with others since it helped saved my wallet quite a bit!

The goods are hiding on my blog so here's a handy dandy link:

http://bobthebobish.blogspot.com/2017/08...eards.html

Hope it helps someone else! Takes Hat off

Beware some non Dawi Zharr in the blog:
http://bobthebobish.blogspot.com/
10-11-2017 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Lammasu

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 177
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Sculpting a Proper BeardCarcearion 10-11-2017

Thanks man! I've been fighting with the idea of doing some more Greenstuff work (so many great reaper dwarves I want to convert) - tutorials like this are a big help in getting my nerve up.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
10-11-2017 01:11 PM
bobthebobish
Slave

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 5

RE: Sculpting a Proper Beardbobthebobish 10-12-2017

No problem just passing along the help I got years ago!  It really isn't as tough as people think and each beard gets easier for sure.

Beware some non Dawi Zharr in the blog:
http://bobthebobish.blogspot.com/
10-12-2017 06:29 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1296
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Sculpting a Proper Beardtjub 10-13-2017

Thought Id just share how I do beards as well. Happy

I do my beards as individual cones, which I attach one at the time to form the basic shape of the beard. Then I go down each side with the sculpting tool to create a zig-zag kina pattern. Them I go down the front of every curl making a horizontal mark between the others. And last I take needle and cavern the curl by pushing it in and doing gentle circular movements.

_
  _
_
  _

_
_
  _
_
_
_
  _

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

This post was last modified: 10-13-2017 12:27 AM by tjub.

10-13-2017 12:26 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites