Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XXVIII
Author MessageGolden Hat XXVIII
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Golden Hat XXVIIIAdmiral 10-13-2017

"Reload!"

Warcolours presents: The 28th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Admiralty Miniatures - The gold winner will claim a kit of 12 unpainted whitemetal Slave Orc Heads of Ancient Times, soon to be released (shown here with Citadel plastic Orc for scale purposes only):

Furthermore, this contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The silver winner will claim a €30 coupon on Warcolours shop.

As for the bronze winner, Zanko has kindly donated a couple of OldHammer Miniatures (made by AtomTaylor), namely a big hat Overlord on foot and a Boar Centaur boss:

Subject Matter: Chaos Dwarf Gunnery Teams

For this contest we want you to model and paint one Chaos Dwarf Gunnery Team of some sort.

This contest is not about Hobgoblin bolt throwers, Dreadquake/Earthshaker Mortars, Deathrockets/Deathshrieker Rocket Launchers, Hellcannons/Asscannons or Magma Cannons; or rather, it is not about big artillery (though people are welcome to make much smaller versions of the mentioned themes). Think small; light artillery; support weapons. 2 Chaos Dwarf crewmembers per team, no more, although one single Chaos Dwarf crewmember could be used instead if you have reasons. You can use non-Chaos Dwarf slaves as helpes aside from the actual Chaos Dwarf crew.

A gunnery team could be anything from a machine gun; a flamethrower; a mini-mortar/petard; a swivel gun; a mini-Hellcannon/Asscannon-style Daemonforged or possessed shooting weapon; a bazooka; a fireball-casting statue with handlers; a wimpy Obsidian golem spitting shards with handlers; a K'daai spitting fire with handlers; a gigantic two-man blunderbuss; or something else entirely. So long as you go for something you would deem too small for heavy artillery service, then the sky is the limit!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral or Bloodbeard and they'll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Bases are to be max 60mm wide (Gunnery Teams in the Ninth Age go on 40mm rounds, but pick whatever shape and size you like within the 60mm limit). Display bases and Plinths are not allowed. You could also skip a base altogether if that suits your collection better.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Dwarf Gunnery Teams.
Bases:  Max 60mm wide. No display bases, plinths, though, please.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM November 9th, 2017 EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 4 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact Admiral or Bloodbeard. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entry to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win prizes! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best to post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral or Bloodbeard and they will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 01:47 PM by Admiral.

10-13-2017 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 273
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIKamphre 10-13-2017

Cool contest !
I need to think to my entry, but I'm pretty sure I'll participate !

And we can't thank you enough Admiral for giving so much of your time and gifts for the community !!

This post was last modified: 10-14-2017 02:11 AM by Kamphre.

10-13-2017 02:45 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 183
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIICarcearion 10-13-2017

Oooh! Oh! I have been dieing for an excuse to do one of these!

I have so much to paint for my tournament next month though!

I'll try to make it!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
10-13-2017 04:33 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 123
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIZanthrax 10-13-2017

Great theme will be entering too

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com.au/201...hat-chaos​
10-13-2017 08:35 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIZanko 10-14-2017

I have a first vague idea which models i can use, no not the 3rd edition mortar or swivel gun, something else. Wink

Great theme guys! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-14-2017 02:54 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIGrimstonefire 10-14-2017

I've come up with a really cool idea for this, but it would take ages to build...  Which is saying a lot considering it's only two dwarfs!  lol

Incidentally, are people thinking of going 'old skool' with this (as in 5th-8th ed), or AOS theme?

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
10-14-2017 08:25 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Slaves: 828

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIGhrask Dragh 10-14-2017

This is the conundrum, the theme suits some of the old minis I have from that era with the bazooka dudes and swivel guns but I'm so tempted to go for something brand new instead to bring them up-to-date...  so in answer to that question I have no idea yet Happy

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
10-14-2017 05:56 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIAbecedar 10-14-2017

Typical, I've painted all my Swivel Guns, Mortars and Bazooka's.  
Gunna have to find something else

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-14-2017 07:28 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIAdmiral 10-15-2017

Thank you, Kamphre! Updated the crew section, to not have rules getting in the way of creative builds (that was never the intention):

GH XXVIII Rules Wrote:
2 Chaos Dwarf crewmembers per team, no more, although one single Chaos Dwarf crewmember could be used instead if you have reasons. You can use non-Chaos Dwarf slaves as helpes aside from the actual Chaos Dwarf crew.

The cap on CD crew to 2 is still in place to help get the gunnery team/light artillery impression over and not trample on bigger artillery territory, but if you want to include slave helpers, then do so.

There are some miniatures in existing ranges out there that could be used straight off for gunnery team weapons. Mantic has a light mortar and flamethrower, while Macrocosm at least used to have lots of different gunnery teams. CDO's AtomTaylor has, or had at least, a petard on offer.

There might be more available gunnery team models still out there. Please share if you know of any.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 02:30 PM by Admiral.

10-15-2017 04:39 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 497
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIJackswift 10-22-2017

Been put of country with limited reception.  Back now and have a few ideas for this one if I can get back into the modelling groove.  Will likely throw my hat in.  Cheers!

10-22-2017 12:44 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIAdmiral 10-22-2017

Best of luck!

I'll be away working in another town for a couple of weeks. The usually reliable Internet connection via phone died during the weekend, and if this occurs again I won't be able to check in here for any questions people might have, while away. Hope everything is clear.

10-22-2017 02:36 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIZanthrax 10-28-2017

Entry submitted good luck to everyone

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com.au/201...hat-chaos​
10-28-2017 06:18 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIZanko 10-28-2017

Haven't started yet ... still waiting for stuff. Sad

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

10-28-2017 07:19 AM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIZanthrax 10-28-2017

Lucky for me I had everything at home and inspiration came after a couple of gin and tonics to smash everything together  Wink

10-28-2017 08:01 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIZanko 10-28-2017

O.k. I will drink a lot of Whisky this evening and then I will have an inspiraton .. hopefully! Big Grin

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

10-28-2017 05:19 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIAdmiral 10-31-2017

Update! Poison, the owner of Warcolours shop, has kindly donated a prize for the contest:

Quote:
Furthermore, this contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The silver winner will claim a €30 coupon on Warcolours shop.

10-31-2017 07:03 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIAbecedar 10-31-2017

That's great. Thanks Poison
I am progressing albeit slowly.
I think I need Smart Paints.  You know the ones that go where you tell them you want them and not where the brush lands

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-31-2017 07:04 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXVIIItjub 10-31-2017

Wow, thats cool... Great sponsors! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

10-31-2017 11:16 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIAdmiral 11-03-2017

@Abecedar: Haha, how about a Scud paint instead?

Full pot of prizes in top, thanks to Zanko!

Quote:
As for the bronze winner, Zanko has kindly donated a couple of OldHammer Miniatures (made by AtomTaylor), namely a big hat Overlord on foot and a Boar Centaur boss:

This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 01:48 PM by Admiral.

11-03-2017 01:46 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Slaves: 828

RE: Golden Hat XXVIIIGhrask Dragh 11-03-2017

Lots of cool updates there!!

I've been through so many ideas for this, a real struggle and alot haven't worked in out so far but I still have time damn it!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog

This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 08:42 PM by Ghrask Dragh.

11-03-2017 08:41 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXVIII - Voting! Admiral 16 384 11-16-2017 12:31 PM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites