Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XXIX
Author MessageGolden Hat XXIX
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 511
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
Golden Hat XXIXAdmiral 12-16-2017

"Kick-off!"

Warcolours & Enjoysrandom presents: The 29th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! This round, every single entrant will receive a €10 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of Poison:

Furthermore, this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by Enjoysrandom! The gold winner will receive this painted axeman with display case:

The silver winner will receive a kit of four 15mm Tjubling Axemen from Admiralty Miniatures:

While a random entrant will receive an unpainted kit of Slave Orc Heads of Ancient Times from Admiralty Miniatures (courtesy of Zanko, who graciously passed his previous Golden Hat prize on in this manner):

Subject Matter: Blood Bowl!

For this contest we want you to model and paint Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl team miniature/s of some sort, be it Hobgoblins, Minotaurs, Bull Centaurs, Chaos Dwarf players or off-the-pitch characters such as an apothecary, cheerleaders, coach, hired wizard or knocked-out player. Any combination of these kinds of Chaos Dwarf-appropriate miniatures are fine. You can enter with a single model, or up to a full team with sideline attendants (but only one team per entrant).

This is not a scenery contest, so do not include a stadium, spectator stands, dugout or suchlike terrain. However, you may photograph your miniatures on the pitch, a grassy plain, cobblestones or suchlike playing field as background.

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral or Bloodbeard and they'll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion with the following exception: Display bases and plinths are not allowed.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Dwarf Blood Bowl.
Bases: Up to your discretion. No display bases, plinths, though, please.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM January 30h, 2018 UTC (Central European Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact Admiral or Bloodbeard. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame (when it gets updated).
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win a display miniature, Tjublings or slave heads! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-25-2018 01:08 PM by Admiral.

12-16-2017 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1216
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXWillmark 12-16-2017

Might have something to enter here, we’ll see.

My Want List / My Trade List
12-16-2017 03:20 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HPN
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 75
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXHPN 12-16-2017

Nice theme!  Have to think out something!

12-16-2017 03:52 PM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 196

RE: Golden Hat XXIXUther the unhinged 12-16-2017

Ooooh have an idea.Might be able to enter ar last.

12-16-2017 08:45 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1245
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXZanko 12-17-2017

BB is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure that I own some BB models ... Unsure

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-17-2017 07:37 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 706
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXSkink 12-17-2017

Never had any interest in BB unfortunately... Will sit this one out!!! Good luck to you folks Cheers!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
12-17-2017 10:27 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 842

RE: Golden Hat XXIXGhrask Dragh 12-17-2017

Well it's that time again, time for me to think of idea after idea until my head hurts and then realise I haven't got time to do the idea I settle on Happy

I'll try my best again to make my first GH Tongue Wink

My Chaos Dwarf Blog

This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 10:54 AM by Ghrask Dragh.

12-17-2017 10:54 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 577
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXJackswift 12-17-2017

Hmmm... As with others this falls outside of my range when it comes to CDs unless the models also work for standard gaming.  Will see if perhaps I can come up with something. May sit it out though.

12-17-2017 11:13 AM
Helblindi
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 245
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXHelblindi 12-17-2017

Count me in this time! I've got a pile of CD lying around waiting to be converted into blood bowlers Big Grin

Thanks Admiral, for the amount of variety between contests. Apparently, this is not for everyone, but that will be the case with any theme, so the change of theme is much appreciated.

Jackswift, you could make an apothecary or coach that could still be used as a daemonsmith?

Or a goblin player/slave. Not all slaves need to have weapons. Those in the back ranks can pick up the blades of their fallen kin Happy

Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff

This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 01:03 PM by Helblindi.

12-17-2017 01:02 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 425
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXEnjoysrandom 12-18-2017

Great to see the comp is up, hope someone who will enjoy my prize wins it.

With the last Chaos Dwarf themed blood bowl Kickstarter a massive success and with Pyro Sticks Blood Bowl thrower sculpted by Rozmax now up for sale I would have thought there would have been too many entries! come on guys This Model should make this comp easy and you even get a €10 Warcolours store coupon for entry! at only £6 a model you almost make money... and support the community doing it!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.

This post was last modified: 12-18-2017 11:06 AM by Enjoysrandom.

12-18-2017 11:04 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 577
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXJackswift 12-18-2017

I have a few ideas brewing... and will likely enter.  Woe to the perfectly good models that will be sliced up in the name of conversion... Bwa ha ha.  The Rozmax model is quite cool and I think I may have to pick one up just to paint it.

12-18-2017 12:23 PM
Tertius
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 69

RE: Golden Hat XXIXTertius 12-19-2017

Inquiry:

Round Bases?  (He asked, like a BB newb...)

12-19-2017 04:52 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXAdmiral 12-19-2017

Not obligatory. In case someone want to put their BB minis on e.g. 25mm square or hexagonal bases, we won't forbid it. However, round bases are standard in Blood Bowl and you can't go wrong with sticking to rounds. Happy

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
12-19-2017 07:15 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1496
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXAbecedar 12-19-2017

shouldn't they be football shaped?

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-19-2017 07:43 AM
Tertius
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 69

RE: Golden Hat XXIXTertius 12-19-2017

Abecedar Wrote:

Big Grin
I probably will give the BullCentaur one of the newfangled ovals. Or maybe a pair of rounds...

How big are the squares on a standard pitch? That would be good to know.

12-19-2017 08:50 AM
HPN
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 75
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXHPN 12-19-2017

Tertius Wrote:

Abecedar Wrote:

Big Grin
I probably will give the BullCentaur one of the newfangled ovals. Or maybe a pair of rounds...

How big are the squares on a standard pitch? That would be good to know.

Standard BB pitch was made of 29mm squares if i remember correctly.
Don't know if the new pitch got larger squares.

12-19-2017 11:24 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1389
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXtjub 12-19-2017

The BB2016 pitches are 34mm squares and the miniatures on 32mm bases.

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

12-19-2017 11:58 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1496
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXAbecedar 12-29-2017

Making some progress, though my initial dreams are starting to look (as usual) not realistically attainable.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-29-2017 10:57 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXIXAdmiral 01-14-2018

How is your violent fantasy footballing efforts going, folks?

01-14-2018 04:09 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 425
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIXEnjoysrandom 01-14-2018

My entry is freshly completed, its pretty rushed but least it will be another entry!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
01-14-2018 10:16 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXIX - Winners Admiral 11 3,182 02-18-2018 05:28 PM
Last Post: TheHoodedMan
  Golden Hat XXIX - Voting Admiral 8 2,677 02-08-2018 05:29 AM
Last Post: Abecedar

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites