Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Your primary army, before Chaos Dwarfs
Author MessageYour primary army, before Chaos Dwarfs
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 293
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsTheHoodedMan 12-29-2017

Zanko Wrote:
I started with the "Prince Ulthers Imperial Dwarfs" Box and the "Bugmans Dwarf Rangers" Box. The 3rd Box I bouhgt was the "Chaos Dwarf Renegades" Box. After that I collected vanilla dwarfs and chaos dwarfs parallel.

Now I own a Chaos Dwarf army, a vanilla Dwarf army, a (Dark) Elf army, some 3rd Edition Slaan models, some Undead modles and some Witch Hunter models for Mortheim.

Hashut!

The 2 boxes  are top notch,  no wonder you fell in love with the dirty little fellows; -).

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
12-29-2017 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1421
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsAbecedar 12-29-2017

7th Ed battle for Skull Pass was where I started. My son took the dwarfs and I the goblins. I built up the O&G to 10,000+ but meanwhile, various forays into ebay looking at olde slayer models for him led me to the Chaos Dwarfs and the start of collectoritis for me.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-29-2017 10:53 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 551
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsJackswift 12-29-2017

I started with Sisters of Battle 20 years ago... back when their list was tiny with no official rule book and like 20 official models give or take.  Eventually branched into a Dark Elves for WHFB (sold the army later but still have some stragglers).   Now for fantasy KoW I have CD supplemented with some Celtos Orcs and the occasional dark elf + a 2k size Nippon army made up mostly of Clan War models. For 40k (now Warpath or One Page 40k) I currently have 5k Sisters of Battle, 2k Tron Eldar, 3k Thousand Sons (second army.  Sold the first one I built), and 4k Orks including titans and flyers for most of these armies for mass battle. Bear in mind that most of these haven't been built on for a few generations of rules and don't see much table time these days.   I'll likely be divesting of a significant portion of them in the near future.

This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 11:02 PM by Jackswift.

12-29-2017 10:55 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1199
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsWillmark 12-29-2017

Zanko Wrote:
I started with the "Prince Ulthers Imperial Dwarfs" Box

I've got these guys and still sporting their original 1990 paint job! dead

My Want List / My Trade List
12-29-2017 11:23 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Will Liam
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 281
Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsWill Liam 12-30-2017

Orcs and goblins was my first army before Chaos Dwarfs so its handy that they can be used togeather as a huge related army

12-30-2017 12:28 AM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 153
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsMiasma 12-30-2017

My first lov..army has always been Night Goblins. I sold most of the original models that I had (And now severely regret) Clubbers & Netters, Cave Squigs, Squig Herders, Stone Trolls.. urgh would love to get them back but then next army was Vostroyans (oh look all have Big hats and metal...)

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
Eeeew Elves
12-30-2017 01:04 PM
Sjoerdo
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 86
Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsSjoerdo 01-03-2018

Started with Chaos Dwarfs Happy

In 5th edition, the old big hats. Sold this army.
Then moved on to Vampire Counts, and starting collecting 2nd editions Chaos Dwarfs.
Sold the VC's moved to Orcs and Goblins.
Sold the O&G's and moved to Nurgle.
Sold the Nurgle army and started playing a full 2nd edition army of CD's in 6th edition Warhammer.

Traded all my painted 2nd edition CD's to a good friend for unpainted ones and stopped playing all together, just sculpting and collecting.

01-03-2018 04:20 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1421
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsAbecedar 01-03-2018

Sjoerdo Wrote:
Started with Chaos Dwarfs Happy

In 5th edition, the old big hats. Sold this army.
Then moved on to Vampire Counts, and starting collecting 2nd editions Chaos Dwarfs.
Sold the VC's moved to Orcs and Goblins.
Sold the O&G's and moved to Nurgle.
Sold the Nurgle army and started playing a full 2nd edition army of CD's in 6th edition Warhammer.

Traded all my painted 2nd edition CD's to a good friend for unpainted ones and stopped playing all together, just sculpting and collecting.

Legendary

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-03-2018 08:27 PM
Abyssalmatt
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 2

RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsAbyssalmatt 01-04-2018

Chaos dwarfs were my first; skaven were my second, I have 20,000+ points of skaven; had 4k bretonnians I just got rid of, and 3k dogs of war.

01-04-2018 07:47 AM
gsteelwraith
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 7

RE: Your primary army, before Chaos Dwarfsgsteelwraith 02-08-2018

Willmark Wrote:

Xander Wrote:
Chaos. Always Chaos. Back when it was a single book. But if I have to choose now, it's Warriors of Chaos. Well, now-ish. I have no idea what's going on in AoS.

Agreed here. I thought the 5th Edition rules (not necessarily the power level) for Chaos was the best they have ever done.

I still have my old Chaos Armybook and Codex, those books were the absolute best GW ever put out. I was happy when I scored my Chaos Dwarf Armybook last year.

Oh, yes, my primary army would be my 'vanilla' dwarf army. I guess now they're called 'Dispossessed', but whatever, and they are pewter for the most part. My Chaos Dwarfs are getting more playing time these days, and more of my appropriations funds.

02-08-2018 10:04 PM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1131
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsMalorndk 02-10-2018

5th edition: O&G - learning to paint was haaard xD
6th edition: Dark Elfs - Rules where baaaaad, then 7th came Wink

Still have everything! But shared with my brother

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
02-10-2018 10:12 PM
Unzul
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 112

RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsUnzul 02-19-2018

Orc and Goblins

WAAAGH!!!

For the Glory!
02-19-2018 09:39 AM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 394
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Your primary army, before Chaos DwarfsEnjoysrandom 02-19-2018

I started collecting Blood Bowl figures and decided, after collecting a fair few teams, that I preferred the Chaos Dwarves.
I was originally leaning more towards a Chaotic Malal army with Chaos Dwarves as the main focus... but the 4th/5th edition Dawi'Zharr seemed to have more character!
Now days I have a bit over 10k using Tommy H's point system... although neglected there are still plenty more big hats to add... and a seemingly continuous list of manufactures ready to produce more, *nudge* *nudge* Admiral, many more of your models are needed!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
02-19-2018 11:33 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites