Post Reply  Post Thread 
[8th] What is the the best or "good" low point WFB army?
Author Message[8th] What is the the best or "good" low point WFB army?
Strutsagget
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 17
Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
[8th] What is the the best or "good" low point WFB army?Strutsagget 05-25-2018

So I am new to chaos-dwarf and we in my playgroup still only play Warhammer fantasy 8 ed.

At the moment we do a lot of 1600p and sometimes 2000p when we got more time. We run 25% restrictions on lords/heroes.

I usually like to start with a good netlist when learning a new army and then elaborate from there.

Should I caste or is it possible to run an aggressive list as most people do like to brawl Happy

I find it pretty hards to build as low point as it more or less removes the prophet from being played and castellan and sorcerer more or less sums up all points in heroes spot.

I have only played against Ogres so far and lost. But will face Dwarfs, Skaven, OnG, Lizards, Empire, WoC, DE and WE sooner or later as those armies are in the playgroup.

This post was last modified: 05-26-2018 04:53 AM by Admiral.

05-25-2018 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 262
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: [8th] What is the the best or "good" low point WFB army?Admiral 05-26-2018

I'm infamously poor at rules and wargaming, but here is one trick that is lovely against Ogres in 8th but doesn't work so well in 9th Age: Cast Ashstorm on your Ogre foe's tyrant bunker, and hope to get into a challenge with his Tyrant with your Sorcerer-Prophet. Strike one single unsaved wound against the Tyrant with Black Hammer of Hashut, and the Ogre goes pop!

That lucky event at a tournament actually inspired this porridge song which kicked off the whole Chaos Dwarf culture project for my part (in conjunction with e.g. MadHatter's Khaozalid lexicon): See signature for compilation threads on reads by various members, some even illustrated by our site's artists.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Deadline 6th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
05-26-2018 04:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fireglaives vs Blunderbuss in a 1500 Point Army TimothyLeighton 8 2,470 05-13-2015 02:38 AM
Last Post: TheHoodedMan
  1000 Point limited model army MLP 2 1,491 01-05-2012 07:02 AM
Last Post: MLP

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites