Post Reply  Post Thread 
Dawi Zharr in Age of Sigmar
Author MessageDawi Zharr in Age of Sigmar
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 697
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
Question  Dawi Zharr in Age of SigmarAdmiral 05-29-2018

As with KoW and T9A: If you find anything connected to us in official AoS, please post here or in another thread.

Age of Sigmar players, and anyone in general who likes to brainstorm some fluff, what is your various takes on Chaos Dwarfs in the AoS setting? We've seen some Scribe's Contest entries scratching at it, and I was reminded of it all when I finally had time and remembered to check out Uther's Age of Sigmar Creation Myth (recommended read).

Also, feel free to discuss how fundamentally revamped & reimagined Chaos Dwarfs might look like in Age of Sigmar.

Just curious. Thanks in advance for any contributions. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-11-2018 10:18 AM by Admiral.

05-29-2018 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Heavygear
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 109
Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar BackgroundHeavygear 06-24-2018

Admiral Wrote:
If you find anything connected to us in official AoS, please post here or in another thread.

Age of Sigmar players, and anyone in general who likes to brainstorm some fluff, what is your various takes on Chaos Dwarfs in the AoS setting? We've seen some Scribe's Contest entries scratching at it, and I was reminded of it all when I finally had time and remembered to check out Uther's Age of Sigmar Creation Myth (recommended read).

Also, feel free to discuss how fundamentally revamped & reimagined Chaos Dwarfs might look like in Age of Sigmar.

Just curious. Takes Hat off

Has anyone read Assault on the Manadrake Bastion? There is a mention of the twisted Furnace Kings of the Bale-Furnace in Aqshy who make weapons and armor for the Blood Bound. I haven't read the book myself but it sounds a bit like chaos dwarfs.

"Kill the Humans! Kill the Elves! Keep the gold for ourselves!
06-24-2018 05:59 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 514
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar BackgroundThommy H 06-30-2018

Still reading through all the new stuff - so far I've found one mention of Chaos Dwarfs in the Core Book:

Page 40, in reference to the conquest of Aqshy by Khornate forces:

"Grand engines of destruction and skull-lined fortifications were raised upon the sites of shattered temples by corrupted, metal-masked duardin and the human work-gangs that toiled beneath their whips."

Anyway, it's now canon that Chaos Dwarfs built the Chaos Dreadholds, basically!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

This post was last modified: 06-30-2018 08:23 AM by Thommy H.

06-30-2018 08:17 AM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar BackgroundgIL^ 06-30-2018

Thommy H Wrote:
Still reading through all the new stuff - so far I've found one mention of Chaos Dwarfs in the Core Book:

Page 40, in reference to the conquest of Aqshy by Khornate forces:

"Grand engines of destruction and skull-lined fortifications were raised upon the sites of shattered temples by corrupted, metal-masked duardin and the human work-gangs that toiled beneath their whips."

Anyway, it's now canon that Chaos Dwarfs built the Chaos Dreadholds, basically!

oo thats really cool!

06-30-2018 02:55 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 45
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar BackgroundDînadan 06-30-2018

Just updated the AoS app, and unless I’m going blind I can’t see any of the LoA or MA stuff on there now.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-30-2018 04:39 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 514
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar BackgroundThommy H 06-30-2018

No, they don't seem to have put them up in the new format. There are quite a few other things missing too - the Stormcast are missing a few named heroes, but I suppose they're holding off until next week when the battletome comes out, since their rules are likely to change with the new Stormhost keywords and such.

People have complained already though, and they're generally pretty good about updating it so just give it a few days.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

06-30-2018 07:43 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 45
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar BackgroundDînadan 06-30-2018

Nighthaunt are also missing stuff; as you say about Stormcast, I believe they’re waiting for the Battletome to come out on general sale next week before the remainder are added.

There’s also a few errors in some of the warscrolls on the app apparently; the one I’ve heard about (and checked myself after I heard of it) is one of the Ogre units which has been given a 20” range on their melee weapon.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-30-2018 08:29 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [AoS] Zharr Goroth in Age of Sigmar Doombeard 4 1,640 02-03-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: Doombeard
  ET: Thanquol Spoilers inside! Speculation on the Dawi Zharr future? Veshnakar 33 8,221 01-18-2015 04:52 AM
Last Post: tjub
  State of the Dawi'Zharr Ancient History 5 2,573 03-25-2012 06:35 AM
Last Post: Baggronor
  So begins my Dawi Zharr anew, Veshnakar 2 1,534 08-08-2011 11:33 AM
Last Post: Bolg
  Reconsidering a Dawi Zharr army lordmetroid 3 1,760 06-12-2010 01:17 AM
Last Post: Abecedar

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites