Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Penguin's Desert Dwarfs
Author MessageThe Penguin's Desert Dwarfs
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1349
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Penguin's Desert Dwarfstjub 06-18-2018

I play 15mm KoW with a friend, so I guess we have our own meta. But Ive found berserkers/slayers to be a pain. Sure they more or less always die, but they will cut straight through whatever I put them up against. And as long as they are behind a unit or atleast have something else beside them that I need to deal with they will last.
But sure, maybe not the best unit. Im sure they are useful though, atleast on our battlefields. Happy

06-18-2018 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 187

RE: The Penguin's Desert DwarfsThe_Penguin 06-21-2018

I shall make sure to use them more often. I guess I will find the key to using them properly! Happy

And another journey to Golden Sands Desert awaits.....

Desert Bulltaurs

Barbaric nomadic tribes of bulltaurs have been roaming the endless desert for centuries long before the dawi or elves, or humans settled here. When the dawi first erected their ziggurats and palaces the bulltaurs, who were originally hostile to the settlers, were amazed by the beauty and grandeur of the architecture. However when they saw reliefs and statues of lamassu which dwarfs used frequently in their style they saw it as a divine sign. Lamassu were on one hand like the bulltaus, but had wings and were extremely handsome (by their standards). As a result bulltaurs see lamassu akin to how humans see angels: perfect divine beings that deserve adoration and worship. Unlike angels, no one saw a real lamassu, however. Even the oldest and the most learnt dwarfs can't say where this image came from. Perhaps they are extinct or never even existed?

Have you seen a lamassu, perhaps? Takes Hat off

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"

Golden Sands Desert Dwarfs

This post was last modified: 06-21-2018 01:37 PM by The_Penguin.

06-21-2018 01:36 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 262
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Penguin's Desert DwarfsAdmiral 06-21-2018

You've mastered the art of army painting. Great results! I particularly like to see the reliefs on the Bull Centaur armour stand out well in silver on dark bronze background. Your paintjob showcase all the various details on the miniatures well. And indeed, the Lamassu is a mythic creature. I've never seen it in my own army. Tongue

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Deadline 6th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
06-21-2018 08:39 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1459
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Penguin's Desert DwarfsAbecedar 06-21-2018

I love how youv'e done them

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-21-2018 11:17 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 206
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: The Penguin's Desert DwarfsCarcearion Yesterday

I really love your army, the dark bronze and overall earth and sepia tones are always my favorite kind of color schemes and very convincing baseing to boot! Really excellent execution all around!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
Yesterday 11:05 PM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites