Author MessageAoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-Thread
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 55

RE: AoS: Forbidden Power tease Zharr Vyxa?Jasko 05-14-2019

Thommy H Wrote:
Just checked the map of Shyish in the Core Book and Stygxx, where the storyline for Forbidden Power takes place (home to Lake Lethis) is actually near Zharr Vyxa! I doubt it'll come to anything, but the lore does involve Grugni (he appears in the dramatis personae section, shown in one of the previews) and the Fyreslayer battletome has a bit about him supposedly having returned and rumours of his plans to reunify the duardin.

So, if he's around and there are "twisted duardin" close by...you never know!

I like everything about this.

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
05-14-2019 06:19 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: AoS: Forbidden Power tease Zharr Vyxa?tjub 05-15-2019

Nicodemus Wrote:
Hmm. Probably not, knowing how these things go.  If it is I'll eat my hat!  Takes Hat off

Haha, I know. Its probably just a far fetched idea... But none the less, its that what's made this community form the start. Hopes and dreams! And maybe, just maybe what if? Regarding the hat eating, I do hope we are talking about a classic old school Chaos Dwarf big hat!? Cheers!Takes Hat off

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

05-15-2019 12:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: AoS: Forbidden Power tease Zharr Vyxa?tjub 05-15-2019

Thommy H Wrote:
Just checked the map of Shyish in the Core Book and Stygxx, where the storyline for Forbidden Power takes place (home to Lake Lethis) is actually near Zharr Vyxa! I doubt it'll come to anything, but the lore does involve Grugni (he appears in the dramatis personae section, shown in one of the previews) and the Fyreslayer battletome has a bit about him supposedly having returned and rumours of his plans to reunify the duardin.

So, if he's around and there are "twisted duardin" close by...you never know!

Ah, thanks Tommy. You are sold, bringing some actual facts and not just guessing from a picture. Cheers!

Now, how would nautical Chaos Dwarfs living in Shyish, the Realm of Death, be?

This post was last modified: 05-15-2019 12:46 AM by tjub.

05-15-2019 12:44 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
The Iron Promise [AoS]Admiral 08-01-2019

The Iron Promise

A Warcry story by Josh Reynolds. It would seem our dirty weapon deals are hale and healthy in Age of Sigmar. Thanks to tjub for spotting this! Happy

New named twisted duardin: Khoragh Ar-Nardras Has'ut

Black Library Wrote:
In the space between the Mortal Realms sits the Eightpoints, a great confluence of realmgates linking all the lands that should belong to Chaos. Around it is the Bloodwind Spoil, and here, the tribes dedicated to the Dark Gods fight to prove themselves to the Everchosen. For Vos Stalis and his Iron Golems, their goal is to reach the forge-fortress of the tainted duardin Khoragh Ar-Nardras Has’ut and discover why their shipments of arms and armour have stopped. But nothing is as it seems in the spoil, and danger awaits…

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 08-01-2019 02:21 AM by Admiral.

08-01-2019 02:17 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: The Iron Promise [AoS]tjub 08-01-2019

There is still hope... Happy
The last name of the duardin was a bit odd though.

08-01-2019 02:53 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: The Iron Promise [AoS]Jasko 08-01-2019

tjub Wrote:
There is still hope... Happy
The last name of the duardin was a bit odd though.

Has'ut? Hmmmm, where have I heard that before...

08-01-2019 04:09 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The Iron Promise [AoS]Xander 08-01-2019

Twisted Duardin or Tainted Duardin? Hrm.

Neat stuff. The Mortal Realms do seem to be more hospitable to Chaos Dwarfs in the sense that they can live pretty much anywhere and aren't related to only one spot like in the Darklands of the old world.

WarCry has me very intrigued. It's really a cool new direction for Warhammer, miniature wise. Even Shadespire has some interesting minis on the horizon.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
08-01-2019 06:06 PM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: Warcry!Jasko 10-24-2019

And we have the next evil dwarf for Warcry! Not exactly old school Chaos Dwarf aesthetics, but it’s a dwarf and be is evil, that is all I need to know.

10-24-2019 04:41 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Warcry!Dînadan 10-24-2019

Actually that is Old School aesthetic - Old Old School to be precise.  Would fit in with 3rd ed CDs.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

10-24-2019 05:42 AM
Moloch
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 37

RE: Warcry!Moloch 10-24-2019

That looks great!
The Iron Golems Armator looks a little bit close to the Hellcannon crew while here, as Dinadan stated, it's inspired by the 3rd edition style.

Somebody at GW must have had a look around the web to realize how popular CDs still are and realized that such warband is easilly sellable to our niche community.

10-24-2019 06:13 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Dînadan Wrote:
Actually that is Old School aesthetic - Old Old School to be precise.  Would fit in with 3rd ed CDs.

True, I always forget the 3rd edition style, I started a little later. Even better then!

10-24-2019 06:24 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Moloch Wrote:
That looks great!
The Iron Golems Armator looks a little bit close to the Hellcannon crew while here, as Dinadan stated, it's inspired by the 3rd edition style.

Somebody at GW must have had a look around the web to realize how popular CDs still are and realized that such warband is easilly sellable to our niche community.

How I wish GW would fully embrace it and make an evil dwarf AoS faction! Would be just glorious

10-24-2019 06:25 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-ThreadAdmiral 01-03-2020

Multiple existing threads merged and hijacked for an Age of Sigmar Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-Thread, akin to what we already sport for T9A Infernal Dwarves and KoW Abyssal Dwarves.

These big threads are for the need of Chaos Dwarfs Online to register in the top search results for evil dwarfs in the various new settings. Please keep most new AoS Dawi Zharr/Twisted Duardin discussion to this thread. New AoS Dawi Zharr topics which do not necessarily need a stand-alone thread will be merged with this one.

Cheers

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
01-03-2020 01:53 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 855

RE: Warcry!Ghrask Dragh 01-12-2020

Jasko Wrote:
And we have the next evil dwarf for Warcry! Not exactly old school Chaos Dwarf aesthetics, but it’s a dwarf and be is evil, that is all I need to know.

I'm waiting for this Warband to come out, I'm hoping they do another starter box and Terrain with the 2 last factions, I missed out on the first box not knowing it wasn't going to be around forever (stop doing that GW! or at least tell us when your going to) so I've got my fingers crossed there will be second

2 new plastic Chaos Dwarfs from GW directly is nothing but good no matter what else comes of it, here's hoping there's a lot more to come from it

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
01-12-2020 01:01 PM
Okami
Slave

Slaves: 1

RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-ThreadOkami 01-19-2020

The new "Spire Tyrants" warband includes a "Frenzied Rager" - the footnote confirms that's a "Chaos Duardin"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020...dle-earth/

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-19-2020 08:03 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-ThreadAbecedar 01-19-2020

I wants him but does he come singly or in a boxed set?

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-19-2020 11:32 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-Threadtjub 01-20-2020

Abecedar Wrote:
I wants him but does he come singly or in a boxed set?

All the WarCry stuff is in "warband boxes", unless bigger models.

01-20-2020 01:17 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-ThreadAdmiral 02-05-2020

Hehe, that sure is a warband problem for us. But you can use the rest as slaves, Abe. Big Grin

A friend of mine sent this snippet from a Chaos warrior tome. Note the Furnace Kings of Azgorh bequeathing a suit of rune-marked iron to some Champions of Chaos stepping upon the Path to Glory. Much familiar from WHFB as well: We remain the Blacksmiths of Chaos, as is the Order of Things.

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 02-05-2020 06:24 PM by Admiral.

02-05-2020 06:23 PM
gsteelwraith
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 9

RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-Threadgsteelwraith 02-07-2020

The reference to the Furnace Lords is on page eight of the new Slaves to Darkness battletome. Yes, we are the blacksmiths of Chaos, then, now and always shall be, as is right and proper.

02-07-2020 10:35 PM
FFJump
Slave

Slaves: 7

RE: AoS Dawi Zharr & Twisted Duardin Mega-ThreadFFJump 02-13-2020

Admiral Wrote:
Hehe, that sure is a warband problem for us. But you can use the rest as slaves, Abe. Big Grin

A friend of mine sent this snippet from a Chaos warrior tome. Note the Furnace Kings of Azgorh bequeathing a suit of rune-marked iron to some Champions of Chaos stepping upon the Path to Glory. Much familiar from WHFB as well: We remain the Blacksmiths of Chaos, as is the Order of Things.

That's not the only reference in that tome. Actually, we've gotten quite a bit of references recently! Happy

There's also this nugget on page 22 of the STD tome when its going through the timeline:

In the recent Bonereapers battletome, "infernal duardin" are mentioned several times being in prominent campaigns where Katakros rose to power.

Also, in the White Dwarf a few months ago about the Vostarg Fyreslayers, we have this bit about the sons of the last runefather, Thorgar-Grimnir and also that the Vostarg are planning an assault to take back the Vosforge from the forces of Chaos which is located in the Salamander's Spine mentioned below. Might be a coincidence, but maybe Darz is related to Drazhoath just based on the name similarity?

I don't have it it yet, but apparently in Wrath of the Everchosen, the campaign book that came out last weekend, there's a Chaos Dwarf citadel named Angazkul-Grend that gets completely crushed by Katakros lol.

Very interesting how many references we got in a short period of time to be honest!

This post was last modified: 02-13-2020 02:53 AM by FFJump.

02-13-2020 02:49 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kings of War & Vanguard Abyssal Dwarves Mega-Thread tjub 26 4,229 02-03-2020 06:26 AM
Last Post: tjub
  T9A Infernal Dwarves Mega-Thread tjub 19 4,937 01-12-2020 01:08 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Blood Bowl & Fantasy Football Chaos Dwarf Mega-Thread Admiral 35 4,796 01-03-2020 02:05 PM
Last Post: Admiral
Question Dawi Zharr in Age of Sigmar Admiral 6 1,164 06-30-2018 08:29 PM
Last Post: Dînadan
  [AoS] Cryptic mention in WD 76? Duardin on Lava-Beasts?! Vogon 26 4,960 07-17-2015 04:31 AM
Last Post: Bloodbeard

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites