Post Reply  Post Thread 
New Warscrolls for AoS 2
Author MessageNew Warscrolls for AoS 2
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1405
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
New Warscrolls for AoS 2tjub 06-29-2018

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

06-29-2018 05:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 522
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: New Warscrolls for AoS 2Thommy H 06-29-2018

Beat me to it! Reading now...

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

06-29-2018 05:05 AM
Trayanee
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1

RE: New Warscrolls for AoS 2Trayanee 06-29-2018

It almost feels like a full battletome...just without fluff and pictures. I am super happy about having a useful spell and unique allegiance abilities.

06-29-2018 05:28 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 51
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: New Warscrolls for AoS 2Dînadan 06-29-2018

Pity that Brayherds aren’t listed as allies as Ungor were probably the best count as for Hobgoblins. (Although you can still do it with Narrative and Open Play I believe so it’s still a viable combo for those).

Also, there doesn’t appear to be a Siege Giant in the list, presumably that’s why you can ally with the generic giant.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-29-2018 06:37 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               

The Siege Gargant is in the Monstrous Arcanum PDF - you can ally it in as a MONSTER OF CHAOS.

Slightly disappointing that the allegiance abilities are mostly just the Aqshy Realm of Battle rules, but it's better than nothing! Also, the change of keyword to DAWI ZHARR is interesting - nothing else in the game has it, so why switch from ZHARR GOROTH? Unless there's something coming from the main studio that they want the LoA to be compatible with...

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

This post was last modified: 06-29-2018 07:13 AM by Thommy H.

06-29-2018 07:12 AM
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               

Thanks for the clarification; not up on AoS so didn’t think to look there (had been looking on the AoS app the other day and the SG was in the LoA section so was expecting it to have stayed there). Happy

If your theory is correct, maybe that explains the reason for not being able to ally with Brayherds (other than old fluff not necessarily applying to the new setting) despite them being best to represent hobgoblins - if hobgoblins (assuming they’re still around) are part of the Citadel produced list then there’s no need to provide an option for count as.

06-29-2018 07:34 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

I mean, I doubt it's that deep - hobgoblins aren't there because there's no models for them and Brayherd are hardly natural allies for the LoA. But you never know!

My models:

My rules:

06-29-2018 07:44 AM
Dînadan

We can always dream until something official comes out. Wink

06-29-2018 07:59 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

The Warhammer Community page has an article up about the new compendiums too, with one of the playtesters (Ben Curry - who I think we know) giving a summary of the changes to the LoA: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018...ge-post-1/

My models:

My rules:

06-29-2018 07:59 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 854

RE: New Warscrolls for AoS 2Ghrask Dragh 06-29-2018

I am over the moon we have had an update like this and on the eve of the release of a new version, not as an afterthought months down the line. If any of the GW crew read anything here THANK YOU!!!!!! 

It's nice just to be involved after being so long out in the cold

There is lots I love about this update, the Centaur Battalion is a nice unexpected surprise. For the fluff of it 'marked for death' is so cool, imagine these hulking monsters preparing for battle and singling out a single unit... "they are having it!". It may be a tad expensive but worth a test run or two I reckon

I love the legion abilities, also by the way guys WE HAVE LEGION ABILITIES!! Again very thematic fluff wise, we bring the Dark clouds with us like at the Battle of Minis Tirith in LOTR and I think the ignore first wounds can be an absolute game changer, we always did make the best armour 

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
06-29-2018 02:16 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 203

RE: New Warscrolls for AoS 2Uther the unhinged 06-29-2018

Great to see us back in the game. The key word Dawi Zharr is really interesting. I doubt o hobgob force is coming to join us .....but cd pirates might have the same keyword and be ip right protectable. Lets hope!

06-29-2018 04:32 PM
Khaz'gurad
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 1

RE: New Warscrolls for AoS 2Khaz'gurad 06-29-2018

Uther the unhinged Wrote:
Great to see us back in the game. The key word Dawi Zharr is really interesting. I doubt o hobgob force is coming to join us .....but cd pirates might have the same keyword and be ip right protectable. Lets hope!

Unless Zhar Goroth is going to be the keyword for the Twisted duardin in the main rulebook...

06-29-2018 06:31 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  forgeworld warscrolls are up fued 86 20,410 08-31-2015 06:28 PM
Last Post: moogoodoo
  Are all LoA units getting warscrolls? Novos 46 9,317 07-06-2015 07:22 PM
Last Post: Novos

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites