Author MessageMy 15mm army.
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 43

My 15mm army.Duncan 07-08-2018

Hello,

I don't have an exciting theme or name for my army and I don't know a lot about Chaos Dwarves. I had always wanted a Chaos Dwarf army back when I used to collect Citadel Miniatures back in the 80s and 90s but buying houses and stuff prevented me having the funds. Although I did collect sizeable Man o War fleets!

By the way, I tried to post in the introduction forum to introduce myself but got and error saying I did not have permission to post there?

Anyway, nowadays I mainly collect 15mm scale historical figures. I have always been a modeller rather than a gamer but over the last couple of years I have become involved with a local group who game in 15mm doing a lot of play-testing and general historical games. I enjoy Dark Ages through to the 1700s in the main, but really whatever, I have some Sci-fi and other fantasy stuff on a slow back burner as and when I feel like it. Currently my group is working on pirates having just finished Western.

So seeing the 15mm figures from Admiralty Miniatures I decided to get some and see what I could do. I have to say, I like conversions but I am not the best painter or photographer. It was an ideal opportunity to collect a Chaos Dwarf army at the scale I now use mainly.

So I painted up a couple of units, Hammerers and Blunderbuss dwarfs to start with. Then wanted some artillery but there did not seem to be any. Time for     a conversion. I started with a cannon using the flamer team and a couple of figures from the command team figures. Most of the cannon is scratch built apart from the two rear wheels which I had knocking about.

07-08-2018 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1404
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.tjub 07-08-2018

Thats so cool and a good conversion! Great to see more Tjublings with paint on! Cheers!Takes Hat off
I have plans for warmachines as well, hopefully it won't take too long...

Odd about not being allowed to post all over the forum, might have something to do with "group: chaos star"? Im sure some admin will fix it soon.

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

07-08-2018 09:21 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 60

RE: My 15mm army.boyfights 07-08-2018

Really nice job! I love your bases too, I was really tempted to order some flowers with my basing materials but decided against it at the last second and I'm seriously regretting it, they look great! Think I might grab a few with my next paint order Happy

07-08-2018 06:29 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1496
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: My 15mm army.Abecedar 07-08-2018

"F. F. F. Flowers................"   Burn them.

Oh. and welcome Duncan.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-08-2018 06:36 PM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 206

RE: My 15mm army.Uther the unhinged 07-09-2018

Flowers make perfect sense. After all we are not conquering OUR lands are we. We have to have SOMETHING to trample underfoot and hoof.
Lovely warmachine btw. I love seeing scratch built stuff and it is good.
Don’t worry about the photogtaphy and painting too much , it is still way better than mine and I do 28mm so have no excuse. Welcome aboard

07-09-2018 01:49 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 07-09-2018

Yes, sorry to those who don't like flowers!
I usually do use these on my bases, there is a chap who lives close to me who sells them and does a good deal for hundreds of them. The grasses are available in all different shades and make good base cover. I usually cover my bases in greenstuff to cover and even out the metal bases of the figures.
The bases I use are 3cm square for infantry and 3cm by 4cm for cavalry, then 4cm square for generals and hero's. This is the standard size used by my group of gamers and modellers for the rules we use.
I am not big on huge sculpted bases with trees and walls etc as I think it looks like figures are dragging the stuff around with them and it gets in the way of unit cohesion, but three or four little (more on bigger bases like artillery.) tufts of grass is OK. Just my thoughts on basing.

07-09-2018 02:09 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

tjub Wrote:
Thats so cool and a good conversion! Great to see more Tjublings with paint on! Cheers!Takes Hat off
I have plans for warmachines as well, hopefully it won't take too long...

Odd about not being allowed to post all over the forum, might have something to do with "group: chaos star"? Im sure some admin will fix it soon.

Hello,
Thanks for making these available. The chap at Admiralty Miniatures suggested I do an army post as he said you like to see what people are doing with the figures. I have quite a few conversions to post. I have some halberd dwarfs, hero base and rocket launcher as well as the standard squads.
I am looking forwards to getting some of your little dogs and the bull centaurs and the others all of which look great.
Thanks again for making these.
Duncan.

07-09-2018 02:34 AM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 264

RE: My 15mm army.The_Penguin 07-09-2018

Impressive! Cheers! Looking forward to seeing more!

I have never collected or painted 15mm miniatures, but those tjublings are just outstanding! Perhaps, I'll try some after I complete my main army. ) Happy

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"

Golden Sands Desert Dwarfs
07-09-2018 03:05 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.tjub 07-09-2018

Duncan Wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for making these available. The chap at Admiralty Miniatures suggested I do an army post as he said you like to see what people are doing with the figures. I have quite a few conversions to post. I have some halberd dwarfs, hero base and rocket launcher as well as the standard squads.
I am looking forwards to getting some of your little dogs and the bull centaurs and the others all of which look great.
Thanks again for making these.
Duncan.

Of course, please share your creations!Takes Hat off
I started making "Tjublings" for my own army but seeing other people enjoying them as well just makes me want to keep building the range! Hehe, Ive ideas and concepts for 10+ moulds.

07-09-2018 03:42 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

When I think of Chaos Dwarfs and Dwarfs in general really I think of them with axes and specifically large two handed axes or pole weapons, like halberds, bills or pikes, that sort of thing.

I wanted to add some to my 15mm army and decided to get some figures to make these. So I got hold of some command figures. From there I was able to make some using the standard bearer figure which would be upright and some front rank ones from the command figure with the halberd slightly lowered.

Using the standard bearer was a simple conversion, just adding a blade type of thing to the pole. I did shorten the pole slightly as well as it looked a little long to wield successfully for a short figure. The Commander conversion required slightly more as I had to sculpt a hand from green stuff which I confess to not being very good at. But anyway here they are.

I have to  paint the front rank ones now and after this buy some more HQ packs to make more of them. (What to do with all those drummers?)

By the way, here is another shot of the cannon showing the other side and a general overview of it.

07-09-2018 07:18 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: My 15mm army.Abecedar 07-09-2018

Duncan Wrote:
Yes, sorry to those who don't like flowers!
I usually do use these on my bases, there is a chap who lives close to me who sells them and does a good deal for hundreds of them. The grasses are available in all different shades and make good base cover. I usually cover my bases in greenstuff to cover and even out the metal bases of the figures.
The bases I use are 3cm square for infantry and 3cm by 4cm for cavalry, then 4cm square for generals and hero's. This is the standard size used by my group of gamers and modellers for the rules we use.
I am not big on huge sculpted bases with trees and walls etc as I think it looks like figures are dragging the stuff around with them and it gets in the way of unit cohesion, but three or four little (more on bigger bases like artillery.) tufts of grass is OK. Just my thoughts on basing.

Keeping the amount of Flower ( Elf ) Power down to negligible levels is my job.

Use what you can especially if its good cost wise.  Lots of things may seem odd but really may work well.
I've remember seeing one blogger somewhere use an italian spice mix to simulate forest floor sort of look or something.
And it made his models smell good as a side effect.

If your force has a green alive scheme it just means they are in the forefront of the conquest of the outside and should be praised

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-09-2018 07:38 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: My 15mm army.tjub 07-11-2018

@Ducun: Cool, they look great! Haha, no idea about the drummers though... Maybe go the rout of 16th-17th warfare, if Im not mistaken they used to have drummers on the flanks of the units?
Ive got koncepts for spearmen, in a similar way with 3 ranks. More or less like classic pikemen poses. Lowered, 45 degrees and raised etc. Time will tell. Happy

07-11-2018 05:45 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 07-11-2018

tjub Wrote:
@Ducun: Cool, they look great! Haha, no idea about the drummers though... Maybe go the rout of 16th-17th warfare, if Im not mistaken they used to have drummers on the flanks of the units?
Ive got koncepts for spearmen, in a similar way with 3 ranks. More or less like classic pikemen poses. Lowered, 45 degrees and raised etc. Time will tell. Happy

Hello,

I will be pleased to see them. Looking forwards to what is to come. I am considering away to turn one or two into horn players similar to the skull mask ones but with hats instead. I would also like to have an instrument that is not traditional dwarf but have not decided what? Maybe a harp?

07-11-2018 02:03 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 284
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.Admiral 07-11-2018

Great shape on the halberds, and ranked poses, Duncan. Also, excellent attention to detail on your artillery conversion in such a small scale! Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXI - Deadline 16th of November ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
07-11-2018 05:01 PM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 07-12-2018

The next thing I am working on is a rocket launcher. I have not quite got around to finishing it yet, but will post pictures when I have. Right now I am making some pirate ships for my clubs rules, so time is short, not enough hours in the day. But I have made the components, I just need to get it all based up and painted.

Since starting it I have of course seen the proper Tjublings rocket dwarfs that we hopefully will be able to get soon. (Hopefully?) I am looking forwards to including some of them as well in my army. But as you can see this one is an actual launcher.

By the way the Dwarfs holding the rockets are converted from some of those spare drummers I have sitting about.

07-12-2018 04:26 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: My 15mm army.Abecedar 07-12-2018

Will like to see the pirate ships too.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-12-2018 05:49 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 07-12-2018

Abecedar Wrote:
Will like to see the pirate ships too.

Whilst I do have some Manowar sort of size ships for Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs and Orks  the ships I am doing now are nothing to do with fantasy gaming.

We are (as a group) rewriting the 'Pieces of Eight's rules from Peter Pig which is notionally set to 1/450th scale and from the 1600 to be 1800 kind of era.

Martin from Peter Pig has put a couple of pictures on his company website and written a bit on the RFCM (Rules for the common man.) Forum we use to discuss rule and model ideas.

http://rulesforcommonman.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1239.0

Hope you can see? I did link my blog to that site as well, I hope it was OK? I am trying to get them interested in Chaos Dwarfs!

07-12-2018 01:27 PM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 07-15-2018

OK this is a champion that I made. Not much of a conversion I know, just a hat emblem, horns etc and a billowing cape.

I said I don't like big scenic items on a base and generally that is true, but I have mounted him on a slightly raised lumps of land to give him some height over the others. He also has a personal drummer to beat out a suitably commanding ditty. (And it uses up the spare drummers.)

Note this is not my commander, I have done a command squad for them, this chappy is just a hero/champion.

07-15-2018 10:14 AM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 206

RE: My 15mm army.Uther the unhinged 07-15-2018

Cool commander/hero cool rockets. I am full of amazement at you guys who work so small. Great base too. Trample those flowers in your glory!

07-15-2018 10:58 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: My 15mm army.tjub 07-15-2018

@Duncan: Cool, looks great! Good use of the drummer as well. Fits perfect with him drumming out different orders etc!

07-15-2018 01:29 PM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Florian‘s attempts of creating a Chaos Dwarf Army (in 15mm) Sagon of Akkad 41 1,161 05-11-2018 08:07 AM
Last Post: boyfights

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites