Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »
My 15mm army.
Author MessageMy 15mm army.
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1408
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.tjub 11-17-2018

Great work on the flying carpet cav! And cool concept of a elite force crashing in from above. Happy
You will have an Tjubling flying corps before I have two units for my own army, haha!

Plan is to have some monsters out for next year, so hopefully you'll be able to add "red leader" as well.

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

11-17-2018 04:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 46

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 12-13-2018

I have not posted anything for a while now, but that does not mean I have not been doing anything. I have been painting up regiments of goblins to have an opponent army for the Tjublings, other than my medieval humans. I now have about eight goblin regiments so that makes a nice core army.

On top of that though i have been painting some bits and bobs.

I have made an armoured bull centaur sorcerer. To do this I have used a Tjubling sorcerer from the charactdr set, the one from the steam chair and an armoured bull from the Ral Partha 15mm fantasy range. It was simple to cut the bottom off the sorcerer and the head off the bull, then glue and green stuff them together.        

Then I had enough spare Tjublings to make another base for my flail/mace squad. This is a slow build squad as i do not have many spare ones. But here it is.

Then i have finished the Tjubing hot air balloon. This is a large model over 26cm tall and 15cm long, It has taken an age but has turned out a lot better than I thought. If anything though i think the balloon should be a bit more inflated.                    

12-13-2018 05:44 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 702
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.Admiral 12-13-2018

Fantastic! Seamless centaur kataphrakt conversion, and one hell of an airship! Magnificient build and appropriate paintob, too! I really like all the various details you have packed into it, with the big face ornament being the icing on the cake!

Great work, Duncan. Cheers!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVI - Deadline 19th of January ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
12-13-2018 05:49 PM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 223

RE: My 15mm army.Uther the unhinged 12-14-2018

How cool is that airship. Fantatsic imagination and execution. Clearly there is nothing their larger brethren can do that Tjublings can not.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
12-14-2018 03:27 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Slaves: 661
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: My 15mm army.Fuggit Khan 12-14-2018

That's a lovely airship!
As the old saying goes: "Good things come in small packages"
Happy

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
12-14-2018 09:51 PM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 01-12-2019

Currently I am painting a large unit of blu derbus Tjublings, but also have some other items.

The Tjublings are being visited by so e cousins. These are using the 15mm hats but on dwarves from the Mknibits range. They are ideal as the helms they come with are pretty flat topped. I will paint them over the next week or so.    

I have also constructed two small 'gun' stem engines. Although they have tow hooks they are not really for towing stuff about the battlefield. They could tow small cannons or wagons into place then go their own way. They have a cannon mounted at the front. They are both the same, constructed from my bits box. The only things i bought specifically for them were the road wheels, which are from the Ral Partha Blight-haven accessories range. Oh and of course the Tjublings for the crew. These steam engines are about half the size of the big one that pulls the War Altar.

01-12-2019 09:42 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.Admiral 01-12-2019

They are wonderful, Duncan! You're a true Tjubling maniac. This is glorious to behold. Love the steam engines. Big Grin

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-12-2019 10:31 AM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 223

RE: My 15mm army.Uther the unhinged 01-13-2019

Fantastic steam cannon/engines. I hope we will see an army photo soon.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
01-13-2019 02:45 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1408
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: My 15mm army.tjub 01-13-2019

Cleaver design on those steam engines! And good use of the hats as well, hope you find them useful since they were your idea. Happy
Seeing the Tjublings used in your creations/conversions warms my heart.

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

01-13-2019 03:57 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 01-13-2019

tjub Wrote:
Cleaver design on those steam engines! And good use of the hats as well, hope you find them useful since they were your idea. Happy
Seeing the Tjublings used in your creations/conversions warms my heart.

Well I have just ordered some more to make up a full sized squad of thirty. Glad you liked them though.

Just a thought about future Tjublings. Would it be possible to make a couple of cupola Tjublings that could be used in hatches, turrets etc? It would save potentially having to saw them i  half. I am not sure if this could be  combined with a  Bull Centaur type or other creature body which could be sold seperate. Like choose a body, then choose a head and torso?

This post was last modified: 01-13-2019 07:09 AM by Duncan.

01-13-2019 07:07 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: My 15mm army.Admiral 01-13-2019

We actually have excess upper body Tjubbutaur bits left over (uneven casting results). I'll put them up on Etsy later today.

01-13-2019 10:21 AM
Duncan
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: My 15mm army.Duncan 01-13-2019

Admiral Wrote:
We actually have excess upper body Tjubbutaur bits left over (uneven casting results). I'll put them up on Etsy later today.

If I had known I would have ordered a few. Maybe next time.

01-13-2019 01:43 PM
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Florian‘s attempts of creating a Chaos Dwarf Army (in 15mm) Sagon of Akkad 41 1,457 05-11-2018 08:07 AM
Last Post: boyfights

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites