Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Make Zharr-Naggrund Great Again
Author MessageMake Zharr-Naggrund Great Again
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1392
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainZanko 04-06-2019

I would love to help, but I have a 50 to 60 hour job and no technical qualities at all. I like to continue donating prizes and can take on simple tasks, but unfortunately nothing more. Sadly, I just don't have the time. Sad

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

04-06-2019 06:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-06-2019

Your contest donations and link compilation work are of great help already, Zanko! Thanks a lot for being such a pillar of the community. Happy

Most understandable as to time restraints!

Also, all manner of new content creations are likewise most valuable for the site. New rules, campaign packs, background, artworks - you name it, for whatever setting or wargame.

So if anyone have got some ideas floating around, then be more than welcome to spill them out here. Takes Hat off

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-06-2019 05:29 PM by Admiral.

04-06-2019 07:19 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great Againtjub 04-07-2019

Im pretty much on the same level as you guys regarding technical qualities Im afraid.

Working on some content towards Kings of War, Vanguard, 15mm scaled Hobby stuff.

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

04-07-2019 03:11 AM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 672
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainUther the unhinged 04-07-2019

Sadly just the wrong side of 50 to have any technical skill (CDO IS my social media presence) and my organisational skills are infamous at work. We need beardlings really.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
04-07-2019 04:45 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainZanko 04-07-2019

Uther the unhinged Wrote:
We need beardlings really.

Admiral and Tjub are our beardlings! Tongue

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

04-07-2019 05:41 AM
Jaroloth
Slave

Slaves: 18

RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainJaroloth 04-09-2019

Hello,

I just stumbled upon this page due to being linked here from a comment in the azgorh facebook group page I also enjoy the 'atmosphere' of the forums.  My occupation is an application developer but during college I took web development and web design and it wouldn't take me much to dust off cob webs so speak and edit the html code here and there and perhaps javascript if this site is structured as such.  Some web hosting services are easier to customize in regards to both front end and back-end code than others.

I will admit I do get very busy with work and life at times as I'm sure many of you do but I would be open to taking a look "under the hood" here to help grow this community.  

I'm just now starting this faction but I can already tell the community surrounding it is special.  It reminds me of the good things about the seraphon(lizardmen) community.

Feel free to message me or email me at:  codyj1989@hotmail.com

Have a great day/night everyone!

04-09-2019 12:10 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-09-2019

Thanks a lot for the offer, Jaroloth! We'll note it down, talk it over (not lest the tech-bits) and get back to you in due time. In the meanwhile, please feel at home here, and show us your minis. Wink

Yes, the Seraphon/Lizardmen community is a good comparison. Creative hobby hubs both.

Cheers!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-09-2019 03:13 AM by Admiral.

04-09-2019 03:13 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-10-2019

As per cornixt's proposal in Staff, we'll transfer all the front page resources into pinned and locked threads that can be kept updated continuously with ease. Stopgap measures have become permanent, so let's do like the Roman army of late antiquity did and adapt gear to more rustic conditions to better meet the demands of our time with scantier resources than we once had.

We can archive the front page resources on the front page as well as per tjub's suggestion: Both for back-up, and for future possibilities of revived front page galleries.

So in the meanwhile we'll run with sticky threads. Do you have any wishes for where the different front page resources should be placed on the forum?

We're mainly concerned with Site, although ideas for Gallery and Conversions under Forum are also welcome: Should they be archived as well, and perhaps appended to the big image salvage thread from 2017 on the forum?

Or should we seek to revive them with new conversions and logs?

I'm thinking both of Xander's Hobby Guide articles could be transfered as sticky threads to the Tutorials subsection.

Where should Golden Hat be moved to? Perhaps Introductions and CDO Information as a way of keeping our shop front stuffed with goodies?

I'll also take the chance to upload all Artisan's Contest gold winners into their own sticky thread, and do likewise for Scribe's Contest (SC hall of fame at last, muahahaha!). Please tell if you want them somewhere else than Introductions and CDO Information.

Should Word of Hashut/Online Magazine go to Introductions and CDO Information as well? With (2008-2012) as a caveat in the title until we get new Word of Hashut issues produced.

As to Fan-Made Army Lists: Where to? Introductions & CDO Information, or Rules Development?

Should as much as possible be carried over to Introductions and CDO Information? Including the Hobby Guides?

Input wanted, folks! Where do you want it all?

The end result will be less glorious than a maintained polished front page, but it will also be a lot easier to maintain and hopefully much more glorious than an unmaintained front page. Adapt and do the best with the situation for the time being, and maybe raise ambitions again in the future whenever we get new Staff with knowhow who wish to take it up a notch. Happy

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 04-10-2019 09:21 AM by Admiral.

04-10-2019 09:11 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Make Zharr Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-28-2019

The overhaul involving a slow transfer of front page material to sticky threads on the forum has begun with Chaos Dwarfs Through the Ages placed in CDO Information.

Next step will likely be to set up one sticky thread each for Golden Hat, Artisan's Contest and Scribe's Contest. When checking the old untended Golden Hat compilation from the front page, I noticed that the compilation included all entries from each contest.

How would you like to see the sticky thread contest compilations to look like?

Hall of fame with Gold-Silver-Bronze entries only, or featuring all entries from each contest?

Each contest in the sticky threads will of course have a link to the voting thread in question, so it will still be easy to check the rest of the entries through the contest "library" so to say, even for a Hall of Fame setup.

Going into this planned endeavour, my plan was to run limited Hall of Fame threads for the contest winners (linking to each contest as mentioned), but should we include all entries instead like we've done on the front page all along?

Your call: This is all done for your sake.

How would you like the contest summaries to look like now that they will be featured in one single thread each?

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 04-28-2019 02:19 PM by Admiral.

04-28-2019 02:14 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great Againtjub 04-28-2019

Regarding GH, all of them with the winners most visible. Maybe 1,2,3 => rest.

04-28-2019 11:59 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-29-2019

As we currently do on the front page, then. All included.

How about Artisan's Contest? Same there? And Scribe's?

We can by the way make new front page entries when all of this is finished. Archive the old ones as you proposed, tjub, and then install new links leading to all the new pinned threads.

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 04:34 AM by Admiral.

04-29-2019 04:33 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 55

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great AgainJasko 04-29-2019

Admiral Wrote:
As we currently do on the front page, then. All included.

How about Artisan's Contest? Same there? And Scribe's?

We can by the way make new front page entries when all of this is finished. Archive the old ones as you proposed, tjub, and then install new links leading to all the new pinned threads.

Generally I would vote to do it similar there, include as much as possible.
But I guess it would be a lot of work on your part, can I halp you there in any way?

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress

This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 06:14 AM by Jasko.

04-29-2019 06:13 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great Againcornixt 04-29-2019

Lowest overhead is this format:

1. Convert a Battle for Skull Pass Dwarf Warrior into a Chaos Dwarf
Announcement - Entrants - Winners
2. Convert a Model to represent Rykarth The Unbreakable
Announcement - Entrants - Winners

Given the number of competitions and entries, including too many pictures per contest will make it pretty overwhelming. Requiring too much preparation also makes it a bigger chore to their already long list of activities for running a contest. Maybe the three winners as thumbnails would be okay.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

04-29-2019 02:46 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-29-2019

Good idea Cornixt! We'll follow that format for the text.

And it is precisely the overwhelming/endless sense I'd like to steer away from with a Hall of Fame approach. We already have Carven Images (CDO 2007-2017) for the overwhelming feel. Wink

So top 3 only could be fine (but I'd like to hear more opinions on this; 3, or all?), with everything else easily reachable through the links. But the winners will not come as thumbnails. That's too much work hassle. [img][/img] is more smooth to implement, and view. Plus many large contest entry images cannot be uploaded as attachments in the first place.

Perhaps we should include all entries, but put the non-winners within [spoiler] brackets? They don't work on CDO's current software, but they will work whenever and if we ever get to update or migrate to a new site. And then all treasures must be easily available to copy over, without losing anything. The more I think about CDO's future needs, the more I think we'd better take this chance to salvage all the entries, in all the contests for ease of potential future migration needs.

We should build not only for the moment here, but for the future. To not lose any real content from our past.

When the time comes, we'll make sure we lose not a single treasure if we need to transfer to a new https site.

Thanks a lot for the offer of help, Jasko! I'll think it over when preparing this. Getting back to you then.

Cheers

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 04-29-2019 03:12 PM by Admiral.

04-29-2019 03:06 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great Againtjub 04-30-2019

I leave that up to you or whoever does the job. More is better, thought remember its a hobby and should be fun. So don't dig too deep, eh?
Anyway, Im sure it will be better than the current state with broken or outdated links. You have done a great job so far Admiral! Happy

04-30-2019 12:16 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 55

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great AgainJasko 04-30-2019

Admiral Wrote:
Good idea Cornixt! We'll follow that format for the text.

And it is precisely the overwhelming/endless sense I'd like to steer away from with a Hall of Fame approach. We already have Carven Images (CDO 2007-2017) for the overwhelming feel. Wink

So top 3 only could be fine (but I'd like to hear more opinions on this; 3, or all?), with everything else easily reachable through the links. But the winners will not come as thumbnails. That's too much work hassle. [img][/img] is more smooth to implement, and view. Plus many large contest entry images cannot be uploaded as attachments in the first place.

Perhaps we should include all entries, but put the non-winners within [spoiler] brackets? They don't work on CDO's current software, but they will work whenever and if we ever get to update or migrate to a new site. And then all treasures must be easily available to copy over, without losing anything. The more I think about CDO's future needs, the more I think we'd better take this chance to salvage all the entries, in all the contests for ease of potential future migration needs.

We should build not only for the moment here, but for the future. To not lose any real content from our past.

When the time comes, we'll make sure we lose not a single treasure if we need to transfer to a new https site.

Thanks a lot for the offer of help, Jasko! I'll think it over when preparing this. Getting back to you then.

Cheers

Ah yes, well being prepared for a potential Day X when all this content has to be moved is definitely a good motivation. And them I'd agree with you, if work anyway has to be done to recover old content now, then it should be done completely and in a way that such a move happens without loss of anything.
And you're welcome, make sure to recruit helping hands once the work commences Takes Hat off You know, the Chaos Dwarf way Hashut!

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
04-30-2019 04:52 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great Againcornixt 04-30-2019

I used the existing Golden Hat page to create this thread:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17860

Still needs ten more added on.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

04-30-2019 01:51 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great AgainAdmiral 04-30-2019

Great work cornixt! This will help, solid start. Takes Hat off

I'll call you in when it all starts, Jasko. Just pondering standard formats and filing stuff. Wink

Cheers!

Etsy shop

This post was last modified: 05-01-2019 03:25 AM by Admiral.

04-30-2019 02:24 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great Againtjub 05-01-2019

cornixt: Looks great so far!

05-01-2019 03:03 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: Make Zharr-Naggrund Great AgainZanko 05-01-2019

Great work Cornixt! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

05-01-2019 03:49 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Chaos Dwarfs of Zharr Naggrund - Steel, Slaves and Sorcery (Lorehammer L. video) Admiral 1 613 07-12-2018 06:24 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Zharr Naggrund is Hashut Grimstonefire 8 1,787 04-14-2016 07:15 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  This would make a great K'daii wallacer 5 1,727 03-26-2015 11:08 PM
Last Post: Vex
  Developing background on the BB team Zharr-Naggrund Juggernauts Red Skullz 3 1,821 03-26-2010 04:34 PM
Last Post: Red Skullz
  Zharr Naggrund besieged? Grimstonefire 48 12,449 12-06-2009 08:25 AM
Last Post: Kera foehunter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites