Post Reply  Post Thread 
Artisan's Contest  XXV
Author MessageArtisan's Contest  XXV
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 697
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
Artisan's Contest  XXVAdmiral 07-24-2018

"Break out the whip!"

Zanko Presents: Artisan's Contest XXV!

Slave Flesh

The goal here is to make some slaves for your Chaos Dwarf collection! People can enter with any number of slave models, but note that ordinary Hobgoblins do not count as slaves for the purposes of this contest (they're rather a privileged middlemen slave caste). Slaves can come in virtually any shape and size, be it Gnoblar, Goblins, Orcs, Manlings, Ogres, Giants, bound Asscannons or weirder still: They can be gladiatorial fighters, labourers, sacrificial victims, cannon fodder, sentient beasts of burden, unwilling mutilated body part donators locked up in a Daemonsmith's cage like a bird with clipped wings (a fate especially prone for Elves, due to their flesh's value as alchemical ingredients, see Tamurkhan), or something else entirely. Likewise, you are welcome to include slavedrivers (whether Chaos Dwarf or Hobgoblin, or something else) to keep your slaves attentive.

You are welcome to make a diorama out of your entry, if you wish, e.g. having a monstrous slave or a whole gang of lesser slaves hauling bagage or towing a war machine; or toiling in a mine; or hard at working digging out in the field; or being blasted apart, drowned or crushed in an industrial accident;  or having dozens of slaves carry an oversized throne for a Chaos Dwarf overlord during a parade; or having slaves thrown into molten metal or scorched upon a fire altar; or having living slaves disembowelled for scrying in their intestines; or polishing their master's  vaunted big hat; or rising in revolt against their oppressors; or being auctioned off at the slave market; or sitting in cramped cages or chained up in tight slave barracks; or something else entirely. The sky is the limit!

The CDO Staff won't be picky with what entries are accepted. Instead we expect voters to reward those entries which play to the spirit of the contest theme, as is usually the case.

Still, if you are unsure whether your entry will meet the requirements please PM Admiral.

Prizes

Zanko will reward the gold a kit of resin Goblin Wolfriders from the Russian Alternative!

While the silver winner will carry home a kit of 4 Deathspitter Blunderbusses of Ancient Times, sculpted by Jon Horsleben:

The bronze winner will get a little kit of 2 Tjubling Blunderbuss Extras, courtesy of Tjub:

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is September 4th 2018 at 11:59pm EST.

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Model and paint slave models.

Bases or no bases are up to you.

Submissions should include up to four pictures. No overlaid words of explanation or photoshop effects in your submitted photos please.

You may not submit pictures of a model that have been entered into other online competitions or posted in a finished state before.

Don't post your entries in the forum before the contest is over.

See also the General Rules & Guidelines.

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by sending a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with four photos of your entry. Please do not send an e-mail to any of the admin or staff accounts as this is a sure fire way to have your entry missed.

Please note that your entry will benefit if the photos are all clearly composed, since voters will base their judgement upon what they can see in the pictures on their computer screens.

How will this be judged?

Sometime after the due date we will post all entries to a new thread and voting can commence!

Good luck everyone!
The Staff

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 07-24-2018 05:34 AM by Admiral.

07-24-2018 04:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Will Liam
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 319
Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVWill Liam 07-24-2018

Ive got an idea of what I want to paint already so will be able to get straight on with it with out having to think it through too much Happy

Don't ever chase what they are never going to give you!!

Will Liam - finished Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblins
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16923
07-24-2018 04:54 AM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 256

RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVThe_Penguin 07-24-2018

Now that is the contest I should definitely take part in! Cheers!
Love the theme. I shall send my desert dwarfs to find some proper slaves! Takes Hat off

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"

Golden Sands Desert Dwarfs
07-24-2018 07:44 AM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 181

RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVUther the unhinged 07-24-2018

Hashuts’ log : Realmdate 2472018
Our mission:
To seek out new lands, new culture, new peoples. To boldly enslave what no dawi zharr has enslaved before!

07-24-2018 07:50 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 307
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVKamphre 07-24-2018

I missed the previous Golden Hat, I'll definitively enter this one !

07-24-2018 03:44 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 127
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVZanthrax 07-27-2018

Awesome awesome awesome e

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com.au/201...hat-chaos​
07-27-2018 12:00 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1231
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVZanko 08-04-2018

Since I cut off the fingertip of my right index finger today, I am not sure how my AC entry will continue ... Sad

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-04-2018 05:52 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 697
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVAdmiral 08-04-2018

Zanko Wrote:
Since I cut off the fingertip of my right index finger today, I am not sure how my AC entry will continue ... Sad

Hashut!

Ouch! Were the doctors able to fix it back on? Shock

Tip in case anyone else suffers this: Store the finger or fingertip in your mouth, and get to a hospital at once. The saliva in your mouth is antibacterial (hence our reflex to suck on fresh wounds). An officer in the army did this for a conscript who lost a finger, witnessed by a work mate of mine.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 08-04-2018 06:03 PM by Admiral.

08-04-2018 05:57 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVZanko 08-05-2018

I was probably a little too unclear in the description, it is "only" a piece of the fingertip cut off (not the complete!). It hinders at the moment with painting and handicrafts and it hurts a little ... Mad

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

08-05-2018 01:05 AM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVUther the unhinged 08-05-2018

@Zanko.....Owww that still hurts even if it is a little piece. Hope you get better soon. Hashut and we need you. Good luck.

08-05-2018 08:23 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1476
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVAbecedar 08-07-2018

I still have all 8 fingers and two thumbs.  I like to round the percentages up.

finally getting some traction with this one,  Not much but some suitable models and no ideas yet

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-07-2018 01:35 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVZanko 08-07-2018

Fortunately I have already been able to paint some things, only the planned diorama will probably become nothing more ... Angry

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

08-07-2018 12:17 PM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVUther the unhinged 08-08-2018

I will soon have to take the Zharrlings to see their aged relatives in the South (the sorcerors curse restricts their mobility). Therefore I must finish the slave project early. Fortunately Igor tells me that the slaves have been purchased and whipped into shape (who says hobgoblins have no sense of humour). They now await my approval and the appropriate livery. Sooooon I will conquer!

08-08-2018 09:30 AM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVUther the unhinged 08-11-2018

Bizarrely enough my entry is in early.
Igor and I have inspected them and they will have to do. So photos in and time to concentrate on the next generation, Hashut help us.

08-11-2018 10:45 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 577
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest  XXVJackswift 08-11-2018

Going to try and enter... Still working on the idea... Sorry to hear about the finger Zanko... Here's to a quick recovery.Cheers!

08-11-2018 11:35 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners Admiral 12 1,425 05-25-2018 03:21 PM
Last Post: dncswlf
  Artisan's Contest XXIV - Voting Admiral 19 1,774 05-24-2018 04:59 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXIV Admiral 39 5,145 05-17-2018 12:29 AM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Artisan's Contest XXIII - Winners! Admiral 25 3,041 12-16-2017 06:53 PM