Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
1 Votes - 4 Average   Gargolock's Experience being a broke kid trying to make an army
Author MessageGargolock's Experience being a broke kid trying to make an army
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1394
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Gargolock's Experience being a broke kid trying to make an armyZanko 08-10-2019

Your Mercenaries look really cool - just for Humans! But now I'm really looking forward to new Chaos Dwarfs, which will hopefully follow now! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-10-2019 03:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oxymandias
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 45
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Gargolock's Experience being a broke kid trying to make an armyOxymandias 08-10-2019

Lovely work on making the capes look realistically muddy and dirty at the bottom. Details like that really sell a mini.

“Look upon my works ye goblins, and despair” - Oxymandias
08-10-2019 12:02 PM
Cloister
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 8

RE: Gargolock's Experience being a broke kid trying to make an armyCloister 08-24-2019

Nice work, love the tjubling rocket. I still need to pick one up :l

08-24-2019 11:37 PM
Gargolock
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 318
Best Attitude - 2018                               
Gargolock's Experience being a broke Teenager trying to make an armyGargolock 09-17-2019

Hello, I don't have any new Chaos Dwarfs today (I have been engulfed by 100 statetroops and a golden hat).

Even though I have nothing to showcase, I do have a few things to say.

Firstly and most importantly, I am no longer playing AoS.
I got bored, Even with my gaming group's house rules. Instead now I am leading the cause to convert my group towards Kings of War. I won't be able to use my chaos dwarfs until I do a significant amount of re-basing but my Empire will serve in a few trial runs to see if it is an improvement over AoS. I am glad I am switching just in time for 3rd Edition.

Secondly, I am considering getting a Dungeon Crawler. I have weighed my options between Dungeon Saga, Myth, Descent, Massive Darkness, Silver Tower and one I forget the name of but it had something to do with Brimstone. I have decided on Dungeon Saga. I have heard good things about it. Any one played Dungeon Saga? if so is it fun?

Thirdly, all of the photos are gone. I will replace them probably with re-painted and re-based versions later.

Thats all I had to say, Excited to pull all the pieces of my Golden Hat Entry together tonight!

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

Hochland Army Blog

This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 12:49 AM by Gargolock.

09-17-2019 12:39 AM
Oxymandias
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 45
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Gargolock's Experience being a broke Teenager trying to make an armyOxymandias 09-17-2019

We house ruled the living hell out of AOS in my gaming group to get a little narrative campaign going but alas to no avail. The game is a great intro into wargaming but for many an experienced player it’s not what you’re after. Feels more like a collectible card game with miniatures instead of cards than a simulation of warfare.

I don’t hate it as a game. In fact I’m teaching some local kids how to play it as a first foray into wargaming. But for me, Warlord’s of Erehwon has been the real eye opener. It’s exactly what I want out of a fantasy battle game. KOW is a cool game and I played the first edition quite a bit but I’m always hesitant to really get into it  due to the fact that base sizes and unit ranks really matter. My collections are such a mess of varied basing that it would be a real job to make any of them work in that system.

Gargolock Wrote:
Hello, I don't have any new Chaos Dwarfs today (I have been engulfed by 100 statetroops and a golden hat).

Even though I have nothing to showcase, I do have a few things to say.

Firstly and most importantly, I am no longer playing AoS.
I got bored, Even with my gaming group's house rules. Instead now I am leading the cause to convert my group towards Kings of War. I won't be able to use my chaos dwarfs until I do a significant amount of re-basing but my Empire will serve in a few trial runs to see if it is an improvement over AoS. I am glad I am switching just in time for 3rd Edition.

Secondly, I am considering getting a Dungeon Crawler. I have weighed my options between Dungeon Saga, Myth, Descent, Massive Darkness, Silver Tower and one I forget the name of but it had something to do with Brimstone. I have decided on Dungeon Saga. I have heard good things about it. Any one played Dungeon Saga? if so is it fun?

Thirdly, all of the photos are gone. I will replace them probably with re-painted and re-based versions later.

Thats all I had to say, Excited to pull all the pieces of my Golden Hat Entry together tonight!

“Look upon my works ye goblins, and despair” - Oxymandias
09-17-2019 01:49 AM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites