Post Reply  Post Thread 
Searching for reference photos for wiki
Author MessageSearching for reference photos for wiki
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1296
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
Searching for reference photos for wikiNicodemus 09-01-2018

Hey CDO gang,

I'm looking to make some updates to the Citadel 2nd-3rd Edition and 4th-7th Edition, and Forge World model ranges in our Wiki as there are a few outstanding items that I'd like to see updated and to make it more comprehensive.

We're missing a lot of photos of components and builds for the Forge World section. Ideally these would be photographed on a uniform white or light blue background (black can work too, particularly for individual components). If you're not sure about miniature photographing you can check a few google links or try this one, or this one from the Warhammer Community article a little earlier this year.

Here's an example of the kinds of photos I'm after:

Iron Daemon Components

Iron Daemon Assembled (I think we can do better than the current one)

As for what we're missing (or have been identified as gaps in the wiki):

2nd-3rd Ed. Shield variants that came with the various sets
2nd-3rd Ed. C27 Hobgoblin Hound Master
2nd-3rd Ed. C36 Hobgoblins (we need most of these)
2nd-3rd Ed. DL2 Hobgoblins (we need most of these)
2nd-3rd Ed. Hobgoblin on Temple Dog assembled
2nd-3rd Ed. Hobgoblin Rocket Launcher Team assembled

4th Ed. Lord/Heroes photos of the standards that attach to their backs
4th Ed. Hobgoblin Hero has a fur cape and an arrow quiver covered in skulls
4th Ed. Hobgoblin Hero's wolf has a unique head with spikes
4th Ed. Not clear if there really were additional Oglah Khan Wolfboy variants (as the wiki implies)
4th Ed. plastic wolf body & head variants for the Hobgoblin Wolf Riders
4th Ed. Assembled Death Rocket
4th Ed. Assembled Earthshaker
4th Ed. Assembled Bolt Thrower
4th Ed. Bull Centaur Components (each of the body variants)
7th Ed. Hellcannon Assembled

FW Warhammer Limited Edition Daemonsmith 2014
FW Warhammer World Exclusive Daemonsmith 2018
FW Infernal Guard Standard Bearer
FW Skullcracker (Need assembled and components)
FW Deathshrieker Rocket (Need assembled and components)
FW Magma Cannon (Need assembled pic)
FW Dreadquake Mortar (Need assembled and components)
FW Bull Centaur Renders
FW Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
FW Shar'tor The Executioner

Edit (Sept 2, 2018)
Alternative Chaos Dwarf Model range in need of an update
Admiralty Miniatures - Needs an entry in the list and models
The Battleforge - Chaos Dwarf and Hobgoblin ranges need photos
Dark-Art Studios - Alternate Goretrek Kaoz Dwarf sculpt
Diego Serrate Pinilla's Pantheon of Chaos - Agrakh Stormlasher, Zhardin Nagrat, Chaos Dwarfs PTD01, PTD02, PTD03, and Boar Centaurs PM12, PM13
Ewal Dvergar (Clam's store) - Needs update on available models
Reaper Miniatures - Needs an update not sure what's new.
Russian Alternative - Lots of new models.
Scibor Monstrous Miniatures - Lots of models to be added!
Titan-Forge - Lots of models to be added!
Titan Wargames - Dragoons, both front and rear rank models
Zonk - Needs photos of the entire range
(There's probably lots of other small companies that I've missed so please post suggestions below!!!)
/Edit

Now, would it be too far to go to get photos of both sides of models and components as well? Seems a shame that these can't be used as references for style & design and front/back would help. I have a collection of close-ups of the FW Bull Centaur armour plates showing all of the designs and carvings, but haven't uploaded them yet (tisk tisk). Alternatively, rotating images would be better, but let's keep it simple for now Wink

If you're not keen on wiki edits but have photos you are willing to share just send me a PM and I can facilitate!  

The model range is a very useful resource for the community and I'd like to see it improved as much as possible for the benefit of us all!  Thanks everyone for any help you can lend.
~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 12:43 PM by Nicodemus.

09-01-2018 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 625
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Searching for reference photos for wikiFuggit Khan 09-01-2018

How about updating the wiki with Chaos Dwarf Man O War ships too?
Here's some pics :
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/World_...t=3&page=1

Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
09-01-2018 09:45 PM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Searching for reference photos for wikiNicodemus 09-02-2018

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
How about updating the wiki with Chaos Dwarf Man O War ships too?

Now we're talkin'!!  I've never played Man O War so don't really know what they had, but if there were CD ships then I'm disappointed we don't have a section for them!!

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

09-02-2018 12:30 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1245
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Searching for reference photos for wikiZanko 09-02-2018

Sorry, I don't own any Hobgoblins, 4th edition BigHats (except one model) and no FW ones. My Hell cannon is not original, so that's why I'm out of here, too. Sad

Nevertheless, this is a great initiative of yours Nicodemus! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-02-2018 02:18 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Searching for reference photos for wikiNicodemus 09-02-2018

I don’t play Blood Bowl either, and although we’ve got things covered for the most part I understand the CD team can also field a Minotaur? Was there a particular model for this back when the original metal CDs were available? Forge World has a new Minotaur model for BB, which I have, but would it make sense to include it? We don’t include the Goblins, Orcs, or Black Orcs in the model range from back in the days that we could field them as slaves, so maybe these other models are too far removed and we should leave it as-is.

Thoughts?

09-02-2018 03:49 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1389
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Searching for reference photos for wikitjub 09-02-2018

I wouldn't say its necessary, but if you'd like to include them go for it! The more the better, eh? Also there are a few non-GW Chaos Dwarf teams as well which could be added?

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

09-02-2018 06:17 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Searching for reference photos for wikiNicodemus 09-07-2018

tjub Wrote:
Also there are a few non-GW Chaos Dwarf teams as well which could be added?

Yes, for sure I know there are a couple of non-GW CD teams out there for Blood Bowl - Greebo's miniatures are the only ones that immediately come to mind though, but if anyone else has suggestions that would be great!

On a separate note, I think a wiki entry on the scale of Chaos Dwarf miniatures would also be useful. I know it comes up every couple of years on the forum, where someone will ask for a pic comparing the scale of models to other more well-known miniatures, but it would be good to capture this reference data in the wiki!

I recently built a 180-degree LED light array for something for work, which I thought would be good for photographing minis.. and after searching on-line I found it's already a thing!

DIY Light Halo (not mine, it's from Spikey Bits)

09-07-2018 02:12 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ISO Chaos Dwarf Mine Reference Material Nicodemus 7 1,148 04-12-2017 06:22 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  Chaos Dwarf Reference Sheet (LoA) Odatria 2 884 03-26-2014 07:57 AM
Last Post: AndyG
  RH quick reference sheets Da Crusha 8 1,920 01-04-2010 02:37 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  A look at Slayer culture, in reference to CD Grimstonefire 0 876 04-16-2009 03:52 PM
Last Post: Grimstonefire

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites