Author MessageSqualie's Infernal Dwarfs
squalie
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 31
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
Squalie's Infernal Dwarfssqualie 09-23-2018

Hey Lads, I was asked to post my army here, so I figured I'd play a little catch up so you could retroactively see my progress, lol.

I still have a bunch of units to paint, but here we go!

Here's my test model and base for Infernal Dwarfs (The cool Dwarfs).  I still have some detailing to do and the flintlock axe, but this is pretty much the theme.

This post was last modified: 09-28-2018 10:01 AM by squalie.

09-23-2018 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
squalie
Hobgoblin

RE: Squalie's Infernal Dwarfssqualie 09-23-2018

Here's the bases all done and for most of the army!  I've put less work into whole armies, lol.  these are from Base-X-of War.  Great people.

09-23-2018 04:20 PM
squalie
Hobgoblin

Just have a couple characters to paint (and a Bull) and I'm done the Onslaught tourney list! I'll take better pictures when the army is all done and on display board.

09-23-2018 04:21 PM
squalie
Hobgoblin

I truly need to figure out a way to take better pictures, I feel my pictures are always too bright, washed out and yellow. Dunno, not happy with them though.

My General:

My BSB, Sorcerer and unit filler:

My BSB, displaying the last Overlord that failed:

09-23-2018 04:22 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1664
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsAbecedar 09-23-2018

OMG, Holy Hashut.  They are gorgeous.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
09-23-2018 07:34 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1253
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsNicodemus 09-23-2018

Truly epic!! Nice work squalie, thanks for posting!! Takes Hat off

Nice work on the K’daai and K’daai Destroyer.  How was the destroyer to assemble and paint?   And... what’s up with this toenails? Really, is one of them way more massive than the others??

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 09-23-2018 08:56 PM by Nicodemus.

09-23-2018 08:54 PM
squalie
Hobgoblin

Nicodemus Wrote:
Truly epic!! Nice work squalie, thanks for posting!! Takes Hat off

Nice work on the K’daai and K’daai Destroyer.  How was the destroyer to assemble and paint?   And... what’s up with this toenails? Really, is one of them way more massive than the others??

Thanks!

Ya, one toenail is huge and was super easy to assemble. Painting big stuff is fun.  I'm also more curious as to who put all those skulls over him. Happy  Brave dude.

09-23-2018 09:39 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 718
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsFuggit Khan 09-23-2018

Nice painting!
And an interesting choice of colors for the fireborn, they have a magical look to them.
A very nice looking and balanced army, one to be proud of  Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
09-23-2018 10:22 PM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 492
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsUther the unhinged 09-24-2018

Fantastic army. I love the bsb (is he a conversion). Great paint job and it all hangs together so well!

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
09-24-2018 01:33 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1513
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal Dwarfstjub 09-24-2018

Superb army, thanks for sharing!
How have you done the metals?

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

09-24-2018 02:08 AM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 214
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsZanthrax 09-24-2018

Brilliant work bro.

Love the former bsb in the cage

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2017/1...chaos.html
09-24-2018 07:28 AM
squalie
Hobgoblin

RE: Squalie's Infernal Dwarfssqualie 09-24-2018

Thanks all!

I wanted something a little different than the traditional fire themed CD's, so I went more Tzeentch style, magical flame idea.  the BSB is a conversion using one of the hanging dwarfs from the Drazhoath Forge World model.  I embraced the slave idea of CD's and wanted to display what happens when you're not a successful leader.  Ironically enough, inspiring the army. Big Grin

The army is super simple: leadbelcher for metals, retributory armour for trim, all washed with druchii violet, then golds picked out with auric armour gold.

other metals: Balthasar gold, stippled Gehenna's gold, washed Agrax earthshade and then edging in mithril silver.

This is pretty much the only army I'll use for the next while, so I'll try to post often and I have a ton more units to paint (Immortals Shartor BSB, Lammasu, gunnery teams, Hellcannon, etc)

09-24-2018 10:59 AM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsNicodemus 09-24-2018

squalie Wrote:
  This is pretty much the only army I'll use for the next while, so I'll try to post often and I have a ton more units to paint (Immortals Shartor BSB, Lammasu, gunnery teams, Hellcannon, etc)

Oh yes!! We'll be eagerly waiting! And this army should help keep those Ravening Hordes in check Wink

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

09-24-2018 11:43 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1339
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsZanko 09-24-2018

Awesome army! Takes Hat off Very inspiring! Cheers!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-24-2018 11:55 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsNicodemus 09-24-2018

Where are your Chaos Dwarfs from?

I had a dream last night (no really, I did) that I ordered some Infernal Guard with hand weapons from FW and these guys with the swords came. In my dream FW changed the design and was only casting in pewter instead of resin.  Anyway, weird... but I'm still curious where these guys are from!

~N

09-24-2018 09:19 PM
squalie
Hobgoblin

RE: Squalie's Infernal Dwarfssqualie 09-24-2018

Nicodemus Wrote:
Where are your Chaos Dwarfs from?

I had a dream last night (no really, I did) that I ordered some Infernal Guard with hand weapons from FW and these guys with the swords came. In my dream FW changed the design and was only casting in pewter instead of resin.  Anyway, weird... but I'm still curious where these guys are from!

~N

Those are from Lost Kingdom Miniatures.

http://lostkingdomminiatures.com/en/

Very cool figs, a pain to rank up and lots of options. Happy

09-24-2018 09:42 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 699
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsAdmiral 09-27-2018

Gorgeous army! That's a host to be proud of. Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
09-27-2018 06:02 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1333
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal Dwarfscornixt 09-27-2018

Is your general female? I can't make out if there is a neckbeard or if that is armour/clothing, but the face looks a bit feminine in the photos.

Also, regular BC and Renders in the same army? Which rules do you use to play this army?

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

09-27-2018 09:55 AM
squalie
Hobgoblin

RE: Squalie's Infernal Dwarfssqualie 09-27-2018

cornixt Wrote:
Is your general female? I can't make out if there is a neckbeard or if that is armour/clothing, but the face looks a bit feminine in the photos.

Also, regular BC and Renders in the same army? Which rules do you use to play this army?

Not a female (how dare you) but it DOES look like the beard washed out in the picture.  I will post better pics as I really don't like these anyways.

We play the 9th Age rules.  Taurukh (smaller) and Taurukh Anointed (bigger) are in the same list.  Square bases for the win!

09-27-2018 11:48 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 699
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Squalie's Infernal DwarfsAdmiral 09-28-2018

squalie Wrote:
  We play the 9th Age rules.  Taurukh (smaller) and Taurukh Anointed (bigger) are in the same list.

Much a player's edition for players in that regard. Most previous Chaos Dwarf models have an obvious place in T9A Infernal Dwarf army list in a way no official army lists provided before. 3rd edition petards & mortars & bazookas go as Gunnery Teams. Not crossbows, but that is only to differentiate from vanilla Dwarves: Crossbows have to count-as other firearms, up to the player to choose. All CD-specific 5th edition units are in, and any kind of Orcs go as Orc Slaves.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
09-28-2018 09:24 AM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Legion of Azgorh - Zaramuskharaz' Chaos Dwarfs and their Infernal Machines Zaramuskharaz 18 4,059 03-05-2017 02:42 PM
Last Post: Pazuzu
  Some pictures of the Infernal guard Civil War Dwarfs wappellious 19 9,934 04-24-2012 01:30 AM
Last Post: vulcanologist

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites