Author MessageThe Slave Maestro and his Gorgoth band
MC1
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 8

The Slave Maestro and his Gorgoth bandMC1 11-17-2018

Hi all

Thanks for letting me join. My name is Marc and I am from Copenhagen. I started with Warhammer as a kid 20 years ago mainly collecting a Clan Skryre army, but as I reached the teenage years other things got more important and my rats were put back on the shelves.
Recently my parents told me to get back home and do something about all those Warhammer miniatures (around 1000) because they had just been standing there collecting dust for the last 15 years. As I started selling off the miniatures I once again fell in love with Warhammer and so starts the tale of something big (or actually quite small and chubby).
I always loved the aesthetics of the big hat Chaos Dwarfs, but never actually owned any, mainly because they weren’t available in my local GW store. So this time around, they were my army of choice.

As I am more of a hobbyist than a player I wanted to start small getting the Astragoth miniature which I always loved as a kid. But the Canadian collector I was trading with had a great collection I ended up with a bit bigger range of models.

It is kind of like an old school version of todays “start collecting” boxes. I am not missing that many miniatures to have a complete collection of the big hats already.
I will be playing AoS so the Lammasu will count as Drazhoath and the Great Taurus as Shar’tor if the my opponent allows.

As for my K’daai Fireborn I will be using Dragon Ogres. I guess dragons and fireborn goes hand in hand. Also they were produced in the same period as the rest of the army so aestheticly they also fit well. I will make them erupt from my magma bases and probably also give them beards and big hats Takes Hat off

As the army would otherwise get quite expensive I will supplement with some of the Russian Alternative miniatures. I am considering using one of their Bullcentaurs as Tauruk as they are a bit bigger than the GW models. For now I picked up 30 Harquebuses (20 resin and 10 metal). I will covert their guns into blunderbuses.

I also picked up the Thunderworm cannon from Reaper Games, which I will use as my Magma Cannon. It is a bit big, but I think it will be alright. I will add some kind of magma container, maybe using the backpack from a Poison Wind Globadier. Also I will be using the mortar crew, who will be carrying a metal bucket filled with magma.

My mortar will instead have a slave ogre carrying the bomb while being whipped by a Chaos Dwarf. I will probably use the Russian Alternative model with the whip. Also I will try to build my own Hellcannon.

I don’t have any of the original shields and decals, so my army will be equipped with Marauders shield, which I think fits nicely.

Finally, my army will have magma bases, so I have been out buying tons of cork and round bases.

So I have everything planned out, now I just have to get started Takes Hat off

My bigs hats army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17717

This post was last modified: 12-23-2018 10:12 AM by MC1.

11-17-2018 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 854

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Ghrask Dragh 11-17-2018

Oh wow, what a fantastic collection to come home to

You have an amazing army there waiting already so Im really looking forward to these updates

Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
11-17-2018 08:52 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Admiral 11-17-2018

Thorough buildup of armaments and models and bases! Looking forward to see this develop. Good luck. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
11-17-2018 11:54 AM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Slaves: 609
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Uther the unhinged 11-17-2018

What a fantastic force to start with. I can’t wait to see them up and running.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
11-17-2018 06:34 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1705
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Abecedar 11-17-2018

Great start and  Welcome.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
11-17-2018 07:14 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1389
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Zanko 11-18-2018

Very nice miniatures you collected there! Cheers!

I am looking forward to see these painted! Big Grin

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

11-18-2018 04:44 AM
Hashoooot
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 68
Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Hashoooot 11-19-2018

Looks like you really mean business with this project! The cannon from Reaper will do fine, I think (thanks for the tip btw - might get one myself some day!). Please keep posting!

11-19-2018 11:08 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Fuggit Khan 11-20-2018

Hashut be praised, what a beautiful selection of models you have!
And your choice for a magma cannon is really good, I'm looking forward to seeing it put together and painted up  Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
11-20-2018 03:40 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1256
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Nicodemus 11-20-2018

Definitely off to a fantastic start!! You've got all the bases covered and the metal models are definitely nice to have, in my opinion.  Now you're just going to have to block off time and start painting in stages to get it all done!  Keep us posted!!

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

11-20-2018 02:33 PM
zobo1942
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 19
Slaves: 109

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)zobo1942 11-20-2018

Very nice!!

11-20-2018 10:19 PM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)BABIS 11-21-2018

good stuff you have there!

The only thing I dislike is the choice of round bases, but I must admit I am bonded with the past...

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

11-21-2018 09:13 AM
MC1
Hobgoblin

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)MC1 12-15-2018

Thank you for all your kind words! I will try to keep the posts coming, but I am a really slow collector/converter/painter dead

So about shields...
I was originally planning on using the marauders shields for my warrior but I found some old Empire(?) bits, the skulls with a crown on them, and figured they would be a pretty good starting point for creating the CD skull with a lightning on his forehead. I think that is the symbol for the Slavemasters of Gorgoth?
I have to improve my lightning-cutting skills, but which one do you guys prefer?

/MC

This post was last modified: 12-15-2018 06:44 PM by MC1.

12-15-2018 06:39 PM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Slaves: 609
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Uther the unhinged 12-15-2018

I love marauder shields..... but that skull shield is very cool. I think go with the skulls they will look great ranked up

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
12-15-2018 08:18 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Admiral 12-15-2018

Marauder shields are always a strong and good choice for CDs, but that custom converted skull shield have a great look to it! You will do fine with either of them. Probably go for skulls so that your warriors are distinctly unique in that regard. Cheers!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
12-15-2018 08:45 PM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 644
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Bolg 12-16-2018

I'm a fan of those converted shields (also they are smaller so you see more of the model)
Looking forward to see how these look on round bases. So you can still play Chaos Dwarves under Age of Sigmar?

Check out my webcomic here...

This post was last modified: 12-16-2018 08:21 AM by Bolg.

12-16-2018 08:17 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MC1
Hobgoblin

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)MC1 12-16-2018

Great, I will go with the skull shields! They also have a more old school style to them, which I really like.

@Admiral, I am really looking forward to your pirate/standard bearer kit will become available on the webshop. I am planning on picking those up as well as a two of the big hats kits for my own conversions Takes Hat off

@Bolg, yeah they are called Legion of Azgorh. If you are curious you can find Forgeworld’s compendium here: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-L...zgorh-2018

By the way, how do you create those Image Salvages that collects all photos from the blog on the first page?

/MC

This post was last modified: 12-16-2018 01:13 PM by MC1.

12-16-2018 01:05 PM
Gargolock
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 316
Best Attitude - 2018                               
RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Gargolock 12-17-2018

MC1 Wrote:
I think that is the symbol for the Slavemasters of Gorgoth?

Yes it is. Funny enough that awesome skull shield is a perfect replica of the symbol. The Slavemasters symbol is a dark blue round shield with a cracked lightning skull in the centre. Anyways awesome conversion work. Looking forward to seeing more.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

Hochland Army Blog
12-17-2018 01:14 AM
MC1
Hobgoblin

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)MC1 12-17-2018

Gargolock Wrote:

MC1 Wrote:
I think that is the symbol for the Slavemasters of Gorgoth?

Yes it is. Funny enough that awesome skull shield is a perfect replica of the symbol. The Slavemasters symbol is a dark blue round shield with a cracked lightning skull in the centre. Anyways awesome conversion work. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks, a quite easy conversion aswell!
I just found this reference in one of the fan made Chaos Dwarf books. Would you say it is correct in regards to the different symbols?

12-17-2018 05:20 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)Admiral 12-17-2018

Yes, because Thommy H is the Chaos Dwarf army book god around here. He has explored Chaos Dwarfs in greater depth than Games Workshop and Forgeworld ever did. Happy

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 12-17-2018 05:54 AM by Admiral.

12-17-2018 05:53 AM
MC1
Hobgoblin

RE: [11-17-2018] MC’s start of something big (hat)MC1 12-17-2018

Admiral Wrote:
Yes, because Thommy H is the Chaos Dwarf army book god around here. He has explored Chaos Dwarfs in greater depth than Games Workshop and Forgeworld ever did. Happy

Great! Then I shall name my warband "The Slave Maestro and his Gorgoth band". The slaves rush forward in fear of The Slave Maestro. The "music" from his mechanical parts can be heard from miles away... Okay, okay, okay I have to work a bit on the title and fluff Evil idea

12-17-2018 07:56 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gunrock Clan, Lords of Gorgoth [04-19-2009] Ammrik Gunrock 45 15,319 04-28-2009 07:00 AM
Last Post: Loki
  Xander & Vexxus' Mordheim Band Vexxus 12 17,372 08-02-2008 09:22 AM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing
  Akuma Ashbringers Evil Band Akuma 32 11,202 02-04-2008 01:33 AM
Last Post: Akuma

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites