AoS v2 Help
Author MessageAoS v2 Help
Aron
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 138

AoS v2 HelpAron 12-26-2018

I need some AoS help but first maybe some background so you understand more the purpose of my request. I’m a seaman and therefore seldom at home. Over the past couple of years I have become a collector rather than a player. I own a huge amount of Chaos Dwarfs and one day I will finish my 8th edition army. But being a seaman this will take a few more years. I live in the Philippines and the only other option apart from 8th edition is playing AoS. Soon I’ll have a 2.5 month vacation and some time on my hand and I would like to get a 1500pts AoS army on the table.
Now here is my problem: I have never played AoS but would need to plan ahead and bring anything with me that I may be missing. As mentioned I have a huge amount of CD’s from all ages but what I’m planning to use purely Forgeworld. Can anyone with experience in AoS help me with your ultimate 1500pts army list for AoS? The only thing I don’t have is a Skullcracker but everything else is existing. Thanks a lot and I hope I didn’t waste anyone’s time with my story.
Takes Hat off

12-26-2018 06:07 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 642
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: AoS v2 HelpBolg 12-26-2018

I cant help you with AoS but I heard good things.

but if you like 8th edition there is now a semi official rules set that is used internationally called 9th age (https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/) its from the people that organised all the international tournaments and the rule set is much like 8th ed (but the slightly change it quite often) point costs are doubled and the profile has changed but its ore like 8th than AoS.

Check out my webcomic here...
12-26-2018 09:31 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1495
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: AoS v2 Helptjub 12-27-2018

Maybe not the best, but its the one that placed best around here last big tournament.

Quote:
Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Mortal Realm: Ulgu
Leaders
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque
- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Battleline
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
Units
6 x K'Daai Fireborn (280)
Behemoths
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Battalions
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 117

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

12-27-2018 02:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 89
Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS                               
RE: AoS v2 HelpVantraxx the Thrice Cursed 12-28-2018

for 1.5k i roll with:

Taur'ruk general with Grotesque and Armour of Baz the Cruel
Daemonsmith
Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Chaos Steed

x10 Fireglaives with icon and drummer

Magma Cannon
Magma Cannon

x12 K'daai Fireborn

Soulsnare Shackles

Basic plan is Taur'ruk, Chaos Sorcerer and 12 K'daai roll up a flank or cap objectives. Cast Daemonic power on the K'daai, reroll 1's to save is for the Taur'ruk.

Fireglaives, daemonsmith and magma cannons keep advancing util they are in range. Very deadly base but low range so you will probably move forward the first turn or two. They have a massive mortal wound output and again can cap objectives. Ash storm has a huge range and -1 to hit is a massive boost when combined with the Taur'ruk's further -1 to hit. Thow down shackels when you know the enemy will advance on the artillery and fireglaives.

Your blood or my blood, as long as it flows my Lord shall bless...
Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
Wargames, Hobby and Terrain Complex
12-28-2018 11:04 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1631
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: AoS v2 HelpAbecedar 12-29-2018

I'm one who cannot help at all either as I / we don't do AoS here but good luck.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-29-2018 03:21 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites