Post Reply  Post Thread 
Fear the full moon !
Author MessageFear the full moon !
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 325
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
Fear the full moon !Kamphre 12-28-2018

Somewhere between the mountains of Alandar and the Twilight Glades (see map) a forest host a werewolves clan. Nobody knows their origins ; Some legends talk about a meteore of a glowing stone fallen from the moon, changing people into ferocious beasts, others talk about experiences of black magic on ogres, to give them agility of felines...

But what everyone knows is that if you want to survive, you better have to avoid their territory !

As a Warhammer refugee, I switched to KoW a few years ago. I discovered the multi-basing and I thought that it would be a cool solution to recycle the wolfen I had from Confrontation.
But I wanted to focus on my abyssal dwarves, so the project remained an idea for a long time.
And now (even if I havn't worked as much as I wanted on dwarfs...), as a new year is starting, I want to do something new.
Here's my "count-as" Ogre army blog.

First unit of warriors :

And my progress so far :

12-28-2018 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 617
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Fear the full moon !Bolg 12-28-2018

Stunning miniatures.

I think they might do very well for Ogres

Check out my webcomic here...
12-28-2018 10:08 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1562
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Fear the full moon !Abecedar 12-29-2018

Love them.  My son has had a resurgence of model fever and loves werewoofs so Ill show him these

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-29-2018 03:22 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: Fear the full moon !Kamphre 12-29-2018

@Abecedar : Coolminiornot bought the rights on Confrontation Wolfen, and they used them in a game called Wrath of Kings. The wolfen are now part of the Goritisi faction.
For Black Friday, the minis were really cheap, I get 16 miniatures for $14 (+ postage).

@Bolg : Thank you ! Happy

12-29-2018 03:31 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

RE: Fear the full moon !Kamphre 01-06-2019

This year, I try #HobbyStreak to keep some motivation.

I quote Rob Hawkins to explain it :

Quote:
#HobbyStreak is something you can do to maintain a regular painting schedule: Each day, simply paint or do some kind of hobby work for at least 30 minutes, and post a photo of your progress on Twitter with the hashtags #HobbyStreak and #HobbyStreakDay1 (or whatever day you're up to). Try to maintain at least 30 minutes every day, and see how long you can keep your streak going. If you miss a day, start over with day 1, and see if you can beat your previous record.

I'm not posting on Twitter but I'll have stuff to show here. I spent my hobby time doing the bases for the units I already have.

I drilled all the bases at one time :

Tip : don't use a wood drill for mdf as it'll blunt it quickly. Use an iron drill instead.

Next I put magnets on  the holes, paying attention to the magnet polarity. I don't want to have bases that stick together :

I fill holes on the other side with Milliput :

I used a Green Stuff World rolling pin to add a texture on the putty. It will be stones.

And here's my first base before a black priming :

Sorry for the bad quality of pics, I took them with my phone...

01-06-2019 03:32 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 714
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Fear the full moon !Admiral 01-13-2019

Promising! Wooooooh! *Howls at the moon*

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVI - Voting Deadline 27th of January ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-13-2019 06:48 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fear of the Dark (Angels) Thommy H 49 57,923 07-26-2015 06:11 PM
Last Post: Thommy H

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites