Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
(updated 2/11) CD and hobgoblins from Dancing Yak Miniatures
Author Message(updated 2/11) CD and hobgoblins from Dancing Yak Miniatures
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 47

(updated 2/11) CD and hobgoblins from Dancing Yak Miniaturesdancingyakminiatures 01-16-2019

Hi all long time lurker first time poster. I am proud to announce a new line of demon/chaos/abysmal dwarfs for the 10mm and 28mm ranges.We are making these due to a lack of 10mm models.Being long time fans we felt it was a crime against the dark god that no range was available.so we offered prayers and went about addressing this . we have been asked by nearly 100 people in over 24 to do 28mm also so we will. Please take a look for more info We hope hope you enjoy. Cheers!  
 Page https://www.facebook.com/dancingyakminiatures
Update 2/11
New wolf, and wolf riders working on assassin now

From your friends at Dancing Yak Miniatures
Update 2/11

update 2/8

update 2/6

Update 2/3

Teaser    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUJ5Kzu2GzY&t=6s            

[img][/img]

This post was last modified: 02-11-2019 10:36 PM by dancingyakminiatures.

01-16-2019 04:13 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 590
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   Admiral 01-16-2019

Nice! Welcome aboard!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
01-16-2019 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1524
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   tjub 01-17-2019

Pineapple hats! Takes Hat off
Love the designs! Might need a bit thicker shafts for the weapons in 10mm? Btw resin och metal? ...and 28mm as well seems like a great idea? Btw, the Bullcentaurs will they be old school size or Forge World sized?

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

01-17-2019 02:00 AM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-17-2019

first thanks for the kind words to both of you. we have printed about 30 tests dwarfs and they have been fine on weapons.will be printing slightly larger to del with mold shrinkage . we are not worried based on research on the castablitly we should be fine . If we need to enlarge the shafts we will but im 95% we wont.   No we 110% will do 10mm ones in metal . resin would be to thin and many would brake shipping out.. so all will be metal ............. seen 10 and 6mm resin spears and swords its a farce ....further all models were made to be printed and cast at 10mm will be enlarging and cleaning up and adding details for the 28mm. further we might end up doing 28mm in resin if its more then 25% less in cost to make without substantial loss in strength and quality. apreate concern. on the point of the centaryaks they will be old school size about slightly larger . our dwarfs are very lazys slaves do most work . feel most cd are dieting Wink

01-17-2019 03:20 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1333
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   cornixt 01-17-2019

Those super spikey hats are great.

I think you'd need to add hair texture to do the models in 28mm or it will look weird.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

01-17-2019 02:56 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 214
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   Zanthrax 01-17-2019

Looking Awesome bro well done

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2017/1...chaos.html
01-17-2019 06:51 PM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-17-2019

cornixt Wrote:
Those super spikey hats are great.

I think you'd need to add hair texture to do the models in 28mm or it will look weird.

thank you for your input we will 100% add more detail to the 28mm models . all models were made to print and cast well in 10mm hence lack of hair detail. further will be more types of units with greater veration. this is the teaser and we make great progress daily. final step before crowd funding is adding extra details to 28mm.we honestly didnt plan on making 28mm but many people wanted it so we agreed as it. hope you follow and like them when all done . cheers

01-17-2019 09:18 PM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Zanthrax Wrote:
Looking Awesome bro well done

thank you! hope you like whats to come.

01-17-2019 09:20 PM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 503
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   Uther the unhinged 01-18-2019

Fantastic minis. Can’t have too many big hats, and 10mm wow, how dextrous are you guys? Amazing!

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
01-18-2019 01:55 AM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-18-2019

Uther the unhinged Wrote:
Fantastic minis. Can’t have too many big hats, and 10mm wow, how dextrous are you guys? Amazing!

Thank you .no never enough hats. Not as nimble as I wish .

01-18-2019 06:48 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 720
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   Fuggit Khan 01-19-2019

I think these are f*#√in awesome!
I love the porcupine/pineapple/pinecone Hats
Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-19-2019 05:04 AM
gsteelwraith
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 8

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   gsteelwraith 01-20-2019

Like the look of these guys, those super-spiky hats look neat. One small quibble I have, is that the crew of that cannon are brandishing weapons rather than actually acting as crew operating the weapon. Should have a loader, gunner, and a gun captain (perhaps with a set of range-finding glasses), I think.

01-20-2019 11:36 PM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-20-2019

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
I think these are f*#√in awesome!
I love the porcupine/pineapple/pinecone Hats
Takes Hat off

thank you we are thinking of moving the extra spiky hats to other units also we have as of now several more hat veraints and plan on doing more. hope you kile whts to come

01-20-2019 11:48 PM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-20-2019

gsteelwraith Wrote:
.Like the look of these guys, those super-spiky hats look neat. One small quibble I have, is that the crew of that cannon are brandishing weapons rather than actually acting as crew operating the weapon. Should have a loader, gunner, and a gun captain (perhaps with a set of range-finding glasses), I think.

thanks. we plan on adding an ammo pile at least. heres the issue at 10mm that a scope wouldn't be notable further there are 3 more artillery peaces we are making and possible one as a stretch goal . these will be usable with all all artillery . we will have some 2 unarmed hob goblins in there to both holding the ammo to load. there choas dwars . slaves do the lifting not the dwarfs.magic andd slaves or serfs are. further we may add a wip in for one for good measure . also why they only have weapon in one hand so they can fire or adjust levers. there may be other changes or less less dwarfs for the 10mm.

This post was last modified: 01-21-2019 02:48 AM by dancingyakminiatures.

01-20-2019 11:53 PM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   BABIS 01-21-2019

those models reminds me a lot the zonk sculpts "taste", do you have the same impression guys?

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

01-21-2019 02:17 PM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-21-2019

BABIS Wrote:
those models reminds me a lot the zonk sculpts "taste", do you have the same impression guys?

They take some inspiration from the worms work. However unlike zonks im not running a scam.Further plan on making other ranges after this hope to be in for the long hall. further i live in the usa were they dont take kindly to fraud as certin country's will.also i am part of the wargames community last thing i wish i to ruin my name with the 100s of people ive dealt with and many friends.your welcome to wait till after the kickstarter and we have filled all order to get them. or not get at all . hope you support us though !they will be cheaper threw the kickstarter though and you will be able to get months before. didnt think you were talking about more then sculpts but this needs to be said as you brought up the POS name.

01-21-2019 10:36 PM
AtomTaylor
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 218
Hellsmith - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   AtomTaylor 01-22-2019

I would love to see the actual miniatures.Quite a lot of detail there for 10mm.

https://www.facebook.com/OldschoolMinis
01-22-2019 12:02 AM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-22-2019

AtomTaylor Wrote:
I would love to see the actual miniatures.Quite a lot of detail there for 10mm.

Yes there are for 10mm, we will be adding details for the 28mm. ones there is a little lost but all things are clear. Have done some prototyping on the models. issue at the moment is i dont have a good camera.taking pictures with a 4 mp phone camera is counterproductive as i cant get the detail. Bought 13mp one of ebay but it wouldn't turn on so sent back . will be buying another within a few days. and hopefully posting some pictures within a few weeks.hope you like whats to come .

01-22-2019 12:12 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   BABIS 01-22-2019

dancingyakminiatures Wrote:
didnt think you were talking about more then sculpts but this needs to be said as you brought up the POS name.

yes, just talking about the esthetical side

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

01-22-2019 04:46 PM
dancingyakminiatures
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: New line announcement from Dancing Yak Miniatures updated with pictures   dancingyakminiatures 01-22-2019

BABIS Wrote:

dancingyakminiatures Wrote:
didnt think you were talking about more then sculpts but this needs to be said as you brought up the POS name.

yes, just talking about the esthetical side

Cheers!Takes Hat offCheers! figured .his were lovely if he only followed threw we wouldnt need to do 28mm Sad . Mad. thanks for responding and  I hope you like ours when done cheers!

This post was last modified: 01-22-2019 09:23 PM by dancingyakminiatures.

01-22-2019 08:38 PM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free STL Broken Statue from Dancing Yak Miniatures dancingyakminiatures 8 566 05-14-2019 03:25 PM
Last Post: dancingyakminiatures
  Free Ziggurat STL file in 10mm and 28mm from dancing yak dancingyakminiatures 9 656 03-24-2019 11:40 AM
Last Post: Jackswift
  15mm Hobgoblins by Khurasan Miniatures tjub 5 696 01-19-2018 12:33 PM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites