Author MessageAdepticon announcements about the Chaos Dwarf
Gargolock
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 286
Best Attitude - 2018                               
Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfGargolock 03-28-2019

Hello, Warhammer community just made a lot of announcements but the most prevelant to us here is the Warcry mysterious duardin and the fyreslayer’s endless spells.

I will start with the Warcry dwarf, sadly he is as suspected not dawi’zharr but just a duardin of chaos. He is part of a faction called “The Iron Golems”. They are from the realm of metal, meaning they are quite armoured. They are made up of all races from Warhammer, not just dwarfs or men. They show an armoured chaos ogre (“Ogor”, this is why I don’t deal with AoS lore). Pretty cool and has the first official plastic chaos dwarf of sorts for a while.

Next announcement prevalent to us is the fyreslayers battletome. Not as itself but more it’s new endless spells. More specifically that fiery thing. I saw that and thought K’daai. I don’t know the size but I am assuming it is approaching destroyer size.

Here is the link. There is some interesting stuff there that I didn’t mention. New 40k stuff and slaanesh is back. Also a karadron shadespire warband. There is also an introduction to the new forbidden power AoS rules.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019...unleashed/

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

Hochland Army Blog
03-28-2019 12:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1524
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos Dwarftjub 03-28-2019

Gargolock Wrote:
They show an armoured chaos ogre (“Ogor”, this is why I don’t deal with AoS lore). Pretty cool and has the first official plastic chaos dwarf of sorts for a while.

Oh, if that's the reason you don't get into AoS its too bad. Yes, some of the names feel a bit wonky at start. But really, its time to get over it. AoS is a new age for WFB, built on the same lore etc moved to a "free more open" world. Personally I love what they have done with AoS, both lore and rules wise. Its constant progression, dont let a few names stop you. You'll get used to it! Wink

And to the models, he is still an evil dwarf! This opens up possibilities for more evil/chaotic dwarf tribes from other realms! If/when the Darkoath drops maybe some are included there one might hope? Not the Dawi Zharr, but our more "feral" brothers worshiping the raw chaos powers!

Oh, and not least. They announced that Warcry! will contain more than just chaotic tribes. So hopefully it will provide for the AoS skirmish setting people hope for after all! Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

03-28-2019 01:37 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 720
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfFuggit Khan 03-28-2019

Nice models, thanks for sharing.
They've got lots of conversion potential, and easily adopted into a CD army (they need a proper Big Hat of course)
Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
03-28-2019 05:08 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Slaves: 365
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfTheHoodedMan 03-28-2019

At least interesting.
I think I could find a way to integrate them somehow in my upcoming force.

03-28-2019 08:41 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 53

RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfJasko 03-28-2019

Quite a lot of those endlesspells are very useful, both for conversions or to depict old remains-in-play spells for WHFB (e.g. the purple sun etc)

I still think about what to do with the flaming bull spell from beasts of chaos, I mean that one has Chaos Dwarfs written all over the place, while that horn would be great for a bull centaur musician...

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress

This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 11:48 AM by Jasko.

03-28-2019 09:29 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfAdmiral 03-28-2019

Wow, great new models! Chaos Duardin, roger that. Good enough, it's like new crumbs for us to craft a whole new faction out of. Like we always do. Wink

Fingers crossed for Dawi Zharr stuff in the future. Probably from Forgeworld, but plastic would be nice.

Also, a new forge scenery piece, easily appropriated and converted for our nefarious ends:

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
03-28-2019 01:08 PM
Gargolock
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 286
Best Attitude - 2018                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfGargolock 03-28-2019

tjub Wrote:
Its constant progression, dont let a few names stop you. You'll get used to it! Wink

I remember originally when someone told me I would get used to it. At the time I thought I never would but to be honest those names are one of the biggest things now. I mean that more of I have learned to appreciate the soup that is the realms and not much bothers me, I don’t mind the names too much just slightly confused.
I have actually done more reading into the unique factions such as fyreslayers and Idoneth and really like them. I think making outrageous factions is a better way to take the new soup based world than the “boring” WHFB battle factions (boring when put into a world that accepts anything). I think as more battletomes come out and give factions treatment in the AoS world rather than just being an old WHFB faction re-applied with a small reason as to there existence, I will eventually fall in love with this world. They just need to add more to every faction, not as locks as to what is allowed but as encouragement to go mental in a creative wonderland.
However as of right now I still prefer the dark and locked old world. I find it offers enough freedom for some interesting ideas.

But yes, the AoS world has grown and is still growing as a world and on me. Also I think it just need some big hat chaos dwarves and it will be set.

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

Hochland Army Blog

This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 01:14 PM by Gargolock.

03-28-2019 01:11 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 591
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfAdmiral 03-28-2019

Someone I spoke to on Deviantart described AoS in terms of Grecian high fantasy, which is a great way of putting it, and seems well accurate to my eyes. Happy

Warhammer-Fan Wrote:
No problem! I find the ideas of the 9th Age, along with Endhammer and Age of Sigmar, to all be interesting divergences from where Warhammer Fnatasy left off. Whereas AoS seeks to reach for Grecian high fantasy, of where the gods take part in everyday life, and Endhammer views a postapocalyptic WHF world, the 9th Age is a thoughtful return to form of the setting, a fantasy version of our own world's past.

Cheers!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 01:19 PM by Admiral.

03-28-2019 01:15 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Slaves: 1524
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos Dwarftjub 03-28-2019

Gargolock Wrote:
But yes, the AoS world has grown and is still growing as a world and on me. Also I think it just need some big hat chaos dwarves and it will be set.

So true! Takes Hat off

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

03-28-2019 03:07 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 214
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Adepticon announcements about the Chaos DwarfZanthrax 03-29-2019

Pretty cool and has a place here in CDO but I am still more interested in the ninth age.
Looking forward to seeing some painted version from you aos dudes here

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2017/1...chaos.html
03-29-2019 07:04 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone going to Adepticon this week? BoomBoom 3 995 07-20-2014 03:36 PM
Last Post: torn
  Anyone going to Adepticon? Anyone? Mr Saturday 16 3,722 04-08-2011 04:39 PM
Last Post: Mr Saturday

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites