Horace's Other Fantasy Stuff
Author MessageHorace's Other Fantasy Stuff
Horace
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 58

Horace's Other Fantasy StuffHorace 05-15-2019

Here are a few pictures of the other stuff I have been painting recently, in between my main painting goal of getting my Chaos Dwarfs onto the battlefield.

I also have armies of Orcs & Goblins, Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, Daemons and a very early collection of Dark Elves, and my brother has armies of Warriors of Chaos, Empire and High Elves which I occasionally add bits to since they are all kept at my house and kind of shared. Most of it dates back to 4th edition but with new stuff added to 8th-ify the armies (we play 8th edition still)

The last thing I finished was a unit of Boar Boyz and Gorbad Ironclaw (shields still need painting though)

This post was last modified: 05-15-2019 08:37 AM by Horace.

05-15-2019 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 31

RE: Horace's Other Fantasy StuffJasko 05-15-2019

Gorbad is such a great model! Still very much up to date, imho. Beautifully painted, I like them very much! Show us more of your models Respect to the Hat!

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
05-15-2019 10:56 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 140
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Horace's Other Fantasy StuffAdmiral 05-15-2019

Wow, your colour choices and painting technique makes for a striking impression. Especially the highlights. Really good stuff, Horace! Cheers!

I can by the way recommend flowers and shrubs from Gamers Grass to spice up bases further with vegetation. It tends to look especially good on evil armies; gives it all a realism hook amid the grimdark.

Also, if ever you want to make the Boar Riders pop that extra, then I can recommend sculpting some quick fur over the glued seams between the body halves. Just a tip.

Cheers

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting Deadline 3rd of July  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-15-2019 01:40 PM by Admiral.

05-15-2019 01:40 PM
Horace
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 58

RE: Horace's Other Fantasy StuffHorace 05-15-2019

Admiral Wrote:
Wow, your colour choices and painting technique makes for a striking impression. Especially the highlights. Really good stuff, Horace! Cheers!

I can by the way recommend flowers and shrubs from Gamers Grass to spice up bases further with vegetation. It tends to look especially good on evil armies; gives it all a realism hook amid the grimdark.

Also, if ever you want to make the Boar Riders pop that extra, then I can recommend sculpting some quick fur over the glued seams between the body halves. Just a tip.

Cheers

Cheers Happy

Those flowers look pretty nice, thanks.

I should really have filled the gaps on the boars, it was just pure laziness Happy

05-15-2019 04:52 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 140
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Horace's Other Fantasy StuffAdmiral 05-15-2019

Well, if you retouch them you'll get the chance to do more than fill the gaps. It'll let you sculpt on some fur texture on the bare upper portions of the plastic gaps (result of moulds without undercuts). Wink

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting Deadline 3rd of July  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 05-15-2019 05:00 PM by Admiral.

05-15-2019 05:00 PM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 31

RE: Horace's Other Fantasy StuffJasko 05-16-2019

Admiral Wrote:

Abecedar Wrote:
Flowers is for Elvsessss.

Still cracks me up Tongue Wink

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
05-16-2019 04:46 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 66

RE: Horace's Other Fantasy Stuffboyfights 05-16-2019

Daaaang these are nice, great job! Shock

I love the look of those flowers but I'm not sure they're appropriate for my dark lands project Sad Maybe I could do Kill Team on a "garden world" Big Grin

05-16-2019 06:33 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hood`s non-fantasy stuff (Krios Venator 10-april) TheHoodedMan 106 17,262 05-02-2017 08:24 AM
Last Post: Cloister
  Ravenswood's fantasy stuff Ravenswood 28 13,053 12-31-2014 09:20 PM
Last Post: Yodrin

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites