Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XXXIII
Author MessageGolden Hat XXXIII
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 628
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
Golden Hat XXXIIIAdmiral 07-16-2019

"A brave new world."

Warcolours & AtomTaylor Presents: The 33rd Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Warcolours! The gold winner will receive a €30 store coupon at Warcolours, courtesy of Poison:

Furthermore, this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by AtomTaylor's OldHammer Miniatures & Wargaming! The silver winner will receive this unpainted and unassembled Boar Centaur kit:

While the bronze winner will receive a kit of 15mm Bak-kak-ku from Tjub and Admiralty Miniatures:

Subject Matter: Your own vision of Chaos Dwarfs!

For this contest we want you to enter with your very own vision for how Chaos Dwarfs (or their lackeys and creations) look like. This theme is particularly with Age of Sigmar in mind, since it's a brave new world of a setting, and very much open for weird new takes. Of course, your own vision for Chaos/Infernal/Abyssal Dwarfs, for whatever setting other than Age of Sigmar, is just as welcome. See this as an open contest with an invitation to get experimental, if you like to think outside the box. All manner of scales allowed. One or more models an/or terrain pieces; you yourself set the upper limit. You may of course include non-Chaos Dwarf models and/or terrain pieces, such as enemies fighting your visionary Dawi Zharr. Build a diorama if you like!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral and he'll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion. You may include plinths and display bases if you want.

Specifics
Subject: Your own vision of Chaos Dwarfs in Age of Sigmar.
Bases: Up to your discretion.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM September 23rd, 2019 EST (Eastern Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 9 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact Admiral. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet, e.g. with Imgur. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win paints and miniatures! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 07-17-2019 01:27 PM by Admiral.

07-16-2019 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Reaver of Uzkulak
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 118
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIReaver of Uzkulak 07-16-2019

Shock Great concept for a competition! Time to stoke the creative forges. Really looking forward to seeing the different ways everyone spins this theme. Evil idea

Army Blog: Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet

Other miniature projects on Instagram

This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 06:39 PM by Reaver of Uzkulak .

07-16-2019 06:38 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 42
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIDînadan 07-16-2019

Hmm, in the process of getting back into BFG and was considering adding some Chaos Demiurg/Squats to my fleet at some point; might have to consider bringing those plans forwards for this comp. 🤔

Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

07-16-2019 07:03 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIAdmiral 07-16-2019

Looking forward to all the strangeness to come here. Big Grin

To summarize, this comp is open for whatever CD shenanigans you can think of, and bonus points if it's something out of the ordinary.

Cheers

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
07-16-2019 07:39 PM
Reaver of Uzkulak
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 118
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIReaver of Uzkulak 07-16-2019

Dînadan Wrote:
Hmm, in the process of getting back into BFG and was considering adding some Chaos Demiurg/Squats to my fleet at some point; might have to consider bringing those plans forwards for this comp. 🤔

Wink

Fantastic idea, custom BFG minis are so cool and rarely seen these days. Evil idea

Army Blog: Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet

Other miniature projects on Instagram
07-16-2019 08:12 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1521
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIItjub 07-17-2019

Oh, cool! I should be entering this in some way... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

07-17-2019 01:32 AM
Jasko
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 48

RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIJasko 07-17-2019

Ufff, typical Chaos Dwarf behavior, from one contest to the next, no respite Tongue
I'll have to see whether I can cook something up.

Chaos Dwarf Showcase: Legion of Jaskorh
Offtopic Showcase: Night Goblin Auxiliaries
Hobby Blog: ijasko @ Wordpress
07-17-2019 04:37 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 720
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIFuggit Khan 07-17-2019

F yeah!
An open theme Golden Hat with whatever interpretation of Chaos Dwarfs is a wet dream nerdgasm!
Sorry, my modeling brain is getting carried away  Wink
Thanks Admiral for such a cool open theme, I was secretly sacrificing slaves in hopes of this, after your cryptic hint about the upcoming GH

Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
07-17-2019 04:55 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIAdmiral 07-17-2019

All credit goes to Grimstonefire for coming up with the theme. Happy

Cheers

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
07-17-2019 10:37 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1339
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIZanko 07-17-2019

Oh, my goodness... again I have no idea what to do! Sad

Let's see if I can come up with something extraordinary in the next few days ... should probably not remember the 3rd edition models! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

07-17-2019 01:03 PM
Uther the unhinged
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 502
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIUther the unhinged 07-17-2019

Come Igor, our masters speak again. We need to provide more troops for the great temple. Yes Igor I know. But apparently we have been too conservative, too mundane in our thinking. We must think outside the forge, some red sky thinking is required. Yes yes and a lot of slaves of course!

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110
07-17-2019 03:56 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIGrimstonefire 07-17-2019

Interesting!

It's very, very rare that I firmly commit to any competition these days....  But I will enter this.  Be rude not to really, being inspired by me! Big Grin

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
07-17-2019 06:11 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIJackswift 07-20-2019

A very cool theme.  Somewhat stumped as to what to enter right now, but will figure it out.  Crazy long contest timeframe there!

07-20-2019 12:22 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1664
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIAbecedar 07-21-2019

My image of what Chaos Dwarfs are.

Your wish is my command!

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-21-2019 01:03 AM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 214
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIZanthrax 07-28-2019

Great theme - have something almost ready to go #controversial

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com/2017/1...chaos.html
07-28-2019 06:33 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIAbecedar 07-30-2019

Abecedar Wrote:
My image of what Chaos Dwarfs are.

Your wish is my command!

Your wish may be my command but the plan I'm trying to execute is proving harder than first thought.  That One little detail that the whole idea hinges upon.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-30-2019 03:51 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Quick question.  Having never done a plinth before, can it have a title on it?

Quote:
Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry.
Unquote:

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-30-2019 03:58 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIAdmiral 07-30-2019

Abecedar Wrote:
Quick question.  Having never done a plinth before, can it have a title on it?

Quote:
Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry.
Unquote:

Yes, sure!

As far as no additional text is concerned, it's usually about typing in text digitally overlaying the entry pictures (eg. Comic bubbles) Plinths with plaques or other crafted or painted text is fair game. Happy

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
07-30-2019 04:42 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Thanks Admiral.  My brilliant plan is currently stalled but I am not giving up.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-30-2019 07:08 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat XXXIIIAbecedar 08-02-2019

Still thinkin'.  Probably going back to basics and start again.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-02-2019 06:53 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend