Post Reply  Post Thread 
Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)
Author MessageHybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 593
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Admiral 10-13-2019

From here. Something for our mad scientists, perhaps?

Warhammer-Fan Wrote:
Has anyone decided to make an experimental slave race of the Chaos Dwarfs as a twisted fusion of Greenskin and Beastman? Like Minotorks or Ungorblins?

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
10-13-2019 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 672
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Uther the unhinged 10-13-2019

Interesting concept. Mind you the last bug breeding program (black IRC’s) went pear shaped. You would have to think what attributes you wanted. I could see Minotaur and ogres ( brighter Minotaur possibly less organised (and thus less likely to organise) ogres. MInotaurs and orcs could just make Black minotaurs..... not good. Best Igors and orcs......possibly ferocious less likely to organise orcs, but why not just orcs? Now chaos hounds and giant wolves could be pretty. Trouble is we have got scared but clever hobgobs, strong but dumb orcs and stronger but dumber ogres. If you make things too clever or strong you get problems (see above!).

Having said that you could take hobgoblins and ...er... enhance them a little cyborg-wise. I already have plans for metal legged fast Hingis with pistols (40k Gretchen) to count as Kairic acolytes in my bizarre counts as disciple of Tzeench cd army. Still not sure if the should have 2 or 3 metal legs. We will see.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
10-13-2019 01:01 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 71
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Dînadan 10-13-2019

Question is, what races in the Warhammer World are actually able to interbreed?  Unlike in D&D I don’t think there are any canon examples of inter-species breeding.  And if there are, it’ll probably be back from second or third Ed, so it’s canonisity would be dubious.

At most I think humans and beastmen might be able to breed considering some beastmen are born to human parents or mutate from humans.

I think what would be more likely would be sorcerers using alchemy and sorcery to modify an existing race and breed those (similar to the creations of Clan Moulder for the Skaven).

Ultimately I think it’d come down to pragmatism - is there a need for a new race or a niche that existing ones don’t fill?  If there isn’t then I don’t think Chaos Dwarfs would bother with such experiments, especially given the failure of the Black Orc experiment.

Given this line of thought, what do we have:
Hobgoblins - canonically overseers of other slaves
Goblins - weak but numerous
Orcs - strong and somewhat numerous
Ogres - stronger than orcs, but have high dietary requirements
Humans - between goblins and orcs in strength
Dwarfs - probably not used for slave labour; Dawi Zharr ‘slaves’ are probably all packed off to the Infernal Guard, while vanilla Dwarfs are probably tortured/executed in the case of males and used as concubines in the case of females considering the gender disparity and low dwarf birth rate
Elves - again not likely used for labour; probably either tortured or used as ingredients for alchemy, sorcery, etc
Ungors - strength similar to humans but less disciplined.
Gors - on par with orcs
Minotaurs - like ogres but more savage and lower food upkeep
Trolls - ogre strength but stupider; given troll meat is a vanilla dwarf delicacy would probably be used as livestock.
Giant wolves and Chaos Hounds - probably given to the Hobgoblins to use as mounts.
Squigs - too unpredictable to be any use
Giants - stronger and dumber than ogres; probably used as a heavy lifter for mining, construction, etc
Various monsters - probably used as pets and/or mounts of the wealthy and as alchemical/sorcery ingredients

Anything I’ve missed?

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

10-13-2019 09:16 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Abecedar 10-13-2019

Dînadan Wrote:
Question is, what races in the Warhammer World are actually able to interbreed?  Unlike in D&D I don’t think there are any canon examples of inter-species breeding.  And if there are, it’ll probably be back from second or third Ed, so it’s canonisity would be dubious.

At most I think humans and beastmen might be able to breed considering some beastmen are born to human parents or mutate from humans.

I think what would be more likely would be sorcerers using alchemy and sorcery to modify an existing race and breed those (similar to the creations of Clan Moulder for the Skaven).

Ultimately I think it’d come down to pragmatism - is there a need for a new race or a niche that existing ones don’t fill?  If there isn’t then I don’t think Chaos Dwarfs would bother with such experiments, especially given the failure of the Black Orc experiment

Trolls - ................... given troll meat is a vanilla dwarf delicacy would probably be used as livestock.

I agree with pretty much all of that.  Was it Mudat's half Orc Mercenaries from the 3rd Ed. Dogs of war regiments?

But "Troll Meat" yuch.

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 10:25 PM by Abecedar.

10-13-2019 10:24 PM
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Dînadan 10-13-2019

You say yuck, but it’s actually a fairly sustainable food source - no need to slaughter the livestock, just hack chunks out and let it regen before hacking more out.

10-13-2019 10:42 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)tjub 10-14-2019

In the Kings of War-fluff Abyssal Dwarfs created the Ratmen as slaves, which in turn escaped... Not sure what the "ingredients" were other than black magic and alchemy.

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

10-14-2019 12:07 AM
Dînadan

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Dînadan 10-14-2019

tjub Wrote:
In the Kings of War-fluff Abyssal Dwarfs created the Ratmen as slaves, which in turn escaped... Not sure what the "ingredients" were other than black magic and alchemy.

Presumably men and rats...no, wait, that’d make manrats...

😜

10-14-2019 06:24 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Abecedar 10-14-2019

Dînadan Wrote:
You say yuck, but it’s actually a fairly sustainable food source - no need to slaughter the livestock, just hack chunks out and let it regen before hacking more out.

Don't you remember what happened to Grom?

Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-14-2019 06:33 PM
Dînadan

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Dînadan 10-14-2019

Abecedar Wrote:

Dînadan Wrote:

Don't you remember what happened to Grom?

He gained the ability to regenerate.  Besides, I’m sure it’s perfectly safe if properly cooked...

10-14-2019 08:35 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Abecedar 10-15-2019

I forgot about the having to cook the troll meat bit!

Just had to read the Saga of grom the Paunch again.
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki...the_Paunch

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 10-15-2019 02:55 AM by Abecedar.

10-15-2019 02:55 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Admiral 10-29-2019

Forwarding from him:

Warhammer-Fan Wrote:
Looking at what they think, I don't mean interbreeding. I mean injecting Orkoid Fungus directly into a developing human embryo to create Half-Orcs. Same with hybrids of Ogres and Beastmen.

As to means, sorcery is usually the magical ingredient. Happy

Cheers

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
10-29-2019 07:13 AM
Dînadan

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Dînadan 10-29-2019

Are Greenskins fungi in Fantasy?  Thought that was only a 40k thing...

10-29-2019 08:22 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)tjub 10-29-2019

Dînadan Wrote:
Are Greenskins fungi in Fantasy?  Thought that was only a 40k thing...

In AoS its quite possible, Im not 100 sure it really say that they are. But I think so... Its more like the tend to "pop up", Squigs come from fungi spore though. It sas in the Gloomspite Gitz Battletome.

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

10-29-2019 12:03 PM
gsteelwraith
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 9

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)gsteelwraith 11-04-2019

Dînadan Wrote:

Ultimately I think it’d come down to pragmatism - is there a need for a new race or a niche that existing ones don’t fill?  If there isn’t then I don’t think Chaos Dwarfs would bother with such experiments, especially given the failure of the Black Orc experiment.

Given this line of thought, what do we have:
Hobgoblins - canonically overseers of other slaves
Goblins - weak but numerous
Orcs - strong and somewhat numerous
Ogres - stronger than orcs, but have high dietary requirements
Humans - between goblins and orcs in strength
Dwarfs - probably not used for slave labour; Dawi Zharr ‘slaves’ are probably all packed off to the Infernal Guard, while vanilla Dwarfs are probably tortured/executed in the case of males and used as concubines in the case of females considering the gender disparity and low dwarf birth rate
Elves - again not likely used for labour; probably either tortured or used as ingredients for alchemy, sorcery, etc
Ungors - strength similar to humans but less disciplined.
Gors - on par with orcs
Minotaurs - like ogres but more savage and lower food upkeep
Trolls - ogre strength but stupider; given troll meat is a vanilla dwarf delicacy would probably be used as livestock.
Giant wolves and Chaos Hounds - probably given to the Hobgoblins to use as mounts.
Squigs - too unpredictable to be any use
Giants - stronger and dumber than ogres; probably used as a heavy lifter for mining, construction, etc
Various monsters - probably used as pets and/or mounts of the wealthy and as alchemical/sorcery ingredients

Anything I’ve missed?

Well, we know they tried using Skaven as slaves (the old Chaos Dwarf Army Book is my reference here), but given their perfidiousness, Chaos Dwarves simply kill them rather than bother taking them as slaves.

To me, any slaves that are created should be relatively fecund, but need to be able to handle the iron discipline of being legionnaires. They need to create something along the lines of the Uruk-hai from Lord of the Rings. Perhaps cross-breeding Hobgoblins and Orcs to get the Fighting Uruk-hai, might do the trick.

11-04-2019 07:53 PM
Uther the truly unhinged
Slave

Slaves: 1

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Uther the truly unhinged 11-05-2019

@Gsteelwraith: I am not sure about iron disciplined slaves. The problem with the black orcs was precisely that they could organise. Thinking about slave races, if you just consider those for war you have to think what we lack. We have elite heavy armoured infantry, light infantry and light cavalry (hobgoblins). We have artillery. We have super heavy cavalry (BCs in LoA). We have super heavy infantry (Kdaii). What do we lack? Heavy cavalry certainly. There is a boarcentaur shaped hole in our forces. You could also make a case for more resilient super heavy infantry eg ogres/Minotaurs and lastly light aerial troops. You could use furies but I do like the idea of winged Hobgoblins or gnoblars. Could harpies breed with gnoblars?

11-05-2019 03:20 PM
Dînadan

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Dînadan 11-05-2019

Heavy Cav could be filled if they retconned the old Bull Centaurs back in with those being ‘regular’ bull centaurs and the larger Renders being something like ‘exalted’ ones or even older ones (perhaps make the retcon be that bull centaurs constantly grow throughout their lives and the only reason there aren’t any giant sized ones is that they all meet a violent end before they get old enough).

11-05-2019 04:30 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Admiral 01-28-2020

Some more ideas:

Warhammer-Fan Wrote:
Remember how I suggested the Chaos Dwarfs injecting a needle-full of Orcoid Fungus into a developing human embryo to create Half-Orcs, Half-Goblins, and Half-Hobgoblins randomly? What about doing the same to Ogre fetuses to make Orogs, half-orc half-ogre? Or trolls. Trollblins, Hobtrollblins, Ogroblins. Basically, a demented menagerie of mutant troglodytic hybrids of alien fungus and beastly primitive humanoids. Then there could be mutants among the Orcs, Goblins, and Hobgoblins from their spores developing in lands tainted by Chaps down to the very soil they develop within, and Chaos Dwarf & Vermin flesh-vats where mixtures of warpstone and unlucky slaves and captured beasts are churned together into Chaos-Spawn esque monsters comparable to Rat-Ogres. Further mechanical upgrades by demented Daemon-Smiths could create truly unique encounters for someone with enough spare parts and imagination to make.

Etsy shop

01-28-2020 06:57 AM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Slaves: 672
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Hybrid Slave Race Idea From Warhammer-Fan (Deviantart)Uther the unhinged 01-28-2020

Oh absolutely! The joy of CDs is that an individual sorceror/daemonsmith could create a whole army of bizarre creatures to serve and fight for them.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
01-28-2020 02:16 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blood Bowl Chaos dwarf sheet and more art. (found on Deviantart) Obsidian 2 3,201 06-17-2010 10:31 AM
Last Post: Obsidian
  Which race is more populus-Chaos or regular dwarves? Kloofpumph 5 2,199 02-06-2010 09:47 PM
Last Post: Bassman
  The influence technological of the CD's in other race Henroth 14 3,817 07-13-2009 04:19 AM
Last Post: Henroth

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites