Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Remarshalling of Uzkulak
Author MessageThe Remarshalling of Uzkulak
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 52
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
The Remarshalling of UzkulakDînadan 11-12-2019

So, after a long break from working on my Chaos Dwarf Army I’ve decided to return to it and refresh it, and as part of that refresh I’ve decided to wipe the slate and start a new blog.

Spent today starting to work it by starting on a couple of characters.  First up the army Overlord:

The base model is the Greywater Fastness Warden (Belegar Ironhammer to us longbeards) with the hat from a 4th ed Chaos Dwarf Hero, as are the axe blades (had one spare blade from a conversion I made years ago to be a CD BloodBowl coach) and the shield from a plastic Ancient Greek hoplite.  My plan is to sculpt a nose, pair of tusks and a lower lip over the mask and sculpt coils over the beard and scale armour in place of the mail.  I’m also considering lopping off his shins to make him shorter as he’s considerably taller than the old Big Hats who will be making up the bulk of the army.  I’ll probably also add a skull or other such ornament on top of the hat.

Next is the BSB:

Base is the hero that so kindly donated his hat and axe to the Overlord.  I was initially considering using him as the Overlord but couldn’t find something satisfactory to use as a Daemonsmith, so decided to get the aforementioned plastic to use as the Overlord and bumped this guy down to BSB (and the Champion mini I was planning on using as the BSB got reassigned to be said Daemonsmith).  The replacement weapon is from the Ironbreaker/Irondrakes kit (who I’ll be using to kitbash a unit of Immortals), with the plan to be to incorporate the hammerhead from the Belegar mini on the reverse of the axe.  Not sure where the shield is from; think it might be an old Orc shield.  Originally I was going to have him holding a standard but then decided as this mini still had the back banner that these old CD characters had I’d use that as the battle standard instead, but as the poles weren’t perfectly straight I’ve decided to opt to replace them with wire pikes (I’ll cut the length down to a more suitable size; might also remove the pike tips or cover them with something as I know from personal experience those things can be painful if you’re not careful, lol).  Hat is obviously a push pin and may or may not be a place holder, haven’t decided yet.

That’s it for now in regards to pictures, will add more as I do more work.  In the pipeline are:
A Sorcerer-Prophet on palanquin (unlikely to take to the field much, but doing it because I think it’ll be a nice conversion)
A Sorcerer-Prophet on foot (uses an AoW Runepriest; is from the previous iteration of my army and for the most part is done, will just be repositioning his arms/staff so I can enlarge his hat so as not to be overshadowed by the common grunts)
A Daemonsmith as mentioned previously (will be replacing the left hand which is currently sculpted to hold a shield; haven’t fully decided what it’ll be replaced by yet)
A second Daemonsmith (no conversion work needed, will just be repainted from the previous colour scheme I used on him)
A unit of warriors with great axes (the old plastic CDs, some with hat swaps with the blunderbusses; conversion work was done previously so will just need painting)
A unit of warriors with axe and shield (to be converted from the BfSP dwarfs)
Two units of blunderbusses (some with hat swaps with the plastic warriors as mentioned above; for the most part will just need repainting although the command group for one still needs to be converted)
Some Bazukas (to be purchased from Admiralty Miniatures when I have the funds; the spare hats will be used on the axe and board unit)
A Deathshrieker (using the 4th ed Death Rocket mini; using as is with the addition of an old BB CD as the third crewman)
A unit of Immortals (converted from Ironbreakers/Irondrakes with the great weapons from hammerers)
A Dreadquake Mortar (current plan is to use the conversion I made for the previous iteration of my army; never got around to painting it.  Will need crew converted unless I luck out and manage to snag some extra Death Rocket crew off eBay)
A Siege Giant (using a limited edition resin casting of a Mantic Ghoul; it’s a 3-up they sold many years back that I won off of eBay years ago)

I also have a boatload of 4th ed goblins who will be becoming hobgoblins for a 1k Hobgoblin Army.  In the distant future I’m hoping to expand it up to 2k with a bunch of hobbos on wolves; need to get the CDs and the hobbos on foot done first, then need to source minis with the right look.

And on top of all this, I backed Admiralty Miniature Tjubgob Kickstarter so will have a boatload if 15mm Tjubgob and Tjublings arriving before long.

11-12-2019 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1539
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The Remarshalling of Uzkulaktjub 11-13-2019

Wonderful, looking forward to this! What do you plan to use them as? Or rather what system I guess? Happy
...that BSB looks a bit dangerous IMO, quite an eye poker you have created there. Shock

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

11-13-2019 01:27 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: The Remarshalling of Uzkulaktjub 11-13-2019

Dînadan Wrote:
And on top of all this, I backed Admiralty Miniature Tjubgob Kickstarter so will have a boatload if 15mm Tjubgob and Tjublings arriving before long.

Oh, cool that makes me glad. I hope to see another army the size of Duncans! Cheers!
What are your plans for them?

11-13-2019 01:28 AM
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Remarshalling of UzkulakDînadan 11-13-2019

Thanks Tjub.  The 28mm stuff is going to be used for 8th ed Fantasy.  My current plans for the 15mm stuff is Saga Age of Magic*, although I plan on basing them in such a way to give some flexibility (I’m planning on putting them on 10mm bases, and then putting three onto a 20mm base; ruleswise each base of three will only be one model, but by multibasing it’ll look more impressive).

*dependant on being able to get others at my club to do 15mm, so they might end up just being a little *ahem* side project just for fun.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

11-13-2019 07:23 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: The Remarshalling of UzkulakAdmiral 11-13-2019

Nice to see you're fully back now! Takes Hat off

Nice use of the hoplon, and good plan to add a skull to the top of the banner poles. Great conversions so far!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
11-13-2019 07:58 AM
Dînadan

Thanks Admiral. Happy

11-13-2019 08:11 AM
Dînadan

Managed to get a little more work done on these guys today.  Glued the overlord’s body, shield and weapon together and glued the hat to his head; added a row of skulls to the top and crowned it with one of the bull head icons from the back banner.  I also removed the shins to make him the same height as the BSB.

Assembled a new back banner to be the BSB’s battle standard using the shield/backpack of the regular back banner, wire pikes, chain, some Skaven shields and skulls from the GW skull kit.  Have also glued his weapon together.

This post was last modified: 11-13-2019 05:06 PM by Dînadan.

11-13-2019 05:05 PM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 609
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: The Remarshalling of UzkulakUther the unhinged 11-13-2019

Oh man. I love the suspended skull back banner. Inspired. Also the hat body ratio for the overlord is perfect with the skulls. Uzukalak ‘never knowingly under hatred’.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
11-13-2019 05:25 PM
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 609
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: The Remarshalling of UzkulakUther the unhinged 11-13-2019

Under hatted. Hashut I hate predictive text!!!

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
11-13-2019 05:26 PM
Dînadan

Thanks Uther.

11-13-2019 05:27 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: The Remarshalling of Uzkulaktjub 11-14-2019

I like all the skulls, good call there. And dark! Takes Hat off

11-14-2019 01:12 AM
Dînadan

RE: The Remarshalling of UzkulakDînadan 11-14-2019

Well they do come from the Great Skull Land, so I’m sure they’ve got plenty laying around. Tongue Wink

11-14-2019 01:22 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites