Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of Azgorh
Author MessageRed's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of Azgorh
Red
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 34

Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhRed 01-13-2020

Hey all, glad to finally join, been lurking for a little bit now.

I started getting hyped about chaos dwarves/azgorh a bit back in fall, but I couldn't really start collecting / making anything as they're not the most easily accessible army, and my time is fairly limited by university. I like to 3d model in blender as a hobby, and come winter break, the last two weeks I've been pumping out some stuff I thought might be cool to share.

Stuff That's Done (For the Most Part)
I started by modelling an infernal guard based on images.

Added a fireglaive gun, made two poses with it, and made a variety of interchangeable heads.

Drummer

I made a magma cannon model, I might come back later and add some flames at the end, but it's not a priority.

A model that branches off more from the forgeworld line, I made a bighat daemonsmith that I honestly enjoyed making enough that I might make bighat heads for the infernal guard models in the future.

Here's the lot I've printed on my anycubic photon so far, 3 cannons, daemonsmith, and 20 some guard. Apologies for the poor quality photo.

Stuff In the works

Hobgoblin, I'm still messing with proportions, but I've actually put a skeleton on him so that I can actively pose the body/face, depending on what I need the model to be doing.

Skull Cracker

I need to make crew for the war machines, and I figure I'll also be looking to model stand ins for ironsworn, a standard bearer, deathmask, k'daai, and bull centaurs in the future.

Thanks for having a look, I'm down for any comments or criticisms. I've learned a lot making these, and I hope to put a bit more of a personal spin on the army as I continue modelling in the future.

Imgur for the full-sized images: https://imgur.com/a/SodCqQg?

I should note I have no intention of giving out files right now. Maybe In the future I'll look at the stuff that's a bit more unique like the daemonsmith, but right now it's all for my own use.

This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 04:12 PM by Red.

01-13-2020 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Uther the unhinged
Great Taurus

Slaves: 672
Scribe's Contest Silver Best Overall Member - 2018 Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhUther the unhinged 01-13-2020

Woah they look well, professional. Love the big hat daemonsmith, have fun with big hat troopers. Can’t wait to see some paint on them.

An AoS creation myth: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17414

Uthers’ legions of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=17110

Bosom of Hashut: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=18010
01-13-2020 04:32 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhAdmiral 01-13-2020

Wow, impressive! I especially look forward to see you put more of your own distinct mark upon future designs. Happy

If this would be of any help to spark ideas for detail designs, then here are some compilations that might be of interest for inspiration (especially the homebrew stuff is wildly varied in style):

Compilation of Homebrew Chaos Dwarf Artwork
Chaos Dwarf Runes
Illustrations of Ancient Mesopotamia (historical basis for CD design?)
Illustrations of Scythians (Hobgobs?)

Just in case of interest. We have a budding list of free 3D-printing files for Chaos Dwarfs for whenever you wish to put up your more unique designs. Fame and glory will be yours! Wink

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 01-13-2020 08:36 PM by Admiral.

01-13-2020 08:32 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of Azgorhtjub 01-14-2020

Oh, impressive to say the least! Prefer your big hat design there, but everything looks really good. Do you have any pic of them painted up?

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

01-14-2020 01:04 AM
Red
Slave

RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhRed 01-14-2020

Thanks for the kind words guys, I've made a quick collection of images of individual models/closeups

http://imgur.com/a/1ajTCps,

Hope it's a bit better for you, even if the photos are not the best, the best camera I have is on my tablet, and it's really awkward. I'm not dead set on the paint scheme, I usually try to mix it up a bit, but the models lend themselves to the red/gold or dark colors I feel.

Admiral Wrote:
Wow, impressive! I especially look forward to see you put more of your own distinct mark upon future designs. Happy

If this would be of any help to spark ideas for detail designs, then here are some compilations that might be of interest for inspiration (especially the homebrew stuff is wildly varied in style):

Compilation of Homebrew Chaos Dwarf Artwork
Chaos Dwarf Runes
Illustrations of Ancient Mesopotamia (historical basis for CD design?)
Illustrations of Scythians (Hobgobs?)

Just in case of interest. We have a budding list of free 3D-printing files for Chaos Dwarfs for whenever you wish to put up your more unique designs. Fame and glory will be yours! Wink

Anyway, keep up the good work!

This forum has certainly done a lot to spark ideas, I was quick referencing the runes page when I put runes on the shoulder plates and the daemonsmith's hat. The threads you linked, as well as many others, and really just the website in general is a trove of inspiration and resources for modelling.

This post was last modified: 01-14-2020 03:23 AM by Red.

01-14-2020 02:50 AM
Sjoerdo
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 106
Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhSjoerdo 01-14-2020

Wow that really looks impressive! I guess there is some truth to the suggested future business model for GW beeing to sell 3d designs and have people print them themselves Shock

Would love to see you do some original work less influenced by current GW designs!

keep it up Cheers!

ps. change the feet on the hobgob Evil idea

01-14-2020 03:38 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of Azgorhcornixt 01-14-2020

I don't think that I would have noticed that those painted ones weren't GW models if you hadn't stated it. You've done a great job at imitating the style. I look forward to seeing more of your own designs and custom models. Have you done any for other armies or games?

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

01-14-2020 04:20 PM
Red
Slave

RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhRed 01-14-2020

cornixt Wrote:
I don't think that I would have noticed that those painted ones weren't GW models if you hadn't stated it. You've done a great job at imitating the style. I look forward to seeing more of your own designs and custom models. Have you done any for other armies or games?

Mostly 40k stuff, since you asked, here's a random assortment of images I had on standby

https://imgur.com/a/OxrlecD

There's quite a bit more than that, most models I've made a few extra poses and variations for. It's roughly in order from earlier to most recent, and spans back ~5 months as I wasn't modelling much before I got my printer in july.

This post was last modified: 01-14-2020 04:57 PM by Red.

01-14-2020 04:55 PM
Sadin2912
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 1

RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhSadin2912 01-16-2020

Very nice models!

Cant wait to see your other creations Happy

01-16-2020 08:26 AM
Antenor
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 70

RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhAntenor 01-17-2020

Love the Daemonsmith! I think that using similarly big-hatted heads for the Infernal Guards is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing them Takes Hat off

My Chaos Dwarf army: Azrubal's Host

Side Project: Bronze Age Fantasy
01-17-2020 03:54 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Red's 3D Modelled Chaos Dwarves/ Legion of AzgorhAbecedar 01-19-2020

Looks great. Very clever

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-19-2020 11:00 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Black Fortress Immortal's Legion of Azgorh Black_Fortress_Immortal 155 23,373 06-06-2020 04:00 AM
Last Post: tjub
  Dark's Legion of Chaos Dwarves (Robu, Bull Centaurs & Harlot March 10, 2017) Darkmeer 26 8,543 03-16-2017 08:56 AM
Last Post: Darkmeer
  The Legion of Azgorh - Zaramuskharaz' Chaos Dwarfs and their Infernal Machines Zaramuskharaz 18 4,650 03-05-2017 02:42 PM
Last Post: Pazuzu
  Legion of Azgorh - Through the Fire and the Flames... m0rg0th 20 11,460 07-28-2015 07:24 AM
Last Post: m0rg0th
  Fire and Ash - My Legion of Azgorh Grollbringer 20 10,272 03-22-2015 02:02 PM
Last Post: Yodrin

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites