Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!
Author MessageNew CDO Forum - Come help us test it!
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1559
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!tjub 02-15-2020

@Zanko: Ok, there was a cap on topics created in the first 24h. I upped it a fair bit, so now you can post again. Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

02-15-2020 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1392
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Zanko 02-15-2020

One more question - how long can I edit a post in the new forum?

Here (and in the German forum which I use mostly) I can edit my posts all time which I like a lot cause I can give my thread a cool structure with all new apinted models in the 1st posts.

You can see it here

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

02-15-2020 01:29 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!tjub 02-15-2020

Zanko Wrote:

Here (and in the German forum which I use mostly) I can edit my posts all time which I like a lot cause I can give my thread a cool structure with all new apinted models in the 1st posts.

You can see it here

Hashut!

As far as I know there's no limit?

02-15-2020 04:47 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Zanko 02-15-2020

tjub Wrote:

Zanko Wrote:

You can see it here

Hashut!

This is under "Badges / Editor", so I thought there would be a time limit for editing a thread:

Editor
This badge is granted the first time you edit one of your posts. While you won’t be able to edit your posts forever, editing is encouraged — you can improve the formatting, fix small mistakes, or add anything you missed when you originally posted. Edit to make your posts even better!

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

02-15-2020 05:02 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 588
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Admiral 02-15-2020

It would be highly preferable to always be able to edit posts.

Great going, lads. Happy

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
02-15-2020 06:09 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!tjub 02-16-2020

Zanko Wrote:

tjub Wrote:

Zanko Wrote:

You can see it here

Hashut!

This is under "Badges / Editor", so I thought there would be a time limit for editing a thread:

Editor
This badge is granted the first time you edit one of your posts. While you won’t be able to edit your posts forever, editing is encouraged — you can improve the formatting, fix small mistakes, or add anything you missed when you originally posted. Edit to make your posts even better!

Hashut!

Yes, that is the default for the forum. But its changed to "forever", so people can set up their threads the way they like.

02-16-2020 05:09 AM
Reaver of Uzkulak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 158
Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Reaver of Uzkulak 02-16-2020

tjub Wrote:
Yes, that is the default for the forum. But its changed to "forever", so people can set up their threads the way they like.

Good to hear! that is desperately needed. Pirate

Army Blog: Plunder for the Ironclad Fleet

Other miniature projects on Instagram
02-16-2020 12:52 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Zanko 02-16-2020

Will the new forum also have a "Board Statistics" like this one? Personally, I think that would be quite nice.

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

02-16-2020 01:09 PM
Moloch
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 37

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Moloch 02-17-2020

Hi Guys,

I tried it very quickly and it's nice to have a mobile platform but I was a little bit confused.
I surelly missed something in the above comments but what about all the posts that are here in the classic forum? are they going to be part of the new app after the test period?

I must get used to the coloured side bar for categories but it's a nice graphic solution.

Moloch

02-17-2020 07:26 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Admiral 02-17-2020

All the treasure contents (wiki, Word of Hashut, image compilations, contest libraries, stories and art, tutorials, homebrew army books, CD runes and so on) will be moved over to the new site. Manually.

Members will have to restart their army logs on the new site, but most of CDO's past in pictures will be transferred wholesale. Much of that work was completed back in 2017, the year of the Photobucket crisis: See Carven Images (10 years of CDO). Ready to be copy-pasted to the new site.

Later this year we will undertake a careful sweep for gems and content that must be carried over wholesale. The new site will be a reboot to this, the old site. Necessary for our longevity. But we will not lose our treasures. Not at all. We hope the move of our treasures to new CDO will be fully completed by next year. Happy

Great thanks to Xander in particular for making this happen. We'd be stranded without his tech know-how.

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 02-17-2020 11:19 AM by Admiral.

02-17-2020 08:36 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Zanko 02-29-2020

One question, is there a spoiler function in the new website? If I add all the pictures of my army it will get very fast confusing and overflowing!

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

02-29-2020 09:25 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Xander 02-29-2020

There are definitely some settings to adjust who can make posts based on their trust level. I'll see what I can do to lower those so that new members can make posts. Happy

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
02-29-2020 11:13 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Admiral 03-09-2020

Stellar work with setting this up, lads! Cheers!

A new feature on CDO on Discourse is a showcase section where members' sculpted miniatures is featured. Check it out here! Tjub has done some great work at it:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/c/min...-members/9

Etsy shop

03-09-2020 10:31 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!cornixt 03-10-2020

If you are thinking it has been a bit quiet on here lately, it is because most people are posting on the new forums. It works really well.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

03-10-2020 04:51 PM
MadHatter
Zharr-Naggrund Fancyhat

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 231
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!MadHatter 03-11-2020

pushing a bit for this in the new BAD BATTLEREPORTS #2! https://youtu.be/HgHZ8DUV5VQ

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
BAD BATTLEREPORTS
03-11-2020 12:10 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!clam 03-21-2020

I've signed up for the new forum. Anyone experience same problem as I? Lots of pictures (especially in your "Tjub's blog", Tjub) aint showing, but I can right click on those missing pictures and when opening link in another window a "chaos-dwarfs.com/images/photobucket/tjub/"-url opens and I can see the picture? Unsure

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
03-21-2020 08:10 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Admiral 03-21-2020

I have the same problem, especially for Tjub's blog. I wonder what it comes from? Will notify our tech overlord Xander.

Etsy shop

03-21-2020 10:33 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!tjub 03-22-2020

I think we managed to fix that now, let me know if is still a problem. Send a PM on the new forum. Happy

This post was last modified: 03-22-2020 04:33 AM by tjub.

03-22-2020 04:33 AM
Goltor Lintrepide
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 65
Golden Hat - Silver Photobucket Migration                               
RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Goltor Lintrepide 06-04-2020

Do I need to sign up a new account on the new forum? Or is my current account automatically transferred on the new forum?

Here's my army blog : http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12205
06-04-2020 11:58 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: New CDO Forum - Come help us test it!Admiral 06-04-2020

You need to sign up a new account to the new forum.

It's a brand new website. The old one is so heavily customized that it iss un-upgradable. We needed to start over. Happy

Etsy shop

06-04-2020 05:13 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites