Entry #2 28.57% 10 28.57%
Entry #3 5.71% 2 5.71%
Entry #4 2.86% 1 2.86%
Entry #5 0% 0 0%
Total 35 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Post Reply  Post Thread 
Golden Hat #4 - Voting Thread!
Author MessageGolden Hat #4 - Voting Thread!
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Golden Hat #4 - Voting Thread!Xander 01-31-2008

Below are the 5 Entries received.  In the spirit of non-biased voting, each of them is given a number.  Pick which one you like the best, and cast your vote.  All votes will be made public, and thus we shall know if people are creating accounts to vote for themselves, etc. It would also be appreciated if you tell us why you voted the way you did.  

Sorry for the delay everyone!  Time to get voting! Takes Hat off
____________________________________________________________ ________________

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5

Cast your vote now!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 01:19 PM by Xander.

01-31-2008 12:50 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadHashut's Blessing 01-31-2008

I like the bold colours and the use of chains and variety in the models of entry one, but the bold colours imply that they are very healthy and so are either fresh slaves (who would be too rebellious) or well kept (unlike my view of the slaves of CD).

I like the use of zombie parts to give them an emaciated look and I like the variety, however, I think perhaps too much variety in such a small number of models. Maybe these five races in a unit of 35+? Not sure.

Entry 3: I like the idea, but have seen them many times before and don't see them entirely as slaves.

I like the poses and the variety, but the models look somehow... dusty. I'm not a brilliant fan of the less-cleanly sculpted older models, which is what these appear to be.

Little conversion work here, although it is subtle. The painting is simple, yet neat. Improvements would be painted eyes and maybe some chains or make the cloth look more rugged and worn out.

In the end, I shall say.....

Entry number 2.

Congratulations to all for producing wonderful models and despite my criticisms (which are intended to be helpful, not hurtful) they all look brilliant and slavular to me! Now, only if I could have a unit of each so I have 5 slave units that look cool Big Grin  (P.S. Let's guess which is mine!)

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

This post was last modified: 01-31-2008 03:27 AM by Hashut's Blessing.

01-31-2008 03:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadGhrask Dragh 01-31-2008

Good entries guys! Takes Hat off
I voted for #1 because of the great use of chains, rock carrying conversion and (mainly because of) the goblin conversion!! all that is missing I think is some Whip lashes on their backs, of all of the entries these are what I think represent slaves the best.

Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog

This post was last modified: 01-31-2008 03:26 AM by Ghrask Dragh.

01-31-2008 03:24 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Akuma
Unregistered

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadAkuma 01-31-2008

I voted 2 because of the skinny dwarf slayer. That made it pop out, at least to me.

01-31-2008 04:06 AM
Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting Threadclam 01-31-2008

I hate the idea of fighting slaves (thats why I didn't even considered to enter GH IV), don't see them fitting in with CDs. But a chained pack of slaves with stones could do - my vote goes for entry #1.

And very well done everyone - great work Takes Hat off

And then I'll hope that GH V will be a true CD theme Wink

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
01-31-2008 05:21 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1179
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadWillmark 01-31-2008

I voted for number 2. All though a bit muted in terms of colors, its easy to see tell just what these guys are. Bravo to all how entered and great job all around!

My Want List / My Trade List
01-31-2008 07:08 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadGrimstonefire 01-31-2008

I like all the entries.

Entry 1 is pretty cool, After the voting is closed I'd like to see a better photo of the orc on the right of the regiment base.  Perhaps the one who did that could pm me a link Wink

Entries 4 and 5 are a little blurred, and because entry 5 isn't based it automatically wouldn't get my vote. Sorry.

I had to vote for entry 3.  Its so bizarre it really defies logic!?!?  Simple but effective I think.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
01-31-2008 09:00 AM
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadKhan! 01-31-2008

Robots or fishman.....robots or fishman.....

Well, the robots are pretty awesome, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them before, so I think I will go with fishman!  That is, #2.  Also, the emaciated slayer is pretty great.  What an ironic demise!

EDIT:  I wrote the wrong number.  /shame

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?

This post was last modified: 01-31-2008 11:20 AM by Khan!.

01-31-2008 11:19 AM
BLOOD AXE
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 24

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadBLOOD AXE 01-31-2008

I vote for #1, though #2 was a very close second.

Big hats!

This post was last modified: 01-31-2008 12:20 PM by BLOOD AXE.

01-31-2008 12:19 PM
minty
Lammasu

Slaves: 0

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting Threadminty 01-31-2008

I voted for 1, i like it he best, and that gobbo makes me laughHappy

01-31-2008 01:03 PM
ashur
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 1

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting Threadashur 01-31-2008

This one is particulary dificult since there are no cd.
Il say number 2, because of the use of zombie sprue and that wierd monster in the middle.

"The curse of Ashur, king of the gods, came over them for they sinned against the oath of the great gods. Their bodies they hung up on stakes. They flayed their skin and clad the city wall with them".
- Ashurbanipal -

Dawi'Zharr of all countries, unite !

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...67#pid8567
01-31-2008 01:50 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadKera foehunter 01-31-2008

i voted for 3  it so cool !!a robots  and a slaver robot with a chaos shield it so evil

The last of female chaos dwarf
01-31-2008 06:56 PM
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadHammerhand 02-01-2008

I voted No 1. Nicely detailed models, good paint job and effectively- a coherent unit.  I love the chains.

Congratulations to all who entered.

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......
02-01-2008 06:23 AM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadgIL^ 02-01-2008

i voted 2 fishman!

whoever convert number 3, we've seen them quite alot and wasnt unique for this comp so doesnt count in my opinion,

02-01-2008 10:48 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting ThreadIshkur Cinderhat 02-02-2008

I vote for #1, for a very good combination of lava bases, chains and miserable slaves. The conversions are IMO a little bit better executed in number 2, but I prefer strong colours over the very faded and pastel-like colours of the second entry. Kudos also to whoever made entry 3, and thumbs up for the originality of the entry. Wink These constructs are not exactly recognisable as slaves, though, so my vote goes to #1.

02-02-2008 02:00 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting Threadcornixt 02-04-2008

This is a pretty difficult one to vote on.  Like the previous competitions it amazes me how almost everyone takes a different approach.   #1 looks good, some nice converting, but they don't say much to me.  Although #3 looks great and are my favourite to look at, they lack much that ties them to CDs or even Warhammer.  I still can't decide if they are valves or fairy-light bulbs.  I've gone for #2, they look like proper slaves, unhealthy and ragged.  The appearance of a fishman is always nice!  It has really cemented in my mind that the best slaves for our army would be made from the zombie models with different heads.  This pretty much embodies what these competitions are about and that is why I've picked them.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
02-04-2008 03:35 PM
al-hashut
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 8
Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Golden Hat IV - Voting Threadal-hashut 02-06-2008

I like no1. There is some nice conversion work in no2, but in the end they were too diverse and the pastel colours were slightly offputting, great job nonetheless. No3 I'd seen before and (not to sound harsh) more effort could have been put into the actual mechanism of them, i.e how does a tripod with no knee joints move forward. I also think that a boss/slaver should not have been modelled as per the rules of the comp. No4, good effort and every figure converted. No5, not based and (bit of a cardinal sin in my book) the slaves have weapons. Have we learnt nothing from the rebellion :p

In the end i went for no4, for sheer effort. Although the result is far from perfect, it has heart

Remember the number 3: it's the number of letters you'll have to type in order bring your grammar knowledge "4ward" and become a "gr8" speller. - The Flying Beaver

This post was last modified: 02-06-2008 08:24 PM by The Flying Beaver.

02-06-2008 08:44 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XXVIII - Voting! Admiral 16 462 11-16-2017 12:31 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! Admiral 24 2,353 07-08-2017 11:56 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Golden Hat XXVI - Voting! Admiral 34 4,703 12-28-2016 06:55 PM
Last Post: Fuggit Khan
  Golden Hat XXV - Voting! Admiral 17 3,690 08-25-2016 06:41 PM