Post Reply  Post Thread 
BFSP Warrior with Hammer
Author MessageBFSP Warrior with Hammer
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
BFSP Warrior with HammerXander 03-09-2007

For my second unit of Chaos Dwarf Warriors, I am going with a new mask and look, to make the units distinct.  My second unit will be based off the Shovel Crewman from the Hellcannon.

Take a look:

I may enter this model for the contest, but I am also working on a couple of other candidates as well.  I will have to chose my favourite I suppose.  I have been asked what happens if *I* win the contest, where does the prize go?  In such a case, I will send the prize to the runner up. Happy  At least I can still enter the contest this way. Happy

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this guy. Happy

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 03-09-2007 04:58 PM by Xander.

03-09-2007 04:57 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerHashut's Blessing 03-10-2007

I REALLY like the idea of using the cog on the shield. How much and where from? (HC set at a guess...) Also, I think that CW hammerhead works surprisingly well with the model. I'd comment more, but have made myself late for work and must (literally) run now. But, it looks cool!

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-10-2007 05:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
someone2040
Unregistered

RE: BFSP Warrior with Hammersomeone2040 03-10-2007

Hrmm...
the Bib-type thing looks a bit odd going over the shield. That's just a niggling thing for me I guess, since the Hellcannon crew model it looks like it just goes flat over the beard. So my first thought would be it should be behind the shield.
Could be just me though,
but I do think the model looks really cool. The cog on the shield works as well.

03-10-2007 05:14 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerXander 03-10-2007

The cog thing I found at a hardware store.  They are 10 cents CDN each. Happy  I wish I had tons of those hammers, but I do not.  I will probably use a mix of Hammers and Picks.

The bib does extent a bit too far.  It was my first experiment with the molded bit, in truth, I should have cut a bit more off the head, making is further back.  I really like the Cog, it's 8 pointed like a Chaos Star, but it's a gear so it's quite Chaos Dwarfy. Happy

Thanks for the comments guys. Cheers!

03-10-2007 07:49 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snotling
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 26
Army Showcase Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerSnotling 03-10-2007

he is pretty cool, how long shall we wait for painted pics?

03-10-2007 09:16 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

I will probably paint him in the next few days.

03-10-2007 09:22 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerGrimstonefire 03-10-2007

On the bottom left photo, what's with that gap immediately behind his shield?

Looks like some mail should be there?

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
03-10-2007 04:06 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerThe Flying Beaver 03-10-2007

I like the look of him Xander. Your scale mail is looking better too. Unfortunately, since you've posted this guy prematurely, he won't be eligible for the contest (The rules state that entries can't have been posted previously.). Sorry...

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12

This post was last modified: 03-10-2007 04:14 PM by The Flying Beaver.

03-10-2007 04:14 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

@TFB: But he hasn't been posted previously to the announcement of the contest.  It does not state that it cannot be posted previously to the end of the contest itself.  I made this guy *for* the contest... o.O I am working on another guy, who I might be entering anyway.  

@Grim:  The gap is the side of the skirt, it looks a bit larger than it actually is.  In need of some filing, it seems.

03-10-2007 04:22 PM
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerUzkul Werit 03-10-2007

Just out of interest, how did you do the cog thingy on the shield?

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

03-10-2007 04:27 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

I checked my Hardware store for gear-like things, and I found those for 10 cents each.  Just check the nuts and bolts section. Happy

03-10-2007 04:35 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

Slaves: 0

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerThe Flying Beaver 03-10-2007

Quote:
But he hasn't been posted previously to the announcement of the contest.  It does not state that it cannot be posted previously to the end of the contest itself.  I made this guy *for* the contest... o.O I am working on another guy, who I might be entering anyway.

It's not about posting before the announcement of the contest. All contest entries will be released at the same time, and that won't be after the deadline. If you have an entry, don't post it until the deadline!

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12

This post was last modified: 03-10-2007 04:57 PM by The Flying Beaver.

03-10-2007 04:57 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

You've been warned! Tongue

Or at least I have, hehe.

03-10-2007 06:24 PM
oboudd
Unregistered

RE: BFSP Warrior with Hammeroboudd 04-08-2007

nice job
i see your still obsessed with bfsp dwarfs

04-08-2007 12:54 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerXander 04-08-2007

Obsessed? Naw, I just like to model and make conversions.  And the BFSP Warrior base is the cheapest Dwarf base available to make Chaos Dwarfs with.

04-08-2007 12:58 PM
oboudd
Unregistered

RE: BFSP Warrior with Hammeroboudd 04-08-2007

what about the normal dwarf warrior boxed set it comes with lots of extra bits

04-08-2007 01:03 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerXander 04-08-2007

As an example of cost, in Canada you can buy 16 Dwarfs for $45.  Or you can buy the BFSP set for $75 and you get 12 Dwarf Warriors, 10 Thunderers, 8 Miners, a Thane, a Cannon, a Slayer (30+ Dwarfs) in addition to 60 Night Goblins, 10 Spider Riders and more.

So for my money, it's BFSP all the way.

04-08-2007 01:18 PM
gORCUS
Unregistered

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammergORCUS 04-08-2007

I am really liking your stuff Xander.  I was going to start an OnG army next, but your site has convinced me to go with the Dawi Zharr.  The beauty of it is that I can start with the CD list, then branch out and make an OnG army and a CD themed dwarf army (in fact the only way I'd even consider dwarves).

I really like the "official" hellcannon crew look your going for, and I'm definitly stealing the cog idea. Happy  It's truly amazing what you can do with BFSP minis, though I've got my eye on the megaforce with the new miners.

04-08-2007 11:00 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerXander 04-09-2007

The Miners will soon be available in it's own box set.  

But yes, a CD army is awesome for having a combo of Dwarfs and Orcs.  I am glad you like the look I am going for.  I believe in it strongly myself, but it's good to know others agree with the direction I am heading.

04-09-2007 01:18 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Mods of Hashut
Slaves: 1271

RE: BFSP Warrior with HammerAGPO 05-19-2007

Really nice Xander Takes Hat off I too have been making models based on the shovel crewman. I've used the mask for the BfSP miners, and I'm going to try it wit hthe new miners when they come out as well. I've converted the metal crewman into a unit champion, and with the BfSP box, a box of 10 miners and my lord that makes a unit of 20 "Furnace Guard" my answer to dwarf miners. (Incidentally, I intend to use them as these when I field the army as "evil dwarfs" using the dawi list.) The only problem I had is that the mask can look a little wide when fitted to the plastic model.

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

05-19-2007 07:04 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  basic warrior conversions BFSP Rootbeer 11 3,766 08-03-2007 04:22 PM
Last Post: clam

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites