Post Reply  Post Thread 
Registration Difficulties.
Author MessageRegistration Difficulties.
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 445
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Registration Difficulties.Xander 02-16-2008

It seems that my restoration of the User Table has caused some unforeseen problems with registration.

After registering, an SQL error occurs and no Account Activation email is sent to the user.  If you log in with your unactivated account and go here:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/member...activation you should then receive your Activation Email.

I am not sure what is causing this, but it must have to do with my colossal mess-up with the User Table...  *sigh*  The only way to fix this might be a complete roll-back of the database to the December Mishap.

I will do what I can to prevent this course of action.

-Xander

Update:  This issue has been resolved!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 02-17-2008 10:27 PM by Xander.

02-16-2008 07:43 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 445
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Registration Difficulties.Xander 02-16-2008

I have resolved the issue.

I have also put a bonus question in place to prevent automated sign-ups.  The reason for the sudden influx of Spam accounts is due to the Image Verification not working.  It requires my server to have the php GD graphics library installed.  I will see about getting this done, as it seems to not be installed by default on this new host.

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
02-16-2008 10:28 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  E-mail Contact for Registration Admiral 0 859 05-13-2018 04:54 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites