Author MessageComplete classic CD collection/army
Vintagephreak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 45

Complete classic CD collection/armyVintagephreak 03-01-2008

*UPDATED March 2!*
Finally got my missing figures back which were out on display, so now I have some shots of the full army, i.e. every single original classic CD from Citadel/Marauder. After taking the pics I remembered that 7 Marauder CDs are still unfinished and I would also like to paint up some old chaos hounds for the Beastmaster. Plus I have 1 more bazuka and mortar team to paint. The army is meant to fit into my classic chaos warriors of Khorne army, so they are mostly in reds. Here they are:

Here are some closer shots:

Marauder crossbowman, used metallics on it and am considering a repaint:

The warmachines are featured in my CD army blog from before Xmas, here they are again:

Although not classic models, the Hellcannon crew are cool enough to be included:

Work in progress- last 7 Marauders, siege cannon and unreleased chaos dwarf. The flesh tone I attempted for the cannon doesn't work so I'll try a dark purple instead. Any advice as to what would be a suitable colour?

This post was last modified: 03-02-2008 09:39 AM by Vintagephreak.

03-01-2008 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 960
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyPyro Stick 03-01-2008

Awesome. Some more pics would be appreciated. Close ups of the units and the juggernaut etc.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

03-01-2008 05:43 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 503
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyXander 03-01-2008

Ya, larger pics would be great!  Looking good though!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
03-01-2008 08:50 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyclam 03-02-2008

WOW! impressive Takes Hat off - and please give us some close ups of this treasure

Quote:
every single original classic CD

- you say??

- Don't see af Siege Cannon there - is it hidden behind the Jugger?? Respect to the Hat! Respect to the Hat! Respect to the Hat!

I'm going for a similar collection - but think the Juggernaut (and the Siege Cannon) is out of reach.

But still a long way to go then - have only around 30 Citadels, 4 Marauders but also a Tenderiser and Whirlwind Happy - just waiting to be based, primed and painted.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
03-02-2008 06:05 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 855

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyGhrask Dragh 03-02-2008

Nice collection! an inspiration to finish my own.

Would also like some close-ups though Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
03-02-2008 06:14 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyPyro Stick 03-02-2008

I really want to finish my unit of marauders now. Have you got pics of the crossbowman?

03-02-2008 06:21 AM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyKera foehunter 03-02-2008

great army!!!i i like the crossbow dwarf that looks like rambo

The last of female chaos dwarf
03-02-2008 06:27 AM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1271

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyAGPO 03-02-2008

Awesome - loving the boar centaurs!

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

03-02-2008 10:51 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 855

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyGhrask Dragh 03-02-2008

I love it!! great fun picking out my favorite miniatures, thanks for the close-ups Cheers!

This is my kind of army, can't wait for the seige cannon. Don't think the flesh colour would have worked, purples not a bad idea - would it fit in with the rest of the army though? I would go with green skin and red fur, what do you think?

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
03-02-2008 11:18 AM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyPyro Stick 03-02-2008

Ghrask Dragh Wrote:
Don't think the flesh colour would have worked, purples not a bad idea - would it fit in with the rest of the army though? I would go with green skin and red fur, what do you think?

I dont think red and green would go. Just go for red and gold like the rest of your army

03-02-2008 02:26 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1264
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyclam 03-02-2008

Thx! Vintagephreak

See the Siege Cannon know - sorry then Wink

So many wonderful models - and you did them justice with such a great paintjob.

Btw: Like the shield for Belekhost Deathbringer (a Armour plate from the Spiky Bits Sprue - right?) - I'm thinking of giving him a coffin shield though Respect to the Hat!

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
03-02-2008 05:05 PM
Vintagephreak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyVintagephreak 03-02-2008

[/quote]

clam Wrote:
Thx! Vintagephreak

See the Siege Cannon know - sorry then Wink

So many wonderful models - and you did them justice with such a great paintjob.

Btw: Like the shield for Belekhost Deathbringer (a Armour plate from the Spiky Bits Sprue - right?) - I'm thinking of giving him a coffin shield though Respect to the Hat!

No apologies necessary my friend, I was at fault: the first pics did not have the cannon in them. I forgot to include it as it was only partially painted. Or because I am getting on a bit and my brain grows ever more dim by the minute. Now, where do I live again..?

You're right, Belek has a 40K bit as a shield, stuck it on as a stopgap measure since I forgot (see above) where I had put my bag of original shields. Worked out ok in the end so it stayed on... A coffin shield would have been my choice also.

03-02-2008 05:45 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyKera foehunter 03-02-2008

Thanks for the update i like the colors you used

The last of female chaos dwarf
03-02-2008 07:47 PM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyWillmark 03-02-2008

Now these are CHAOS DWARFS!!!!!!

My Want List / My Trade List
03-02-2008 08:20 PM
Uzkul Werit
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Slaves: 1
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyUzkul Werit 03-03-2008

How many points is this army?

For who knows their way around a larder better than a Halfling?
Raze their cities and loot their gold, bleed them dry and burn their souls!

Yamakaze on The Ogre Stronghold

03-03-2008 08:52 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyHashut's Blessing 03-03-2008

We'd like to know because we want to award you the medals you deserve for such an awesome army.

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

03-03-2008 08:58 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyPyro Stick 03-04-2008

Uzkul Werit Wrote:

Im guessing its about 2000 points.

03-04-2008 01:02 PM
aki
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 0

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyaki 03-08-2008

really nice Martin, didn`t knew that you were a member here. Can`t wait to see the siege gun finished

"kongen har fedd meg vel, eg er fet om hjartet"

Famous last words

HELP ME TO GET AN ARMY: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=5991
03-08-2008 04:00 AM
Vintagephreak
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyVintagephreak 03-28-2008

Uzkul Werit Wrote:

Hi! I need to check in more often, sorry for the lack of comments/posts/response, but Real Life intrudes at the most inopportune moments to drag me kicking and screaming from my hobbies...

In all honesty I am unsure of the points value as I (get ready for this) have never played CDs at all, just collected and painted since CDs are both fun and cool, and reminds me of the more tongue-in-cheek approach GW had to their minis in the past. I do play WFB, albeit Empire and Chaos armies plus Death Korps of Krieg in 40K. So I need help in assessing the points value. Plus the jugger and siege gun never really had any points value attached to them, I believe..?

Cheers,

Martin

03-28-2008 09:05 AM
Perv
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 0

RE: Complete classic CD collection/armyPerv 03-28-2008

Stunning !!! I am very jealous !!!

03-28-2008 09:56 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chaos Dwarf Army complete tenebre 3 1,630 01-16-2016 07:11 PM
Last Post: Roark
  Clam's Coloured Classic Collection (pic heavy) - various stuff clam 164 130,747 12-22-2011 05:02 AM
Last Post: theforgefather
  Vintagephreak's classic chaos dwarf army Vintagephreak 41 21,698 12-28-2010 05:06 AM
Last Post: Fequiil
  Loki's Army Classic Models help needed 21/11/10 Loki 365 171,864 11-22-2010 10:59 AM
Last Post: Loki
  Bazil's extremely slow grind to complete a Chaos Dwarf army Bazil 14 5,871 09-25-2009 07:48 PM
Last Post: Bazil

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites