Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (26): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Ishkur's Dawi Zharr project
Author MessageIshkur's Dawi Zharr project
The Slaver
Unregistered

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectThe Slaver 06-23-2007

That is AWSOME!!! the burnt face, the whip, he is perfect. in my opinion, THIS is where the CD should be going.

06-23-2007 08:02 PM
Quote this message in a reply
WarTzuk
Unregistered

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectWarTzuk 06-28-2007

Greetings! Takes Hat off I really like your chaos dwarf warriors and hobgoblin bolt thrower. Im so jealous (i must get those moulds!!!) If Games Workshop is going to remake chaos dwarfs, they should make them like these.

-WarTzuk

This post was last modified: 06-28-2007 08:25 AM by WarTzuk.

06-28-2007 05:24 AM
Kobarf
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectKobarf 06-28-2007

Your army is truly amazing, makes me appreciate the big hats Takes Hat off
That body casting idea is gold, might have to do the same once I get some multipart dwarfs if you don't mind. Really love the overseer too, can't wait to see him painted up.

Kobarf

You know what they say: the bigger the hat, the smaller the...
06-28-2007 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectIshkur Cinderhat 06-30-2007

Finally, I can present my scratch-built Earthshaker. After all, no self-respecting Chaos Dwarf Warlord can do without one. Happy

The initial start of the project was my find of a cheap plastic lamp socket in a DIY store which I transformed (with a lot of Greenstuff) into the mortar. The chassis (except the wheels) is totally built from scratch using all kinds of plastic parts. These were then covered in greenstuff so that I could give it an iron, hammered surface finish. Hope you like it! Respect to the Hat!

Hashut!

06-30-2007 09:56 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectGhrask Dragh 06-30-2007

Thats one of the best Chaos dwarf conversions I've ever seen.

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
06-30-2007 10:04 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projecttorn 06-30-2007

absolutely fantastic. I was going to use the spare cannon parts from my dwarf organ gun but this is so much cooler. The fat barrel is what really makes it an earthshaker!

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
06-30-2007 11:41 AM
Kobarf
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectKobarf 06-30-2007

Like I said on HoH, really amazing, love the whole atmosphere of the model and the detailed touches really make it stand out.
Congratulations Cheers!

Kobarf

You know what they say: the bigger the hat, the smaller the...
06-30-2007 11:43 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectcornixt 06-30-2007

Wow, that is amazing.  I love the big hat in the back!

06-30-2007 09:59 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Mods of Hashut
Slaves: 1271

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectAGPO 07-01-2007

What can I say? Stunning as usual. Your paint scheme just seems to make already brillant conversions outstanding. Are you planning to enter any of your chaos dwarfs into Golden Daemon this year. I think you'd be in with a chance

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

07-01-2007 11:53 AM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectIshkur Cinderhat 07-01-2007

I really don't think my stuff is nearly good enough for realistic chances at the Golden Demon. However, I might enter some of my Chaos Dwarfs to have them represented at all in the competition! Happy

07-01-2007 01:16 PM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectGhrask Dragh 07-01-2007

Granted the standard has shot up the last couple of years, especially here in the UK, but you're stuff could win some trophies at GD!!!!
I went to my first Games Day last year and there was alot of interest around Golden Demon and if people saw your miniatures there (that earthshaker in particular) it would definitley rally more troops to our cause, so you see its for the good of the community you don't really have a choice now Ishkur Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
07-01-2007 01:32 PM
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectThe Flying Beaver 07-01-2007

That takes the award for being my favouritest earthshaker ever.

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12
07-01-2007 03:43 PM
The Slaver
Unregistered

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectThe Slaver 07-01-2007

* head simply implodes with the raw awsomeness of this project, spewing kudos over everything*

07-01-2007 06:16 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 731
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectHashut's Blessing 07-01-2007

Well f*ck*ng done old chap! That is a most excellent earthshaker indeed and perhaps the best conversion I have EVR seen...

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

07-01-2007 06:50 PM
Arashi
Unregistered

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectArashi 07-02-2007

I think Im in love, that earthshaker is the best thing I have ever seen... My b-day is soon, so you could convert a second one for me, neh? Wink

Serriously, I cant find any faults on it, its just goddamn perfect. Where is that bullhead from the second picture from? And how did you get that shape on the metal?
The DZ with the whip is also fantastic, but I think I have told you that before Tongue Wink

07-02-2007 12:31 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectIshkur Cinderhat 07-02-2007

That bull's head is from an earlier project of mine.. For some time I wanted to build an army of the Minotaurs Space Marine Chapter and created quite... um, elaborate.. shoulder pads for them:

While I loved the result (so exaggerated, it's almost like World of Warcraft!) the sculpts would not cast well, so I dropped the project.

Still it means I have some bull heads around for fitting Dawi Zharr conversions. Big Grin

07-02-2007 01:15 PM
Lepreh Khan
Unregistered

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectLepreh Khan 07-02-2007

Gee, I've just lost the drive momentarily to convert up stuff...

Hehe, the minotaur marines... half bull, half smurf...

-Lepreh Khan

07-02-2007 05:57 PM
Hobgobbler
Unregistered

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectHobgobbler 07-02-2007

Wow, these look really nice, the best earthshaker ive ever seen, this GW quality or better.
You should try and convince xander to put you in the picture gallery section, your cd's have no doubt inspired all of us

07-02-2007 08:57 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectXander 07-02-2007

Hobgobbler Wrote:
You should try and convince xander to put you in the picture gallery section, your cd's have no doubt inspired all of us

I will definitely make a page for Ishkur if he wants it!  I will be adding more to Snotlin's page very soon. Happy  I also should have room for Bjorni's army which is a great example of a fast made army, and one tht uses the Helmed look.

EDIT: Oh ya, stunning work Ishkur!  A fine example for all to follow!  Really encapsulates the raw force and power of the Earthshaker Cannon!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 07-02-2007 09:13 PM by Xander.

07-02-2007 09:10 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectIshkur Cinderhat 07-03-2007

There is not an awful lot of models in my army yet, but I'd sure love to and be honoured to have an army feature on the main page! Happy

Next up is another regiment of troops, so that I can provide some more hatty dwarfs soon.

07-03-2007 07:03 AM
Pages (26): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arashi's Dawi Zharr conversions Arashi 100 57,298 11-04-2010 01:11 PM
Last Post: Arashi
  A Dawi Zharr goaler... Ubbo Sathla 18 9,564 02-26-2009 06:15 PM
Last Post: Ubbo Sathla

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites