Pages (26): « First < Previous 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Ishkur's Dawi Zharr project
Author MessageIshkur's Dawi Zharr project
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 86
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectIshkur Cinderhat 03-17-2009

Well, here it is. The Shatterer Beast, my GH8 entry. Takes Hat off

I built the thing from scratch using loads of fimo, plaster, styrene strips, green stuff and a few bitz from 40k. I made all the parts for one leg, then reproduced it in resin. The daemon breath rifle fusileers are also 100% homemade. For the other crewmen I built the bodies myself and finished them with a few spare bitz.

Since I will probably want to use this beastie as a mammoth-proxy in my WoC army (so that it will at least see *some* action one day), I'll add some more crewmen - maybe blunderbussers - later, to have a full 10-man unit on the platform. The mortar is just for decoration and because I felt the whole thing would seem to have too little firepower with only the riflemen on board. Big Grin

03-17-2009 07:35 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ubertechie
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 3

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectUbertechie 03-17-2009

It is a fantastic model and thanks for sharing with us some insight into how it was made. I particularly like the beaten metal effect and was wondering how you had achieved it ?

03-17-2009 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               

Ubertechie Wrote:
It is a fantastic model and thanks for sharing with us some insight into how it was made. I particularly like the beaten metal effect and was wondering how you had achieved it ?

All those dents have been "hammered" into the soft fimo before baking with a pen's round end. It's the same technique that I used on my earthshaker - of course on a much larger surface! ^^

03-17-2009 07:51 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ubertechie
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 3

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectUbertechie 03-17-2009

Ishkur - thanks again for sharing - the metal I think personally is what makes the model - to many times you see large pieces like this with big areas of no detail which is plain unrealistic  - the effect you have used makes the model more realistic(?) and gives it a sense of purpose and age.

03-17-2009 07:59 AM
demi_morgana
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectdemi_morgana 03-17-2009

I've been waiting for wip-shots of this piece since I saw the beast - masterpiece!!! Big Grin

03-17-2009 08:06 AM
Border Reiver
Lammasu

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 64
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectBorder Reiver 03-17-2009

Wow, that really is all I have to say here.  Wow.

Questions, comments, criticisms, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks.
03-17-2009 10:52 AM
Swissdictator
Hashut's Code Monkey

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 1348
Best General - 2008 Best General - 2009 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best General - 2010                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectSwissdictator 03-17-2009

That is a really cool piece of work! It's intimidating to say the least (in more then one sense).

Does one of the crew have Empire arms??? Or is it just my eyes?

Very nice to see some close ups, and it becomes quickly apparent how much work went into this... not that there was ever doubt... just the question of how much.

FORGET AoS. Whoever designed it isn't fit to pour [water] out of a boot with instructions written under the heel.
03-17-2009 11:23 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projecttjub 03-17-2009

Awesome! Big Grin

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

03-17-2009 11:31 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectCanix 03-17-2009

OH YEAAAH ,that sure is an awe inspiring piece Takes Hat off
I think Forgeworld would be left eating their hats ,the painting really makes it something special many thanks for a look at the WIP .The doombull Kolossus of Hashut Respect to the Hat!

Hashut is pleased go forth and trample all before you!

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12

This post was last modified: 03-17-2009 01:03 PM by Canix.

03-17-2009 01:00 PM
orcs of fire
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 7

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectorcs of fire 03-17-2009

wowShock that is really good and deserved to win
Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 03-17-2009 01:04 PM by orcs of fire.

03-17-2009 01:04 PM
Arashi
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 125
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectArashi 03-17-2009

You sure deserves that gold, well done! And I who thought it was based on some kind of toy or something... Tongue

My rarely updated blog.
03-17-2009 02:07 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Aw Arashi how could you..! Big Grin

@Swiss: the steersman has a dwarf arm and a Chaos Space Marine arm, once I had finished the fusileer I knew I'm no good at sculpting hands. ^^

03-17-2009 03:11 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectXander 03-17-2009

Marvellously done.  I gave up on winning when I saw your entry. Wink

I thought that *I* had put a lot of work in to mine! Sheesh!

WIPs of mine coming soon. Happy

Oh, and Ishkur... Painted Bull Centaurs? Big Grin

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 03-17-2009 03:29 PM by Xander.

03-17-2009 03:26 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Xander Wrote:
Oh, and Ishkur... Painted Bull Centaurs? Big Grin

Ahk. Rolleyes If only they would ever do something useful on the battlefield, I'd me more inclined to paint them! Big Grin

03-17-2009 04:56 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectKera foehunter 03-17-2009

that is so frinking cool !! now we must see it on the battle field !!!
Great job !!* high five*

The last of female chaos dwarf
03-17-2009 05:12 PM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectclam 03-17-2009

Once again congrats, Ishkur. It's a remarkable entry - and as alway - so well preformed Takes Hat off

And I like your new style for dwarfs a lot.

Could we see some close up's of the painted Blunderbusses as well? - you can't really see them in the overall pictures - and I find them to be some of your best sculpts ever, so please ..?? - would you please do that for meBig Grin

And:

Xander Wrote:
I gave up on winning when I saw your entry. Wink

Think we all did that Wink I see a new site logo comming - your tri-barral cannon next to this beast Big Grin

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
03-17-2009 05:15 PM
Hazkar
Great Taurus

Slaves: 148

RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectHazkar 03-17-2009

woooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats a great giant mini
nice wip pics,cool to see how you made it
i love it

03-17-2009 05:15 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

clam Wrote:
And I like your new style for dwarfs a lot.

Could we see some close up's of the painted Blunderbusses as well? - you can't really see them in the overall pictures - and I find them to be some of your best sculpts ever, so please ..?? - would you please do that for meBig Grin

Of course I do that for you! Takes Hat off

Well I'm not turning my back on big hats. Respect to the Hat! I just wanted to keep the warmachine crews with masks/helmets as per the Earthshaker, so I opted for that design.

The fusileers wield some kind of heavy shooty weapon, I call them the Daemon Breath Rifles. Eventually all the shooting attacks from that platform will be handled like throwing axes (if I use it as a Chaos Mammoth) so it's not that important, but I liked the idea to give them something more arcane than a blunderbuss. ^^

I'm not really satisfied with the helmets of the fusileers, something a bit more scary would have been cool, but I'm not good at that - yet.

This post was last modified: 03-17-2009 06:37 PM by Ishkur Cinderhat.

03-17-2009 06:34 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectXander 03-18-2009

As per the Hellcannon, I think you mean to say. Respect to the Hat!

Those crewman are really cool! Happy

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 03-18-2009 09:07 AM by Xander.

03-18-2009 09:07 AM
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Ishkur's Dawi Zharr projectclam 03-18-2009

Thx for close ups, Ishkur Takes Hat off

I know you are not giving up the hats Happy - but it's still nice to see you try out masks for a change - also for regular troopers Wink Those fusileers are amazing - I really love there daemonic rifles - sadly they would never rank up in a unit of BBs. A the 2 crewmen áre also very impressive.

Xander Wrote:
As per the Hellcannon, I think you mean to say. Respect to the Hat!

No, I actually think he means Earthshaker - his own Earthshaker of course Wink

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...70#pid6570

But it the same s*** really Big Grin - as Ishkur has mainly used the the Hell Cannon Crews for his own take on ES crews.

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
03-18-2009 05:00 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arashi's Dawi Zharr conversions Arashi 100 57,264 11-04-2010 01:11 PM
Last Post: Arashi
  A Dawi Zharr goaler... Ubbo Sathla 18 9,559 02-26-2009 06:15 PM
Last Post: Ubbo Sathla

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites